Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Wave Templars
Closed Thread
Old 04 Sep 2005, 14:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to SMRCommander
Default The Wave Templars

Recently I went to the shore for a day, and while I was their, I decided to write up some army lists (at the time, we were getting ready to head up to the boardwall), and an idea hit me; what if there were a chapter that lived on a nearly all water planet with just a few large to small islands?* Ever since, I have been thinking on this chapter, and have come up with the name Wave Templars.* I now have an army list for it I hope to collect.* * But thelist is unique in that it's not meant to be the most tactical list, or the best, but to be fluffy.* Here's what I've come up with...enjoy!!!

"A divergent chapter from the Ultramarines Legion, the Wave Templars have a homeworld based on the planet Manta, a world wrapped in water.* There, on the few big and small islands are the Wave Templars bases and training facilities.* They thus have special equipment and training related to the old style of water-naval warfare, and are just as good out in space on a ship.* Due to this, they prefer to fight on small islands or in ship-to-ship combat out at sea, or on any space hulk or cruiser.* Due to fighting on islands, they prefer to use shorter ranged weapons to take out the enemies strongest, and then charging in with fierce terminators and veterans.* They prefer to fight in cramped spaces were there firepower and close combat weapons can be most effective.* During a charge, they never back down, and will keep the boarding or charge up, no matter what.* They also make us of whirlwinds and vindicators when on ships to bombard the enemy.* When vehciles are not usable, they fill in with hard-hitting Devastators and more veterans.* *Due to their water nature, they have also renamed a few units to their likeing."

Traits

No Mercy, No respite
"During a close combat fights, the Wave Templars charge with fury and skill.* They are even more hard hitting than usual during such charges and boarding actions."

Never Despair
"The stubborness and will to continue their charges no matter the odds is spectacular, only able by a true Space Marines.* They often fight on and on, to the last man is nessacary."

Eye to Eye
"Due to being a planet mostly of water, their isn't much room on Manta to train with bikes and such.* Although Land Speeders may go on water, they prefer ships for this and have no need of them on the islands they live on."

Due to a bug, the list got deleted.....ill post it later...so, how is it?

Thinking of something appropriate to put into ym sig as of now...
Old 04 Sep 2005, 19:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: The Wave Templars

I like it but it seems their is an abundance of Veterans. I don't like that part, as most Chapters don't have lots of Veterans. Possibly write some fluff as to why there are so many Veterans?

"During an assault of an aquatic planet in which Loxatl mercenaries had been operating out of and pillaging (I don't know why they'd pillage on their own. I'm writing this as I go along.. give me a break ) the 3 and 4th (or more) Battle Companies were completely destroyed due to X or by Y or dissappeared when Z. Due to X Y or Z there are more Veterans.

Budda-bing budda-bang.

Good Luck.
Old 08 Sep 2005, 12:17   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

One question: how small are these islands they are fighting on :P

Most islands I've been on could handle some range weaponry.

Otherwise it sounds good.

Wanax
Old 11 Sep 2005, 13:08   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

erm, I don't understand eihter comment...but I'll try and explain.

Um, there arent alot of veterans in this chapter...but please tell me why you think there are.

Also, the reason for close range firefights is because they like to board other ships, right? So they like to use powerful short-range weaponry to render the enemy ship useless. They use a few long ranged weapons though to ensure they are limited.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Keep em comin.

Old 12 Sep 2005, 14:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I understand now. The whole island tie in threw me off. Sounds great! Aquamarine blue as a main color. Maybe with white and some ultramarine (the color not the SM) blue?

Wanax
Old 12 Sep 2005, 23:52   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to phish

Sounds like a cool idea too bad that like all the battles are on land not space ships, or sea ships. But it still is a reall cool idea!
Old 17 Sep 2005, 03:03   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I planned to make a special board, and mdoel a few ships for me and friends to use. But yea, thats why I threw in Islands, so they had some land exp.

Thanks for the input. I'm still working alittle on them though.

Old 17 Sep 2005, 03:13   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

The thing that bugs me is that you chose Eye to Eye rather than FOS - on islands I would have thought that small, mobile vehicles would adapt to terrain better, and landspeeders would be a natural choice for cross-ocean transport, while clunky tanks would just slow you down...

That said, the fluff looks quite cool and I like the name and the rest of the fluff; good job!
Old 17 Sep 2005, 03:38   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Thanks

And yea, you do have a point...but I hate landspeeders and bikes (please bloodied fangs, don't say anything back ), and they often station artillary vehicles on ships and in the jungles (on the islands). It's not all tanks speeding forward; they mostly use artillary.

Old 19 Sep 2005, 16:47   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

I'd also think that jump troops would be a logical place for the Marines to go to, as boarding ships+ lots of CC= assault troops to me.
Closed Thread