Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500pt army list
Closed Thread
Old 23 Dec 2006, 23:15   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default 1500pt army list

The basis of this list is to use the Fire Warriors as a static fire base that slowly weakens any advancing unit. Meanwhile, my battle suits and hammerheads jump in and out of cover removing the threats that are most dangerous to the rest of the army. I know this list doesn't have a lot of units/ variation, but i really like hammerheads and battle suits, and i believe there the best units in the tau army list.

HQ 1:
Shas'el, Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle, Targetting Array, HW Multi-Tracker, HW Stimulant Injectors. Total: 107 pts
Heavy Infantry/ Tank Destroyer
__________________________________________________ ________________

Elite 1:
Crisis Suit Team, 2x Twin-Linked Missile Pod, Targeting Array. Total: 106pts
Light Armour/Medium Infantry Hunter, able to hit at long range

Elite 2:
Crisis Suit Team, 2x Twin-Linked Plasma Rifle, Targeting Array. Total: 130pts
Heavy Infantry Hunter, follows close to the commander unit

Elite 3:
5 Stealths, 5x Targetting Arrays, Team Leader, Fusion Blaster, HW Target Lock. Total: 212 pts
Light infantry hunter, can also hit tanks using infiltrate ability, like basilisks or whirlwinds.
__________________________________________________ ________________

Troop 1:
12 Fire Warriors, Shas'ui, Markerlight, HW Target Lock. Total: 145 pts
Basic fire support and fire line. Markerlight Support

Troop 2:

Troop 3:
__________________________________________________ _______________

Heavy Support 1:
Hammerhead, SMS, Railgun, Multi-Tracker, Target Lock, Seeker Missile . Total: 175 pts
Engages heavy armour and large infantry squads.

Heavy Support 2:
Hammerhead, SMS, Railgun, Multi-Tracker, Target Lock, Seeker Missile . Total: 175 pts

Heavy Support 3:
Hammerhead, SMS, Ion Cannon, Multi-Tracker, Target Lock, Seeker Missile . Total: 145 pts

Army Total: 1495 pts
Old 24 Dec 2006, 10:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: 1500pt army list

Heck, who needs the variety award!

Some remarks, and feel free to do with it whatever you like.

1.) The crisis suits have twin-linked weapons, which already gives them a 75% chance of hitting. An extra targetting array increases that to...small calculation... 111% Wow, that is a sure hit! Wow, did not quite expect that...for 10 ptns...good combination!

2.) I wouldn't rely to much on the fusion gun in the stealt team to take out tanks like a whirlwind, because at max you can get only one hit and that me be even a glancing hit (on a skimmer) like shaken or something...unless you are also in the proximity of ligth infantry at which you can shoot I find it a waste of 12 burst cannon shots...

3.) I would put some decoy launchers and/ or disruption pods on the hammerheads...since they are quite valuable (pointwise and tactiswise) to the army and it would be a shame if they didn't do a thing because from the first turn onwards they weren't able to use their weapons. (Heavy armor often has the ability to take out other heavy armor.) Hammerheads tend to be firemagnets.

Maybe it is nice to also post some battle reports or outcomes and further changes you have made after a few battles to improve the list or to broaden the tactic explanation. I am curious how your static list holds to for example Eldar.
As for all static list, you wil get a hard time against other static armies like possibly IG, but I think you can outrange them with the Hammerheads and the crisis suits with missile pods.
Old 27 Dec 2006, 03:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

How did you figure a hit chance of greater than 100%?? Didn't know that was possible. ???
Old 28 Dec 2006, 16:08   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Ergg... I made a calculation error....sorry...it is a bit less than that....It is in no way possible to get a 100% hit chance (I think). The new calculated probability is 88,9 % for an ordinary crisis suit with targetting array (BS 4) and a twin-linked weapon.

For a roll to hit, there is a 4/6 chance of hit...thus a chance of 2/6 to miss. But because it is twin-linked you get another chance to shoot when you miss, and on the second shot, there is a probability of 4/6 to hit, combining this:
4/6 (prob. of hit on first shoot) + 2/6 (chance of mis on first shoot) * 4/6 (chance of hit on second shot) = 88,9 %
Closed Thread