Warhammer 40K Forum

1850 Point for GW Tounament
Closed Thread
Old 02 May 2006, 05:53   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default 1850 Point for GW Tounament

[hr]
[hr]

HQ 1: Sash'el, Cyclic Ion Blaster, Missle Pod, Targeting Array, HW Multi-Tracker
Total: 92
[size=7pt]This set up is great for knocking out that assult bike or sentinel 1st turn with the MP then blasting their troops with the CIB to help protect the Firewarriors
[/size]

[hr]

Elite 1: 6x Stealth Suits
Total: 180
[size=7pt]Great as anti-infanty, but I find they also work great as infiltrating to get a back shot on a tank using its 18 shots to wound on 5's [/size]

Elite 2: 3x Crisis Suit Squad, Team Leader, Plasma Rifle, Missle Pod, Multi-Tracker, Hw Target Lock; 2x Plasma Rifles, 2x Missle Pods, 2x Multi-Tracker
Total: 196
[size=7pt] Ok I know a lot of you hate the Fireknife setup, but I found these are a must when you will be facing all types of enemies and races (probably 1 of each army at least)[/size]

Elite 3:2x Crisis Suit, Team Leader, Plasma Rifle, Flamer, Multi-Tracker, HW Target Lock; Plasma Rifle, Flamer, Multi-Tracker
Total: 118
[size=7pt]This squad I was planning on using for deep strike for either terminator defense or just to finish off the enemy. It also gives a unique touch to steer from the fireknives. [/size]

[hr]

Troop 1:12x Fire Warrior Squad, Shas'ui
Total: 130
[size=7pt]Simple FW Squad [/size]

Troop 2:12x Fire Warrior Squad, Shas'ui
[size=7pt]Simple FW Squad [/size]

Troop 3:12x Fire Warrior Squad, Shas'ui
[size=7pt] Simple FW Squad[/size]

Troop 4:12x Fire Warrior Squad, Shas'ui
[size=7pt] Simple FW Squad[/size]

Troop 5: 8x Pathfinder Team, 4x with Rail Rifles, 4x with Markerlights, Shas'ui; Devilfish, Decoy Launchers, Seeker Missle
Total: 241
[size=7pt]This is somethign new to my army, but on paper it should be great [/size]

[hr]

Heavy Support 1:Hammerhead Tank, Rail Gun, Multi-Tracker, Target Lock, Burst Cannons, Decoy Launchers
Total: 170
[size=7pt]Simpel Rail Head [/size]

Heavy Support 2:Hammerhead Tank, Rail Gun, Multi-Tracker, Target Lock, Burst Cannons, Decoy Launchers
Total: 170
[size=7pt] A second simple Rail Head[/size]

Heavy Support 3:2x Broad Sides Battle Suits, Team Lead, Multi-Tracker, HW Target Lock; Multi-Tracker
Total: 160
[size=7pt]Excellent at taking out the big guys and HQ [/size]

[size=14pt]Army Total: 1847 [/size]

[hr]
[hr]

Along with rating my army, shoudl my Sash'ui on my PF team be a markerlight unit or a railrifle unit?

Old 02 May 2006, 15:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: 1850 Point for GW Tounament

Here are several things you can try, all these things have worked well with me.
Troop 5: 8x Pathfinder Team, 4x with Rail Rifles, 4x with Markerlights, Shas'ui; Devilfish, Decoy Launchers, Seeker Missle

You are only allowed up to three RRs in a Pathfinder unit, use the extra points to bond them. This unit will shine so hide them well.

Elite 3:2x Crisis Suit, Team Leader, Plasma Rifle, Flamer, Multi-Tracker, HW Target Lock; Plasma Rifle, Flamer, Multi-Tracker
This squad I was planning on using for deep strike for either terminator defense or just to finish off the enemy. It also gives a unique touch to steer from the fireknives.

ah NO< Don't do the Flamer thing, you are sending them to their deaths. Try this, save some points, and make one Twin Linked MP, and Flamer if you still want that flamer.
Two find some points and up grade one of them to a Shas'el with either PR, FB, TA, Hd-MT or FB, MP, TA, Hd-MT.

OR

I would recommend dropping one Suit, making one a monat. Give the Monat the PR, FB, TA and HdWd-MT and he is you back up Tank/Terminator killer and bond the SS.

I have played very few big point games but you might want to get one transport, to get table quarters or to contest them. The other thing you might try is an Ionhead.

If you need more points for one transport, make troops 3 and 4 (10 Tau units) or drop unit 4 all together, make two units of 6 Tau by breaking up Unit 3, and put these on your flanks, that way they get eaten first before your bigger units.

Overall a very good list, you should have no problems but these comments should address you weaknesses.

Just my two cents

WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Old 03 May 2006, 05:31   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: 1850 Point for GW Tounament

Changed to

Elite 3:2x Crisis Suit, Team Leader, Missle Pod, Fusion Blaster, Targeting Array, HW Multi-Tracker, HW Target Lock; Plasma Rifle, Fusion Blaster, Multi-Tracker
Total: 136

Removed one rail rifle model from PF Squad

Changed to

Troop 5: 7x Pathfinder Team, 3x with Rail Rifles, 4x with Markerlights, Shas'ui; Devilfish, Decoy Launchers, Seeker Missle
Total: 219

NEW TOTAL:1895
Closed Thread