Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New box set
Closed Thread
Old 19 Sep 2005, 13:59   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default New box set

I was in my GW shop yesterday, and saw there's a brand new SM box that looks darn tempting. It has (IIRC,) 2 10-man Tactical squads, a Termie squad, a SM Commander, and a Razorback for $160 (American.) Not a bad deal, and with an HQ squad included, that a great SM starter kit!

What do you all think about it?
Old 19 Sep 2005, 15:32   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: New box set

Well doing some quick math, it looks like you'd pay 185 retail for all those items individually. So if you can't find a place to get those items separately at a better discount, I'd buy that deal over the Battleforce. This is an ideal purchase for starting a Space Marine army as it has all the primary requirements for playing. Of course GW has made better deals prior to the price hike including more for your money. But at the current rate it charges for this products, $25.00 off of retail isn't too bad. Of course army deals like these don't blow my skirt up unless a codex of special edition figure is included.

-SaturN
Old 19 Sep 2005, 15:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: New box set

I think it's neat, personally. It's a great starter kit (as that's got to be at least a 500 point army right there with all the complusory units,) and I think I can get one at 20% off. I think. I'll probably order it on Friday.
Closed Thread