Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Romanization
Closed Thread
Old 15 Sep 2005, 08:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Romanization

Is it just me or are the SMs becoming more roman?

http://www.coolminiornot.com/index/c/SF/id/82

http://www.coolminiornot.com/index/c/SF/id/98254

Sure they had roman hints in the past, but now its becomeing a more and more dominant theme. By all means, I gald they're finnaly getting away from relgious referances, but is this the way to go?

Old 15 Sep 2005, 11:53   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Romanization

meh, that champion has been around for ages, and was inspired by the movie gladiator, and the roman theme for ultras has been around for ages...its just been refreshed for some lovely new themed sculpts, to help make ultras GW's poster boys again

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 17 Sep 2005, 01:45   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

The roman theme has been there for a long time, especially with the boys in blue. Its just become more dominant with them lately with the adition of new minis. But the Space Marines are as a whole not that roman themed. The entire Imperium is semi romanish so that leaves its mark on everything. But its also somewhat medieval, shown heavily with the dark angels and daemonhunters, and then the Space Wolves are nordic.

As for the right direction I think so. The roman theme is a whole lot more colorful than the medieval one.

Old 17 Sep 2005, 04:41   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to SMRCommander

I think roman history is pretty cool, and I like the way the minis look, so ya. But I read in a White Dwarf that the new minis were supposed to be more gothic, and are definitly so. In fact, the Imperium is more Gothic then Roman. (look at the builing arcitecture, and alot of the new minis sport some gothic looks).

Thinking of something appropriate to put into ym sig as of now...
Old 19 Sep 2005, 15:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

There's definitely a Romanic theme to the Marines, and not because of all the half-assed Latin, either.

The new molds have definitely made it more obvious, but it's been there. If you want a more Midevil look, There are always the Grey Knights.
Old 21 Sep 2005, 23:47   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to SMRCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feeple
There's definitely a Romanic theme to the Marines, and not because of all the half-assed Latin, either.

The new molds have definitely made it more obvious, but it's been there. If you want a more Midevil look, There are always the Grey Knights.
I actually plan on buying a grey knights boxed set becuase of their awesome look.

Thinking of something appropriate to put into ym sig as of now...
Old 22 Sep 2005, 03:40   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Im considering using Grey Knights termies instead of regular ones, the boxed set is only $5 more expencive.

Old 23 Sep 2005, 16:29   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
Im considering using Grey Knights termies instead of regular ones, the boxed set is only $5 more expencive.
Yeah, I have a friend who did that fro his Dark Angels army. Those guys look more like tricked out Maxmillian armor units.
Closed Thread