Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Nid-Fighting list(1000pts)
Closed Thread
Old 16 Apr 2006, 01:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Shas O Kirua Kais Shi
Default Nid-Fighting list(1000pts)

Here's my new list for fighting my friends Nids. He uses lots of Gaunts and Stealers, so the role of the suits is to deepstrike behind his hoard on the second turn, and wipe them out with template and multiple shot weapons.

Here's the list

Tau 1000pts list

Shas?o 75pts

AFP, Flamer, Shield gen stim injector, HWMT, HWDC,1 S. Drone

Body guard team 70 pts

Burst cannon X2, TA* X2, CIB X1, flamer X1, hwmt* X2, Failsafe detonator X1

HQ total:299

Stealth team x4, shasvre, TA* X4, Elite total:170

Fw team: X6, shasui, markerlight,
D.Fish, ta +5

X2 +165pts

Total: 336 pts

Broadside Shasvre, targeting Array,
Hwdc, S. Drone

Total 105pts

Sniper drone team +80.

Grand total:1000pts

Note: the FW teams are so small so I could fit in the 4 stealths.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 03:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Nid-Fighting list(1000pts)

Okay first off, your list is illegal because of the fact you cant take 2 special issue equipments in the same army, i.e. you cant have 2 cib or failsafes. I think you are loading way too much into an hq for a small game like that. Take him down to an 'el, drop the bodygaurs and just make a crisis team with the same stuff and have him join, then he can also leave it and have those wonderful independant character rules. Secondly, stealth suits are your very very best friend against nids, the fall in swaths to them. SO load up on thos if you can. The points you save from the el and body guard should at least give you enough for 1 more. And by the way, you are not allowed legaly to list individual point values for equipment. One last hing, i wouldt give the afp to your shas'o because it doenst rely on BS and it is a waste on a BS4 (assuming you dont make him and 'el) you might also want to consider droping the sheild generator for some points too. It isnt wise to put a 3rd of your army into 3 guys, as soon as they get into cc thats it their gone and thats 299 victory points for you opponent. OKay hope you do good with your list. Good Luck

Old 16 Apr 2006, 14:43   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

More importantly.. as cool as a failsafe detonator is.. the likelyhood of ever using it is to slim that it is not worth using. You would have to survive an assault... against ninds... its not going to happen.

-Legacy40k
Old 17 Apr 2006, 22:45   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Shas O Kirua Kais Shi

Thanks everyone for the input! If this list doesn't do well, I will definately consider your replies when I rewrite it.

The reason I chose a Shas'O over an El was for it's combat abiltities. It would be more likely to survive an assault from nids, therefore putting the detonator into effect.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 04:21   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by C/-Rt3r
Okay first off, your list is illegal because of the fact you cant take 2 special issue equipments in the same army, i.e. you cant have 2 cib or failsafes.
he doesnt
Old 18 Apr 2006, 20:50   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Sorry, man this list is not really all that great. you have too many high priced units, and not enough units that count. After playing some Nids, you will see the light.

One or two lictors will tear you apart because of their ability to hide and charge the same turn they deep strike.

Shas’o 75pts
AFP, Flamer, Shield gen stim injector, HWMT, HWDC,1 S. Drone

How about the Airburst,BC, MT for the 'O. The Nids move fast, so if you are using the flamer, things did not go well.

Body guard team 70 pts
Burst cannon X2, TA X2, CIB X1, flamer X1, hwmt X2, Failsafe detonator X1

You can do these as elites, and up grade them if you want to buy them weargear. You are better off having multiple units moving around, so you they get charged you only lose one unit, not a unit of 3.

Stealth team x4, shasvre, TA X4, Elite total:170

Fw team: X6, shasui, markerlight,
D.Fish, ta +5
X2 +165pts

plus if you drop one fish and save up some points from above you can have three more FW units, maybe 3 units of 8 or if you are really carefull, 4 more units of 6.

Broadside Shasvre, targeting Array,
Hwdc, S. Drone

Sniper drone team +80.

Good LucK
WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Closed Thread