Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500 farsight bomb list
Old 16 Jul 2015, 04:16   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thumbs down 1500 farsight bomb list

Hey all. I know farsight lists are pretty popular. I've never played one before. Here is my first attempt!

HQ:
- commander farsight (obviously)
-7x bodyguard
1- command control node, multi spectrum, vectored thrusters -72
3x plasma rifle x2, target lock. 67x3
2x fusion blisters x 2. 67 x2
1x fusion blaster, plasma rifle.
8x gun drone

- Comander 197
- 2x marker drone, drone controller, iridium battle armor, target lock, cyclonic ion blaster, fusion blaster, puretide chip, Onager gauntlet. - 197

Comander joins bomb.

Elites:

Riptide 220
-ion accelerator, Stimulant injector.

Troops
10 kroot, hound -65
10 kroot, hound - 65

Dirt cheap, and infiltrates. Should play in enemy space.

Fast attack
4 pathfinders
4 pathfinders

Heavy support
2x broadside battle suits
- high yield middle pods, sms, early warning override.

There you have it. 1500 points of farsight bomby ness. What do you guys think?

Last edited by Proxy406; 16 Jul 2015 at 04:23.
Proxy406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2015, 05:33   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Well it looks ok I guess you have a lot of AV which is good, but against large groups is where this list will fall such as orcs or nids. Drop your pathfinders for markerlight drones(Stick with commander) or piranhas. Vectors are not that great unless you get it for all of your units. Switch your fusion/plasma for 2 missiles this will help with crowd control. Onager won't help you switch it out for something else and if you can give him shields and stim he will die less than a riptide. If you can go ewo on riptide that would help, but not necessary.

Overall a good list change a bit and I can see a ball of destruction

Just realize he's not a drop pod so you can possibly be wasting the bombs worth of points until turn 4 if your rolls are bad.
Old 16 Jul 2015, 13:56   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRaven View Post
Well it looks ok I guess you have a lot of AV which is good, but against large groups is where this list will fall such as orcs or nids. Drop your pathfinders for markerlight drones(Stick with commander) or piranhas. Vectors are not that great unless you get it for all of your units. Switch your fusion/plasma for 2 missiles this will help with crowd control. Onager won't help you switch it out for something else and if you can give him shields and stim he will die less than a riptide. If you can go ewo on riptide that would help, but not necessary.

Overall a good list change a bit and I can see a ball of destruction

Just realize he's not a drop pod so you can possibly be wasting the bombs worth of points until turn 4 if your rolls are bad.
Appreciate the response. While pathfinders are most assuredly not my favorite unit. I don't really see how I can get a squad of marker drones to the Comander, and have that unit be optimal. 1st problem. The Comander absolutely needs to be in the farsight bomb to help tank wounds. 2nd problem since all drones have to fire at same target. So. I'm either wasting a lot of Gun drone shots, my primary horde killing source. Or wasting almost all of the marker lights on targets likely destroyed by the drones.

I could separate the Comander, but then I loose a lot of survivability, for not a ton of previeved value.

The last thing I I will note, assuming (praying) the bomb comes in turn 2/3 latest. I should have such a threat on table. Opponent really can't afford to wipe out my pathfinders. Between extremely resilient riptide. (Thinking of making him a burst tide to again combat horde/get some rend in there) and my crisis suits that should also be fairly adept at harassing. I should have some breathing room. (Or get tabled. Whoops)

I do see the merit in changing up my suits to add some more variety however.

I was thinking a load out like this:
- 1 buff suit
-1 2x plasma target lock
-1 2x fusion target lock
-2 1x fusion 1x plasma target lock
-2 2x missile pods target lock
Between my Comander and farsight, that gives me 5 plasma all basically tl, one at bs 5, 5 fusion, again all tl, 1 at bs 5, the cyclonic ion at bs 5 giving me either 3 more st 7 (total of 11 st 7 shots) or another st 8 popper. Then the 8 tl bs 5 gun drones popping out 16 st 5 ap 5 tl shots a turn) that's pretty substantial output and fairly diverse. All being able to shoot at different targets.

Also I thought if one had vector thrusters the fleet and hit and run bonus' get conferred squad wide, is that not accurate?

Thanks again for feedback!
Old 16 Jul 2015, 15:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Well as far as the markerlights go you are already target locking all of your things so you don't have to worry about same target and you don't even need to replace any gun drones because you have 7 bodyguard you can have 2 drones per suit which means you can have a total of 14 drones where you have 8 at the moment.
I would keep your riptide with the IA since you can blast it which is much stronger than the burst cannon with ap2 can ID most hoards and if the player isn't aware of the fact or forgets that you have blast weapons you have the potential of getting more than 12 hits.
Oh and neuroweb is one I forgot to include last time, can work wonders for a measly 2pts. As far as the Vectors go, you can hit & run, but Fleet is only granted if ALL models have vectors which with the farsight bomb you shouldn't be in close combat anyway. This is on 164/165 of the small rulebook.
With the crisis setup it looks good. Just remember you have a very large target which the enemy will try and setup for so if all possible while putting them in place for reserve try and "spread them apart" so it gives the illusion of them being smaller, even if you only have them spread apart by an inch or so. Also if you see them creating a spread wall make sure to create an opening 1st turn because if they can't drop where they need to then the drop can be catastrophic.

Hope that helps!
Old 16 Jul 2015, 16:06   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRaven View Post
Well as far as the markerlights go you are already target locking all of your things so you don't have to worry about same target and you don't even need to replace any gun drones because you have 7 bodyguard you can have 2 drones per suit which means you can have a total of 14 drones where you have 8 at the moment.
I would keep your riptide with the IA since you can blast it which is much stronger than the burst cannon with ap2 can ID most hoards and if the player isn't aware of the fact or forgets that you have blast weapons you have the potential of getting more than 12 hits.
Oh and neuroweb is one I forgot to include last time, can work wonders for a measly 2pts. As far as the Vectors go, you can hit & run, but Fleet is only granted if ALL models have vectors which with the farsight bomb you shouldn't be in close combat anyway. This is on 164/165 of the small rulebook.
With the crisis setup it looks good. Just remember you have a very large target which the enemy will try and setup for so if all possible while putting them in place for reserve try and "spread them apart" so it gives the illusion of them being smaller, even if you only have them spread apart by an inch or so. Also if you see them creating a spread wall make sure to create an opening 1st turn because if they can't drop where they need to then the drop can be catastrophic.

Hope that helps!
Thanks Raven, But again the drones have to shoot at the same thing. Even with the target locks, those act on the suits, not the drones. As they are all using the Central drone controller then entire mass of drones has one target. This means my Drones or marker-lights are wasted on a turn by turn basis.

Not sure what the solution is here, but it's a valid point. Ideally I'd like to have both accurate and independent lights.
Old 16 Jul 2015, 22:45   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

The only thing I can recommend for you then is to use tetras they are a tid more pricey, but effective markerlight support and if you don't have the time or money to grab tetras then maybe think about a skyray if you happen to have any. Ohh just remembered sniper drone teams they are fun markerlight support mayhaps go for that?