Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1200 Local Tournament Tau List (unorthodox)
Old 29 Jun 2015, 20:55   #11 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Revamp, After play testing

Hello all, I had some games this weekend, in short, list was really effective, having 3 priority targets in 1000-1200 point game is really a lot to ask for an opponent to handle.

Especially if I have crafty deployment. 5-6 Crisis suits, 2 riptides, and a Hamerhead is a lot of choices, and probably the only game(s) I've played where my Hammerhead survives. The Ion Head especially gave me option vs smurfs.

The only change I'm thinking about implementing, Changing my Commanders Unit.

Comander - Pure tide Chip, 2x Plasma, Target lock, Drone Controller.
2x Body Guards - Body Guard 1 - Target lock, 2x plasma. Body Guard 2 - Command Control node (so i never waste BS 5 shooting) 2x plasma, target lock.

The target locks so Entire 2-3 unit (depending if I want unit TL-ing shots can fire at a different squad than drones (especially since my Command squad isn't benefiting from those ML shots) between the standard Ion-tides + Standard Ion head I had enough St 7 shots to pop mid armor that I felt the MP's were redundant. This gives me another unit that can threaten/wreck Emerging contents of Transpo's, while still threatening side/rear armor.

I Still have my Dual Fusion suits, which by design opponents spend lots of time trying to maneuver and take care of, and riptide big blasts which address' AV 13+

Where do you guys stand on Command Plasma vs MP's, this also gives me 4 units that have get's hot, which is my fear.

Cheers.
Proxy406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2015, 23:10   #12 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You command squad has a drone controller but no attached drones. When you commander joins a squad of drones or with drones its fine, but if you plan on joining him to them, it becomes wasted points unless there are drones. At least give the commander a pair of marker drones (they are 2 points less than regular drones if you buy them as a unit upgrade rather than their own unit).

Other than that the only downside to switch away from missile to plasma on a markerlight unit is that plasma forces you closer to the action. Missiles can sit at the back of the board with their lights and take pot shots from the safety of your deployment zone. Plasma has to get up into your opponents face to be effective.

Also our plasma doesn't get hot.
Carrelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2015, 01:27   #13 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrelio View Post
You command squad has a drone controller but no attached drones. When you commander joins a squad of drones or with drones its fine, but if you plan on joining him to them, it becomes wasted points unless there are drones. At least give the commander a pair of marker drones (they are 2 points less than regular drones if you buy them as a unit upgrade rather than their own unit).

Other than that the only downside to switch away from missile to plasma on a markerlight unit is that plasma forces you closer to the action. Missiles can sit at the back of the board with their lights and take pot shots from the safety of your deployment zone. Plasma has to get up into your opponents face to be effective.

Also our plasma doesn't get hot.
Apologies. Both the comander and each of the body guards each have 2 marker drones a piece. The unit serves as a dual purpose mark-o, MEQ/TEQ hunter. I am worried about the need to be closer, however what I found was I played against sever drop pod armies where the units were on me either way. Ideally I'd have that fusion squad be a tri plasma and my comander raining missle pod goodness, but then as discussed, I suffer from severe lack of AV.

decisions, decisions...

If you were building a 1200 lost what would you include/incorporate?
Proxy406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2015, 15:29   #14 (permalink)
Shas'La

if you are really worried about av then go a triple tech crisis team 1 with fusions, one with plasmas, and one with missiles that way you can keep your distance if you need to while maintaining payload, can maintain just as good at medium range, and have more than enough power to decimate AV while maintaining a good number of shots this gives you a min, range of 9" and a max of 36" and as carrelio said plasmas arn't gets hot S6 AP2 12R"24M", Rapid Fire. Do you have an up to date codex?