Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online (http://forums.tauonline.org/)
-   Tau Army Lists (http://forums.tauonline.org/tau-army-lists/)
-   -   1500 Bring It On (http://forums.tauonline.org/tau-army-lists/66958-1500-bring.html)

BigBoston 04 Apr 2009 05:41

1500 Bring It On

Greetings,
Thank you again for all the people gave me advice last month, I have now played 5 games and have not lost and annihilated an IG army on the 3rd turn. So needless to say I love the Tau and believe that I have picked the right army.

With my early success my buddies want me to play a single list and take them all on, this will most likely be happening in 2-3 weeks so I want to start now and give them a run.

Below is my list, I will be facing IG, Chaos SM, Dark Angels, and Tyranids.

Please let me know what you think and things I should be aware of.

HQ

Shas'o
2 Shield Drones
Missile Pod
TL Plasma Rifle
Multi-Tracker

Elite

3 Crisis Suit
Team Leader
2 Shield Drones
Multi-Tracker
Missile Pod
Plasma Rifle

Troop

9 Fire Warrior
1 Shas'ui w/marker light, bonding knife, and target lock

9 Fire Warrior

10 Kroot
w/ 10 Kroot Hounds

Fast

7 Pathfinder
1 Shas'ui /w Bonding knife and target lock
3 Rail Rifles
Devil Fish w/ Decoy launcher, disruption pod, multi-tracker

Heavy

Hammerhead w/ Decoy launcher, disruption pod, multi-tracker
Railgun
2 Burst cannon

Ion Cannon
2 Burst cannon

2 Broadside
Team Leader
2 Shield drones
TL Railgun
Smart missile system
Multi-Tracker

65 Models
HQ - 10.1 %
Elite - 14.7%
Troop - 26%
Fast - 16.4%
Heavy - 32.7%

Total Points 1499

henbobbleb 04 Apr 2009 20:24

Re: 1500 Bring It On

IMO there are too few troop choices and they are too immobile, I would cut out the pathfinders and boost the firewarrior teams to 12 men and 1 devilfish each. That would make the list far more mobile and more able to capture objectives.

I would say that you would also find it very hard against a tryanid swarm. Otherwise I would say that it has enough firepower to tackle most tanks and the commader/crisis suits should make life hard for MEQs

Shasel_Ahab 05 Apr 2009 23:43

Re: 1500 Bring It On

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBoston
Greetings,
Thank you again for all the people gave me advice last month, I have now played 5 games and have not lost and annihilated an IG army on the 3rd turn. So needless to say I love the Tau and believe that I have picked the right army.

With my early success my buddies want me to play a single list and take them all on, this will most likely be happening in 2-3 weeks so I want to start now and give them a run.

Below is my list, I will be facing IG, Chaos SM, Dark Angels, and Tyranids.

Good luck, Tau are one of the best armies at tailoring lists but suffer a little at all-comers situations like this. The DA player could be a T'auk'cka and bring Deathwing while the 'Nid player could bring a Hormagaunt Horde, which would pretty much guarantee you losing to one... because we could (theoretically) annihilate either with a tailored list, but with the same list for both it wouldn't go so well...

Quote:

Please let me know what you think and things I should be aware of.

So be it ;).

Quote:

Shas'o
2 Shield Drones
Missile Pod
TL Plasma Rifle
Multi-Tracker

I'd say drop the TL on the Plasma Rifle and get yerself a good ol' Stimulant Injector. FNP drives everyone crazy (which is why Plague Marines are so feared :-X)

Quote:

Elite

3 Crisis Suit
Team Leader
2 Shield Drones
Multi-Tracker
Missile Pod
Plasma Rifle

Only 3!?! I see a lack of suits here... Try to squeeze points and get some more? Our suits are our most versatile unit, I like Firestorms personally. ~ 150pts(?) can get like 15 shots (w/ 6 str 7) and JSJ..

Quote:

Troop

9 Fire Warrior

9 Fire Warrior

I personally mount all FW squads and only bring bare bones squads to squeeze as many pulse shots as possible in. I don't like wasting points on upgrades for Firewarrior Squads (IMO, IMO!!! you can put the pitchfork down ;)!!!).

Quote:

7 Pathfinder
1 Shas'ui /w Bonding knife and target lock
3 Rail Rifles
Devil Fish w/ Decoy launcher, disruption pod, multi-tracker

I say drop the target lock and the Rail Rifles, the BK is personal preference so I won't argue that.

Quote:

Heavy

Railgun
2 Burst cannon

Ion Cannon
2 Burst cannon

I say lose the Decoy Launchers.

Quote:

65 Models
HQ - 10.1 %
Elite - 14.7%
Troop - 26%
Fast - 16.4%
Heavy - 32.7%

Total Points 1499

A little bottom 'heavy' there, try spreading points? MT's on XV-88's don't usually do much for me.