Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Enclave Apocolypse Army List
Old 14 Feb 2008, 22:53   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Sp00k2552
Default Enclave Apocolypse Army List

This is my army list for an upcoming apoc game..
Its in .xls format (excel)... There are multiple deployments listed, these are just for the game rules. (turn 1 50% deploy, turn 2 25% from reserve, turn 3 last 25%)
Let me know what you guys think. (if you see better deployment options let me know too)

http://www.geocities.com/yuuzhanvong...colypseTau.xls
Old 15 Feb 2008, 02:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Enclave Apocolypse Army List

I have an interesting tactic I've used in a few Apocalypse games that I think you might be able to use; if you have enough troops (or even better kroot), you can cover the entirety of your table edges(with proper spacing) so as to render the FLANK MARCH ability useless; and when combined with a Disruption Beacon (I think that's what it's called anyway... you know... the deep strike scattering device) makes it very difficult for the enemy to get behind you.

As for the Army list...

1: If you have the extra shield drones I would highly suggest that you give one or two to each XV88. (It really sucks to lose a 2 wound model to a single hit)
2: Unless you would think it too cheesy... the spc equip limits don't apply and you could do such things as say... TL CIB... or (my favorite) a 7-suit Farsight ABF Barrage Squad >) Just keep that in mind.
3: Iridium Armor really slows a suit down. It's high risk in my book because it eliminates your crucial manueverability. If you still want the suit for HtH then try VRT's (for the Hit and Run on thier turn)
4: Have you considered making a marker stealth team (1 or 2 MD's per suit) just put 'em in (or behind) cover and have at it.
5: Also... Beware of having your suits out there by themselves with no drones... There's an asset that can be taken that allows the opponent to get a free hit on all enemy single model units in the first turn.
6: In my oppinion, no hammerhead (or skyray) should be without a multitracker since you need to move MORE than 6" to recieve only glancing hits. If you have the extra points I'd spend it on some decoy launchers and/or disruption pods (DP only use is to help your tank survive if you go second or get stunned)

And, if you don't fancy changin' yer army ^-^ then here's my advice for deploying

1st turn: Broadsides, Pathfinders, 2 x 6 man Firewarrior Squads, a regular stealth team, and your Kroot Carnivore Squad
2nd Turn: Farsight's Squad, your Special Stealth Squad, and the 12 man Firewarrior Squad.
3rd turn: (It's redundant but...) everything else

Hope the advice helps ;D
The Gear Mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Feb 2008, 04:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

.. I'm makeing some changes using your advice, but the actual army list idea... isnt what i see as useful..
I should have said, we're playing with seven people.... I plan on poping as much armor as I can as fast as I can.. So heavy armor makes sense for second deploy now that i think of it.

I Definately need to field something suitwise turn 1, not sure what yet though

and as for Iridium Armor, I like it mainly because it gives my drones a 2+ base save too, and Im not too worried about disengageing after i enter combat with that suit.. the dice gods love him...
Old 15 Feb 2008, 04:58   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Well, I can see your point but just be aware that any infantry that get remotely in range are likely to hit you rather hard if they close to HtH.

If you're going for anti-armor you might want to consider splitting up your Crisis Suits into 1 or 2 man (alien? :P) teams with a pair of shield drones per team (for survivability). That would allow you to keep the pressure on throughout the game.

I think you already know this but just in case... it's generally not considered a good idea to put fusion blasters on a suit as the range is almost too short to be of any real use; and I think you've got the right idea of going PR, MP, & (HW)MT as anti-tank.

If you have them available I also recommend Piranhas as they really excell as tank killers and at just plain being an extreme pain in the keister.

And as for the suit for HtH.. May I recommend some research on the Vector'O variant.... you might be rather entertained.

Another thing you can do if you're desperate for more tank popping capabilities is to equip some of your firewarriors with EMP grenades. It's just a bit tricky to get them close enough.

The idea of putting out the tanks at the second and third turn instead of the first is that your broadsides will likely not be moving much when the death starts flyin' so they might as well be out on the field to start.

Good Luck on the Game man ;D
The Gear Mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Feb 2008, 05:31   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Very true, i agree completely about splitting the suits in normal situations... And the set-up (Fusion/flamer) applies to fluff for the bodyguard and will probably be a waste of points (we'll see... no way will i have the patience for a bat rep but maybe a general outcome)...

We have some allied forces, as far as I can tell 7 people on two teams... Mosy of my foe will be SMurfs though...lol or Chaos.. dang..

Vector'Os are interesting, a possibility maybe.. we'll see for future outfitting (magnetic arms are so worth it)
Old 19 Feb 2008, 19:03   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Well I modified my army list a bit using the advice you gave me.. We tied the game. We had to call it at 530... I downed the heavy stuff after losing damn near the entire bodyguard to a demolisher cannon. I held through an orbital bombardment on my asset, and had the startegic asset perk. So I held the point with my FWs and tied the game up. Noice
Old 21 Feb 2008, 17:30   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to bloodfire

is that standard a house rule or something in the apoc book?
But Isn't it funny to think that guard might be able to copy eldar tactics slightly?
You mean "Perform Eldar tactics better than Eldar", right? :P
Not unless the Eldar have an obscure Warrior Aspect that revolves around the complete mastery of the common light bulb.
Infected by Skaven
bloodfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2008, 19:02   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Both the bombardment (Its the timed one, something like once a turn on one of 3 pre designated locations) and the Strategic Asset are in the Apoc book.