Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500pt Battle Bunker Tournament List
Old 04 Jan 2009, 02:28   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default 1500pt Battle Bunker Tournament List

Hey guys,

I need an optimal list to handle all the tournament norms such as Eldrad, Nidzilla, Biker Nobs, Lash etc... Does my current incarnation of a 1500pt Tau army have all the tools necessary to deal with the above such threats? Lemme know if I left anything out that would be vital.

HQ
Shas’el: Targetting Array, Plasma Rifle, Cyclic Ion Blaster, Hw-Mt, Hw-Dc,2 x Shield Drones 130pts

Elites

XV8 Crisis Team: 3, Plasma, Missile Pods, Multi Tracker 186pts
Stealth Team: 6 180pts
Troops

Fire Warriors: 8, Devil Fish(Mandatory Pathfinder One), Disruption Pod, Multi Tracker, SMS, Targeting Array 205pts
Fire Warriors: 8, Devil Fish, Disruption Pod, Multi Tracker, SMS, Targeting Array 205pts
Kroot: 15 105pts

Fast Attack

Path Finders: 7 84pts
Piranha: Fusion Blaster, Targeting Array 75pts

Heavy Support

Hammer Head: Rail Gun, Burst Cannons, Multi Tracker, Disruption Pod 165pts
Hammer Head: Rail Gun, Burst Cannons, Multi Tracker, Disruption Pod 165pts

Total: 1500pts
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2009, 02:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: 1500pt Battle Bunker Tournament List

good, except the path finders need to take a fish (very vital). Also, i would recommend switching the Fireknives out for deathrains as you will need the anti light tank if you come up against nids where they can double as big nid thing killers.
LOL=== []\
L \ \
\_________\
| |
-------------/
leatherback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2009, 03:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

you can try piggy backing the firewarrior devilfish, officialy listing it to the pathfinders. But it means placing them near each other <shrugs>
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2009, 04:11   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Err, I should of noted that one of the fishes belonging to a Fire Warrior team is in fact the mandatory Path Finder Devil Fish. I'll edit the list accordingly to reflect that. Your able to deploy the Path Finders separately from their Devil Fish. Thus, I can have the Path Finders in a ruin, and near the other table edge deploy their Devil Fish with the 8 Fire Warriors behind it. Then its simply hoping them into the transport on your first turn and letting the madness ensue.

I do love Death Rain Crisis Suits myself, however, I've always used a Fire Knife configuration since the Tau were first released. I find that Twin-Linked Missile Pods doesn't have enough "umph" in terms of the AP department to get past MC 2+ and 3+ armour saves. The Rifles are their for insurance more then anything. I would actually like to have a dedicated squad maybe with Twin Linked Plasma Rifle and Missile Pods for the starting turns or vice verse, but in the end the Multi Tracker just adds more shots as opposed to less shots but more accuracy. I dunno, its a toss up.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2009, 02:51   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard

I do love Death Rain Crisis Suits myself, however, I've always used a Fire Knife configuration since the Tau were first released. I find that Twin-Linked Missile Pods doesn't have enough "umph" in terms of the AP department to get past MC 2+ and 3+ armour saves. The Rifles are their for insurance more then anything. I would actually like to have a dedicated squad maybe with Twin Linked Plasma Rifle and Missile Pods for the starting turns or vice verse, but in the end the Multi Tracker just adds more shots as opposed to less shots but more accuracy. I dunno, its a toss up.
Missile Pods do pack the "Ummph" but probably only in greater numbers - its high ROF v AP now days. The AP is good, but even Plasma Rifles will struggle with a Tyrant and Tyrant Guard claiming Cover Saves. - Whereas MP's pack a high ROF and reliably wound! Which force the MC's to take lots of saves - even with a 2 plus save, if you take enough of them you will fail

But the problem with Deathrains is while they will reliably cause wounds you need alot of them to Guarantee the result (I used 15 in a recent battle against Nids and they slaughtered them, but 30 S7 missiles a turn will do that!). As you only have 3 Crisis Suits the Fire Knife is probably a more versatile set up - you still have the MP to take down LV's (and the Plasma Rifle will do this too). The Plasma will do well against MC's too (your 2 Rail Guns stand very little chance of killing much in the way of MC's on there own in a 5/7 turn battle - so the plasma is a nice back up) and the MP's will force at an average 2/3 saves a turn.

If I was you I would drop the stealth team and replace them with another unit (or 2) of Crisis Suits.

You could have another 3 Fireknives, 3 Deathrains (my preferred choice) or even 3 TL Flamer XV8's with BS filter and 2 TL Flamer XV8 with /or without a couple of Gun Drones (The Gundrone option would put you slightly above the point for the Stealth's tho, so u might have to trim elsewhere).

TL Flamer XV8's are good against every one! - Marines (or MEQ's) because they force a very high number of saves, it you get a good bunching you could easily inflict 20 Wounds with 3 Suits which is 6/7 Dead Marines, they will mince through Hordes and and low AV targets like Imp Guard too. Plus you already have a Pathfinder Devilfish so you would be able to get a reroll on your scatter for DS - just drop them right in and flame away.

Eitherway I think any unit of XV8's would do a better job for you than the stealths - I admit I am not a fan of Stealth Suits, but in the context of an all comer's list I think there are to many units you will come up against where they will be completely ineffective - MEQ, Nidzilla, Vehicle heavy etc, and they force you to get to close to the enemy (18 Inch Range), while the Crisis Suits are muchmore versatile, equipped to take out most things, and can do it from a safer distance.

Your Troops Choices are OK, but I would try to squeeze in some KHs (15 Kroot and 10 Kroot Hounds, or 10 Kroot and 10 Kroot Hounds can be a killer unit).

Finally - the Piranha, whats your plan for it? - in all comers lists there will be a lot of AT weapons - how likely will your Piranha be to survive any sustained fire? On top of this, its worth 2 KP's (Drones and vehicle). - I would personally replace it with another troops choice, 4 Troops is a good number in 5th and gives you some redundancy (also useful).
Old 07 Jan 2009, 17:52   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to TauGamer

Good List. I would recommend taking less pathfinders and fielding more fire warrior. After all fire warrior should be the base of all Tau armys.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig

(\_/) this is bunny.
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination.
TauGamer is offline   Reply With Quote