Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1700 Point list - For tournament in two weeks
Closed Thread
Old 02 Nov 2006, 18:18   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default 1700 Point list - For tournament in two weeks

In a couple of weeks there's a tournament coming up that I'd very much like to play in. You see this a tournament that is being held/organized at the GW Canada Headquaters battle bunker, with the money raised being used to fight cancer.

I'd like to bring a slightly different list to this event and try out some units I've never used before so this is the list I'm thinking of using.

I'd greatly appreciate any feedback on it becuase it's a bit different from what I normally field.

The intention is to hide most of the vehichles for as long as neccesary and use the static elements (kroot/pathfinders & ethereal) to lure the opponent in before delivering a devestating kauyon.

Alternativley I have the speed, manuverability and firepower to deliver a fairly decisive Mont'ka style attack should it be needed.

Anyways with out any further rambling, here's the list:

Shas’el w/ Fusion blaster, plasma rifle, hard-wired multi tracker, targeting array

Ethereal w/ symbols of office

Battle suit w/ twin-linked missile pod, flamer

4 Stealth suits w/ burst cannon

8 Firewarriors w/ pulse rifles
Devilfish w/ smart missile system, targeting array, multi tracker, decoy launchers,

8 Firewarriors w/ pulse rifles
Devilfish w/ smart missile system, targeting array, multi tracker, decoy launchers,

10 Kroot w/ Kroot rifles

10 Kroot w/ Kroot rifles

Piranha w/ fusion blaster, targeting array

Piranha w/ fusion blaster, targeting array

8 Pathfinders w/ shas’ui
Devilfish w/ multi tracker, decoy launchers

Skyray w/ target lock, smart missile system, multi tracker, decoy launchers, targeting array

Hammerhead w/ targeting array, rail gun, burst cannons, multi tracker, decoy launchers, target lock

Hammerhead w/ targeting array, rail gun, burst cannons, multi tracker, decoy launchers, target lock

Total: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 03 Nov 2006, 22:44   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: 1700 Point list - For tournament in two weeks

Using an Ethereal as bait seems pretty risky to me... if he goes then your Suits and any dismounted troops can be in trouble awfully fast. Pathfinders too, for that matter. Putting him anywhere he might possibly get shot seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Putting him closer to the enemy outside LOS is probably the way to go, but I'm guessing you've already considered that fact.

The plan seems sound enough, and is very fitting for a Tau list. Matches the fluff perfectly... well except you don't have an Orca/Manta drop ship hovering around waiting to pick you up I suppose ;D
Old 04 Nov 2006, 20:27   #3 (permalink)
lonely tau

Default Re: 1700 Point list - For tournament in two weeks

Well, let me put together some thoughts on this list of yours *ponder ponder ponder*

HQ
I frown on the Helios configuration myself, but haave you ever thought about using a CIB, Fusion Blaster equipped commander as a charater hunter? seems like a good idea to me (although it may not be, who knows).

Ethereals are generally used as bait anyways, So I dont see what is wrong with it. I would suggest that you add a couple of Shield Drones to him, for protection.

Troops
I would add 2 more Fire Warriors to the teams (making them 10 each), othewrwise they are a very smart choice.

on the Kroot, they are a brilliant unit to use in this situation, and keeping them at a squad size of 10 makes them perfectly expendable honorable

Fast Attack:I myself have never been much of a fan of Pathfinders, but then again there are plenty of people out there who use them and have some good streaks of luck with them, and because I know you often take them in your lists, I won't discourage it at all this time. Great choice on your pihranas though!

Heavy Support: All great choices there, I wouldn't change them at all!

Closed Thread