Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500 point rough terrain hunter cadre- what to add?
Old 05 Sep 2007, 19:46   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default 1500 point rough terrain hunter cadre- what to add?

Well, I am back again and now I finally have all the minis needed to make a 1500 point list. Fluffwise, the Cadre comes from Dal´yth and are commanded by Shas´O Tuco.

Tuco´s Raiders is a forward operations cadre specialized to fight in forests and other rough and/or dense terrain types.

[hr]
[hr]

HQ 1: Shas´O Tuco command group- 3 xv8 models
Tuco: Cyclic ion blaster, plasma rifle, shield generator & hardwired multitracker, Bonding knife
Each bodyguard:Targetting array, plasma rifle, fusion blaster & hardwired multitracker Total: 304
[size=7pt]Shas´O Tuco and his 2 bodyguards [/size]

[hr]

Elite 1: Shas´Vre Bork - 1 xv8 model
Airbursting frag projector, plasma rifle, positional relay & stim injector Total:95
[size=7pt] Mon´at operating shas´vre [/size]

Elite 2: The silent stalkers - 4 Xv15 models
All have target lock Total: 160
[size=7pt]A forward operating stealth unit [/size]

[hr]

Troops 1: Fire warrior team Mekko 9+1 models
Pulse rifles and photon grenades. Shas´ui have Hardwired drone controller & 2 gun drones, bonding knife and EMP grenades Total: 148
[size=7pt] The long range fire support team [/size]

Troops 2: Fire warrior team Uni 5+1 models
Pulse carbines, photon & EMP grenades. Shas´ui has bonding knife, Hardwired drone controller & 2 gun dronesTotal: 122
[size=7pt] A small unit meant to give close fire support for the kroots as well as acting as an extra tank-hunter unit[/size]

Troops 3: Hokkas kindred 16+1 kroots
Kroot rifles and 2 kroot hounds
Total: 169
[size=7pt] The kroots forming the main decoy and assault element of the force[/size]

[hr]

Fast Attack 1: Kelás Pathfinders 5+1 minis & 1 Devilfish
2 rail rifles and photon grenades. Shas´ui Kelás carries a bonding knife.
Devilfish have Smart missile systems, Targetting array, multitracker, sensor spines, Disruptor pod & Decoy launcher. 2 Seeker missilesTotal: 268
[size=7pt] The eyes of the cadre and responsible for bringing down the Stealths where they are needed [/size]

[hr]

Heavy Support 1: Suppression team Olix
1 sniper drone team Total: 80
[size=7pt] For long range suppressing fire [/size]

Heavy Support 2: Fury of Tau´Va – Hammerhead gunship
Hammerhead with Ion cannon and burst cannons. Multi-tracker, Sensor spines, flechettes & Disruptor pod Total: 150
[size=7pt] A true gunship meant to bring down hell upon enemy infantry and light vehicles. [/size]

[size=14pt]Army Total: 1496[/size]

[hr]
[hr]

Well, this is my first use of the army list format. I hope it is readable. I plan to expand toward 1750 points and I wonder what I should add to the army to make it a useful but still fluffy tournament army at 1750 points.

My blog: http://mattiknife.wordpress.com
Ra´Meses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2007, 05:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to razgriz_cipher
Default Re: 1500 point rough terrain hunter cadre- what to add?

I think You should get a railhead with BC dl mt and some more kroot.
Old 06 Sep 2007, 05:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Kiznti

I think that the primary problem with this list lies in the anti-tank department. Although it does have weapons to crack tough vehicles, they are mostly concentrated in the HQ, and rather short ranged at that. I would recommend doing one of the following things to remedy the situation:

1. Split up the bodyguard. This is the most elegant option. Change one of the bodyguards to a normal suit, and make the other one a Shas'el. This allows you to have your anti-tank in two places at one, and you can even deepstrike one of them for added surprise power (remember to keep LOS with the pathfinder's fish if you do)

2. Get a Broadside. Since the primary troop contingent is static anyway, a broadside won't cause you to lose any maneuverability, and when screened by the kroot it becomes a hard target for opponents to get at. You might be able to free up the points for it by dropping some of the less useful upgrades (i.e. grenades) from the FW, as well as downsizing the kroot hounds.

3. Fusion blasters for everybody! Simple idea- load the stealths and the Shas'vre with fusion blasters. Not one of the preferred alternatives, due to how much variety your army would lose.

4. Switch the Ionhead to a Railhead. This is last on the list because, frankly, I think that the Ionhead complements the rest of the army much better than the railgun would. Also, it turns the Hammerhead into a huge points sink.

Anyways, it's your army. What you do with it is up to you. Just remember to kick some d'yi for the greater good.

Read the Strange Gazzet. You know you want to!
Kiznti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2007, 12:37   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Thanks for the ideas. In short term, I think the tank-hunter shas´el and shas´vre are the best options, not leat because they´re the cheapest ones.

But I will get a broadside or two when I expand toward 1750.

My blog: http://mattiknife.wordpress.com
Ra´Meses is offline   Reply With Quote