Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

need to plan a 500 point patrol force using my triat fluff army but need help pl
Closed Thread
Old 16 Sep 2005, 19:57   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default need to plan a 500 point patrol force using my triat fluff army but need help pl

Welcome one and welcome all ...

Well im playing a game on sunday a 500pt patrol force as my and my mate jack have started new armies and are trying them out.

He will have 4 dark reapers, 16 guardians with a starcannon, a warlock, farseer and 2 shadow weavers ... yes another eldar army.

Now im doing a marine army, im doing a triat marine army, with be swift as the wind (not to sure on the second triat any sujestions???) my two draw backs will be aspire to glory and faithful until death.

The fluff behind the army is this chapter (dunno a name yet carnt find a decent one) was attacked by hive fleet kraken, in a desperate fight to the death they were over run and most were killed, only the fastest units survived (bikes attack bikes, landspeeders, scout bikes) so they are my units to choose from, the only exception to this is my veteran squad 0-1 choice, they are concidered having made a valiant last stand againt the nids and were found and rescued scattered around hence the 0-1 as they are hard to find any survivors, which if i choose them they must have the infiltrate skill.

Well enuff with the fluff (get it lol.) im not to sure as what to take due to the cost in troops and ill have so few numbers so has anyone got any good ideas any help is most grateful.

thanks in advance
Old 16 Sep 2005, 21:24   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: need to plan a 500 point patrol force using my triat fluff army but need help pl

He seems to be going with an anti* marine list so maybe loading up on standard marines is the way to go.
Also get a buncg of heavy bolters. The ap and high rate of fire will chew him to bits. Put these in your standar squad and in devastator squads.
Old 16 Sep 2005, 21:30   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: need to plan a 500 point patrol force using my triat fluff army but need help pl

Bring a Land Raider. That'll teach him to beard his Eldar. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 17 Sep 2005, 05:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

you'll definitely want to bring a librarian to deal with his psychers...er, what's a shadow weaver?

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 17 Sep 2005, 10:17   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: need to plan a 500 point patrol force using my triat fluff army but need hel

<Don't post stats here> hes using guide with his farseer for his dark reapers and conceal for his guardians, im going to ahve an infiltrating veteran squad with a flamer to get rid of that conceal heehee aint flamers so nice :P
Old 17 Sep 2005, 12:28   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to SMRCommander

Um...i dont think he's alowed to post that.

Thinking of something appropriate to put into ym sig as of now...
Old 17 Sep 2005, 13:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Use TTFtT (take the fight to them), and drop pod in his face... 10 marines dishing out 3 attacks apeice without charging will teach him to beard his Eldar, and you can stick to a single squad of them so you're not going too far from your fluff (only the fiercest fighters survived?)

And evil as Wargamer's suggestion was, with a list as anti-mariney as that a Landraider would teach him - by your description of his list, he has absolutely nothing that can scratch it.
Old 17 Sep 2005, 15:19   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to SMRCommander

Wo, this is only a 500 point game...how is he gonna fit in all this flashy stuff?

Thinking of something appropriate to put into ym sig as of now...
Old 17 Sep 2005, 16:33   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

sorri if i broke a forum rule didnt mean too.

the idea of my army is i only ahve bikes attack bikes and landspeeders, i just got anther bike and librarian to put him on and a 10 man tactical squad to turn into veterans, aswell as my 5 man bike squad with a plasma gun meltagun vet with powersword and attack bike with heavy bolter.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 14:08   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

the problem with bikes is that they cost to many points and he will take out 1-3 of them a turn with a star cannon. But if you turbo boost you can get that invulnerable save. although getting that close to him with all those shots is probably a bad idea. You also won't get the save when he charges. Hmmm, on second though don't do bikers.
Closed Thread