Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Marine army 1000 points
Closed Thread
Old 28 Aug 2005, 10:00   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Marine army 1000 points

hi
i collect a random army, they dont have a name yet though ???, any names would be appreciated, colour scheme : tin bitz with chainmail drybrushed over, giving a bronzy gold look.
basically, i have a ton of stuff, but i cant work out a really good army

this is the one im using at the moment, any comments feel free to add, :

HQ

Epistolary, with terminator armour, familiar, fury of the ancients, (psychic power), storm of the emperors wrath, (psychic power as well), a power fist and a force weapon

Elites

Terminator Squad, 7 terminators, Assault cannon (not sure whether to make it into a terminator command squad though)

Dreadnought, Assault cannon, Dreadnought close combat weapon
Troops

Troops

Scout Squad, 7 Scouts, 6 sniper rifles, 1 missile launcher

Scout Squad, 6 Scouts, 6 Sniper rifles

Tactical Squad, 5 Marines, Missile Launcher

998 points
Old 28 Aug 2005, 11:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Marine army 1000 points

Um...well...I think you need something to assault the enemy with or take objectives. Nothing in your army moves more than 6" per turn, so it's very slow.

The scout snipers are a good thing for shooting monstrous creatures and terminators with (I once lost 4 terminators in 2 turns to a squad of snipers, but this was a rare case), but 12, plus a missile launcher is too many. I'd only take one squad. Either get rid of the other one or trade the sniper rifles for boltpistols and close combat weapons, and have them infiltrate.

The tactical squads with missile launchers are a good choice. Personnally, I prefer lascannons to missiles for tank-busting, but many people disagree and say that the missile is more versatile (I say if you want versatility, take a plasma cannon!), so leave that like it is.

I wouldn't put a powerfist on a model with a force weapon, that's a waste of points. Give the librarian a boltpistol. If you aren't putting him in a command squad, put him in artificer armor and/or give him an iron halo.

The terminators should have two ass cannons.

The dreadnaught will die quickly if he's your only vehicle. If you are determined to keep him, make him venerable for more survivability.

And, for the love of the Emperor, get something with some mobility. I'd recomend either landspeeders or assault marines. How many points are you playing?

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 28 Aug 2005, 11:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin

the name of my chapter is Sons Of Draconis...

Salamanders Successor chapter.

if you want a name think of what your army is based on then thuink of a suitable name

i like the list, overkill on sniper rifles though... i suggest a couple squads of normal speeders. a single speeder goes down easy.. but nine can confuse the enemy... same applies to sentinels of the imperial guard
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Old 28 Aug 2005, 16:13   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

very true! I used to run 2-3 sentinels. They were nothing but targets. Now I run 9, and very few armies are equipped to deal with that many light vehicles. Most are kitted for AV13+ and infantry, but nothing in between!

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 28 Aug 2005, 18:34   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

all right ;D
kewl
so how about this then :

HQ

Epistolary, with terminator armour, familiar, fury of the ancients, (psychic power), storm of the emperors wrath, (psychic power as well), and a force weapon

Terminator Command Squad, 4 terminators, 2 Assault cannons

Troops

Scout Squad, 7 Scouts, 6 sniper rifles, 1 missile launcher

Fast Attack

Land Speeder Squadron, 2 Land Speeders, Assault Cannon, Multi Melta

Land Speeder Squadron, 2 Land Speeders, Assault Cannon, Multi Melta

Land Speeder Squadron, 2 Land Speeders, Assault Cannon, Heavy Bolter

995 points

i thought that maybe another land speeder squad would be more useful than one tactical squad, and maybe even more useful than a few terminators, - was i wrong?
Old 28 Aug 2005, 23:40   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin

take the assault cannons off of the speeders... have two squadrons of heavy bolters... 1 squadron of multi-meltas... just dedicate them to thier jobs
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Old 29 Aug 2005, 04:21   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

ok, as it is your librarian has no second weapon...there's not really a huge reason to change that, i guess...but if you want that extra attack, he'll need an additional power weapon...or you could give him a stormbolter, so you can still shoot when you wanna use the force weapon

and honestly, i'd say you have an overkill of speeders...you really need more than about 17 or 18 marines, even if 6 of those are in termie armour...

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Closed Thread