Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1.5K O'shovah Tournament List. Yes, O'shovah.
Old 13 Mar 2009, 06:37   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Tau_devil Send a message via Yahoo to Tau_devil
Default 1.5K O'shovah Tournament List. Yes, O'shovah.

Ok. I saw a thread a few months back that said O'shovah lists can't be competitive at tournies. Now I beg to differ. So, I'm taking him to a tourny to see how I go, and I think I can build a decent Hybrid list to run for it. I would like some input from people you think this list could go well.

I am looking a running a list like this:

HQ
O'Shovah 175

Elite = 215
XV8, Fusion Flamer Multitracker. 46

XV8, Missile Plasma Multitraker. 62

3 XV15s Teamleader, Markerlight, Fusion Blaster. 107

Troop = 420
12 Fire Warriors, Teamleader, Markerlight. 140

Fast Attack = 238
Pathfinders 4 Teamleader 178
Warfish, Disruption Pod, Smart Missile System, Multi Tracker.

Piranha, Fusion, Disruption Pod 70

Heavy Support = 375
Hammerhead, Railgun, 2 Burst Cannons, Multi Tracker, Targetlock, Disruption Pod. 170

2 XV88 Broadsides, Twin-linked Plasmas, ASS. 200

Total so far, 1428 points. I can field this with out buying any thing. I can add 2 more Crisis suits armed with; Missile pod and Fusion Blaster and Cyclic Ion Blaster and Missle Pod, I can add more stealth suits, with/out Fusion blaster. I don't have any more Pathfinders or any Marker Drones. I can add a Skyray or Sniper drones as wall.

Edit: corrected points.
C&C Please!
Old 14 Mar 2009, 01:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: 1.5K O'shovah Tournament List. Yes, O'shovah.

I would recomend dropping both your current XV8's for a 2 man deathrain+ team. Dropping the fusion cannon on your stealth suits to give them all a drone controller and a markerdrone each (you can make them from gun drones and target locks). Dropping all the fire warrior teams to 8 men and losing the upgrades, giving them all devilfishes. With any leftover points, I would recommend giving O'Shovah a Helio+ bodyguard, giving the pirhana a targeting array, and making one broadside a team leader with HW-multi tracker, a bonding knife, and 2 shield drones
LOL=== []\
L \ \
\_________\
| |
-------------/
leatherback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2009, 13:35   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

I thought you needed 1500 pts before you could include farsight?
Old 14 Mar 2009, 16:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
He is trying to turn this into a 1500 point list (see the title), so it's all good.
LOL=== []\
L \ \
\_________\
| |
-------------/
leatherback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2009, 04:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherback
Quote:
He is trying to turn this into a 1500 point list (see the title), so it's all good.
This will be a 1.5K list one it's finished. At the moment it is about 1430. I've miss counted the points. So that limits what I can put in to maybe a crisis suit and some tank upgrades.

I used this list in a friendly game on the weekend and that highlighted a couple of things I should have put in the list, one of those is seeker missiles. With 70 points left that I can add to the list that means I can put two and the all three vehicles and have some points some points spare. I'm thinking I might do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherback
I would recomend dropping both your current XV8's for a 2 man deathrain+ team. Dropping the fusion cannon on your stealth suits to give them all a drone controller and a markerdrone each (you can make them from gun drones and target locks). Dropping all the fire warrior teams to 8 men and losing the upgrades, giving them all devilfishes. With any leftover points, I would recommend giving O'Shovah a Helio+ bodyguard, giving the pirhana a targeting array, and making one broadside a team leader with HW-multi tracker, a bonding knife, and 2 shield drones
I can't get most of this stuff in time for the tournament (it's at Easter and I'm not working). I agree that most of it would work better with a O'Shovah list. I will give the Broadside team leader the Multi tracker. All units that can be bonded are, I forgot to list it in the list (it's free for Farsight units anyway).

One thing that come up in the game is Slow and Purposeful, which is what ASS gives you, but it doesn't exist in the new Rules. Me and my friends decided that it is just Relentless now, but that's not official. That means I'm gonna have to email GW and get a ruling.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 13:04   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

"Slow and Purposeful" is definitely still in 5th edition, and it works just as it did before. It's on page 76, three entries down from "Relentless".
Bluecinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2009, 00:15   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecinder
"Slow and Purposeful" is definitely still in 5th edition, and it works just as it did before. It's on page 76, three entries down from "Relentless".
So it is. Not sure how I missed that. Thank you for pointing it out.

[hr]

Edit; I'm thinking about dropping the pirahna, the XV-15 markerlight and Fusion at the moment and putting a skyray in. This won't be much of a offensive vehicle (not that they really are) and will be light on upgrades. Not sure if this will be the best use of the point but I hope to get a few games in and see. What do you guys think?

[hr]

The Tourny isn't until October and it looks like I will be able to get new models for it. So I'm open to any and all suggestions. I'm gonna proxy test any new units and ideas before I buy anything thought. I'll do up a couple of revisions based on my ideas for the list and what other people have said, and play them as I get the chance.