Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Hybrid-1850
Closed Thread
Old 28 May 2006, 07:48   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Devin
Default Hybrid-1850

So amidst the stress of doing the final editing over my other lists, particularly my MECHA 1850, I decided taking a break would be a good idea.

To this end, as a joke, I set out making a Hybrid Theory 1850.

It ended up going far smoother than I expected.
But seeing as how I have little experience at such high point values, and the higher change for mathematical errors when working with larger volumes of numbers, I present it for your critique:
Quote:
HQ
Shas'El
Burst Cannon-Missile Pod-Multi-Tracker

Shas'El

Elites
3 Bonded XV8’Ui

6 Bonded XV15'Ui
6 Bonded XV15'Ui

Troops
10 Kroot
10 Kroot
10 Kroot

12 Bonded Shas’La
12 Bonded Shas’La

Fast Attack
Piranha
Fusion Blaster-Targetting Array-Decoy Launchers

Piranha

Piranha

Heavy Support
Sniper Drone Team
Sniper Drone Team
Sniper Drone Team

XV88’TL
Twin Linked Railguns-Smart Missile System
Shield Generator
Hard Wired Drone Controller
2 Shield Drones

XV88’TL
Twin Linked Railguns-Smart Missile System
Shield Generator
Hard Wired Drone Controller
2 Shield Drones
Anti-MEq=9 Railrifles-30 Kroot Rifles-24 Pulse Rifles
Anti-Armor=2 Twin-Linked Railguns-3 Fusion Blaster Piranha
Anti-Transport=5 MP Equipped XV8s
Anti-Horde=12 Stealthed Burst Cannons

Infiltrating Stealth/Kroot Base with 5 XV8 suits supporting with MP fire while 3 Fusion Blaster Piranha swoop in.

Solid Fire Base with 24 Pulse Rifle Equipped Fire Warriors protecting 3 Sniper Drone Teams providing them with long range Anti-MEq punch and 3 BS4 Markerlights. They are covered by 2 Team Leader Broadsides toting 3 Invulnerable saves EACH, as well as their default Twin-Linked Railguns and Smart Missile systems to take out Heavy Armor and deter oncoming assaulters hiding behind terrain.

*breathes again*

So yeah, I'm seeing a TON of fun with this army. >
The forward line can hold their position quite well against the early vanguards of the enemy army and/or fall back/rely on the second fire base to move up/support them.
Old 30 May 2006, 08:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via Yahoo to uriel
Default Re: Hybrid-1850

the list is a little more static from my play style, but i do feel very comfortable playing a list like this for the simple fact that it does have an answer to alot of threats on the field. the only fear i would have would be a very xp player using fast assault units on a decent terrain board could spell havoc for you. i do have to say if someone did give me this list and say play it i would feel very confident playing it.

Old 30 May 2006, 14:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Devin
Default Re: Hybrid-1850

Well thanks Uriel 8)

Well certainly considerable, more points are actually spent on the "mobile" portion of the army. I don't consider Kroot "mech" units, but I certainly don't consider them "Static" considering the infiltrate skill. I find the biggest issue with "Static" armies (and hybrid) is drawing the enemy into fire ranges. I try to counter this by having a very strong front line and a smaller static line that seems a little less imposing. I find the Kroot are low key, Stealths expected, Crisis expected, and most opponents are still iffy on dealing with the Piranha (but certainly learn quick after losing a tank or two). So they chase these elements around so I let them fall back to the firebase.

I have been tore up by assault armies though rarely from them "stepping" from the front line to the back as I keep a good distance between them. (Although one horrible game this did happen using mistakingly placed crisis suits as another "stone") The kroot do well so long as I keep them in cover (rather than charging forward) so that they hit at a better iniative. Obviously grenades are a problem.

Deepstrikers are the biggest issue for the fire base. Regular marines are not really a problem thanks to the Snipers but Termies absolutely destroy everything.

Outside of that though, assault armies hugging terrain don't do so well since I have the SMS on teh Broadsides and plenty of mobile terrain elements. Essentially, the forward line holds a large area of terrain and only gives it up when they have no choice/falling back will allow the firebase an opportunity to destroy.

So yeah, I'm fine against most thing...except 2+ saves...which I'm terrible with...
I was thinking of switching the SG's for ASS and Plasma though to counter this just a little, but as I said, the SMS system against terrain hugging assault sqauds has been a savior and they are much more prevelent than termies.