1x Shas'ui XV8 with PR, MP, MT - 64 points
3x Shas'ui XV15 - 90 points

Troops:
11x Shas'la FW, 1x Shas'ui, Devilfish - 210 points
12x Kroot - 84 points

Fast Attack:
8x Gun Drones - 96 points

Total: 726 points

I'm debating right now whether or not to upgrade the Devilfish to a Warfish, as I do have the points. Another option would be to drop the stim injector in the Shas'O and give the stealth suits targeting arrays (+1 BS is always nice). Also, no, I will not drop my Shas'O to a Shas'el. I like the extra BS and wound too much to do that. I also love my ethereal, as he has already proved his worth (never even died yet, hasn't been too hard to keep him alive). This list is a bit more mobile than my previous ones, so what I might do is a drop the shas'ui from my FW squad and attach my ethereal. On the other hand, I might just drop my ethereal.

Eh, suggestions and whatnot, especially on filling up those remaining 24 points.

One quick note: the players in my area don't really have a lot of tanks (okay, I don't know of anyone who has a single tank :). The one guy who I know is going to get a tank is Eldar, and I'll be able to pop it anyways with a bit of luck in this list. The main other people I'll play with are Necron, so I'm really just going to try and keep everyone else away and get the Kroot to tie them up.

Finally, I would like to get another squad of FW, but the fact of the matter is... I'm pretty much broke (waiting for my battleforce to arrive now :P) and this is all I've got.

Do It! ;D
5th edition stats (W/D/L)
Deathwing: 14/6/3
Tau: 5/0/3
Blood Angels (NEW): 10/1/3
Blood Angels (OLD): 27/5/10
Eldar: 10/0/1
Death Guard: 1/0/0
Old 13 May 2006, 18:52   #2 (permalink)
lonely tau

Default Re: 750 Point list

well first of all you should not take a Shas'O in a 750 point game and a Warfish would be excellent in here. that and you really dont need the C&C node because if you want to fire at something else in a small game then it probably isnt best with LD 9. after that drop the damned Ethereal, he is useless in 750 point battles. ok for your commander i would suggest a plasma rifle and fusion blaster set up w/ Targetting array and hard wired multi trakcer-97 points but noboby should have reason to laugh at it.

now on the troops you should put decoy launchers and probably the SMS and TA w/ MT for an extra 40 points you have a dangerous unit that can kill whatever it wants. and the kroot are an excellent unit in 750 point games so keep them.

gun drones are rather useful in a 750 point game IF you are playing an army that can be pinned rather easily (so that leaves necrons out)

on the elite i think they are fine and if you have the models than bring at least 1 more inbto the squad.

now in 750 you should expect something nasty and for this you should take 2 broadsides w/ MT so you can double as a horde buster and the railguns will send at least 1 necron warriors to hell each turn.

Old 13 May 2006, 19:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to crazyguy832

Haha, whoops, I made a couple mistakes in my list (forgetting upgrades, and I didn't mean to put in C&C node :P). Anyways, here's the updated list:

HQ:
Shas'O with PR, MP, Positional Relay, HW MT, Stim Injector - 137 points

Elites:

Troops:
11x Shas'la FW, 1x Shas'ui, Devilfish with DL, SMS, TA, MT - 250 points
12x Kroot - 84 points

Fast Attack:

Total: 721 points

So... yeah. After reconsidering, I realized that against any half-decent army my ethereal's screwed, so I dropped him. Like I said before, while I understand the logic, I am (at least not now) dropping my commander to an 'el. As for my commander having a fusion blaster... ugh, I'd rather not, as while short-time it'll be nice... come time to buy new models I'll start having some trouble. I don't actually have a commander yet, only an XV8 in its place (that's why it's fireknife). As soon as I grab an actual commander box, my list will change and the commander will have a CIB and a fusion blaster. I do really like the positional relay, as getting those drones in when I need them is always nice (I like deep striking stuff, I've got a bit of a fetish about it :P). Also, I'm going to be going mech... so broadsides are a no-no, but I'm planning on getting a hammerhead as soon as possible

Heck, even while I still have an O in my list... I've still got 30 points to spare.

Final quick note: I know that my list lacks anti-tank, but like I said, there's no tanks in my area to be afraid of (if I was going to play in a tournie or something my list would definetely include more anti-tank). :

Do It! ;D
Old 13 May 2006, 19:55   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Devin

AT 750 a decked out HQ is entirely too expensive/risk.
What generally kills Crisis Suits (much less an INDEPENDENT CHARACTER) are Instakill weapons, AKA, Stim Injector=t3h Useless.
And what exactly are you Deepstriking? The Drones?
I think they can handle themselves.
You are paying critical points just to deepstrike a singe unit a little more reliably.
Not worth it IMO.
Make it an 'EL, slap a TA on it, MUCH, MUCH cheaper.
Which free up quite a bit of points to fill out your Stealth or Crisis team.
The Shas'ui in the Devilfish isn't very important either, that's 10 points right there as well.
Old 13 May 2006, 20:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

I think you need to trim down the fat in that list. Also, I dont think the kroot fit in very well, since the rest of your army is very speedy.
Old 13 May 2006, 20:22   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to crazyguy832

Yes, but Kroot start ahead of the rest of the army, anyways. I catch up to the kroot, the kroot don't need to worry about keeping up.

And, fine, fine... I'll downgrade to a shas'el.

HQ:
Shas'el with PR, MP, TA, HW MT - 97 points

Elites:

Troops:
11x Shas'la FW, 1x Shas'ui, Devilfish with DL, SMS, TA, MT, FD - 260 points
12x Kroot - 84 points

Fast Attack:

Total: 691 points

Also, I'm not going to take my 'ui out of my FW squads. Without an ethereal, I really can't afford to have lower morale than possible. The problem I have now is that I've got a 691 point army and no more models to fill it up with. Meh, I guess that's no big deal, we can just play 700 points games. Oh, and I added a flechette launcher onto my devilfish. I just remembered about Eldar haywire grenades... *shudders*

;D

Do It! ;D
Closed Thread