Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2750pt Blood Angels List
Closed Thread
Old 27 Aug 2005, 01:45   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default 2750pt Blood Angels List

I developed this list because of my brother.* He plays his own Space Marines chapter but seems to love using Dreadnaughts and assaulting with Marines.* Why he didn't do Blood Angels in the first place is beyond me.* I made this list just for heck's sake and it actually looks really fun (in retrospect it also looks kind of beardy) so I decided I should buy the pieces up and make it!* Any kind of suggestions or helpful hints/tips etc. are appreciated since I haven't bought anything for it yet, modifications aren't hard to deal with.* Let me know what you think.

483 HQ - Master w/ Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack, Power Weapon, Terminator Honours, MeltaBombs, Combat Shield
* * * Honor Guard - 9 Veteran SMs with Jump Packs, Bolt Pistols, and Power Weapons

109 HQ - Chaplain Lemartes (to lead my Death Company!)

144 Elite Moriar the Chosen(this guy is just sick)
103 Elite Furioso Dreadnaught w/ Extra Armour and Smoke Launcher
103 Elite Furioso Dreadnaught w/ Extra Armour and Smoke Launcher
210 Troop 10 SM Tactical Squad 1 Sgt. w/ Plasma Pistol, Power Fist, and Term. Honours.* 9 SMs.* 1 Missile Launcher 1 Plasma Gun.(charge!)
210 Troop 10 SM Tactical Squad 1 Sgt. w/ Plasma Pistol, Power Fist, and Term. Honours.* 9 SMs.* 1 Missile Launcher 1 Plasma Gun.
210 Troop 10 SM Tactical Squad 1 Sgt. w/ Plasma Pistol, Power Fist, and Term. Honours.* 9 SMs.* 1 Missile Launcher 1 Plasma Gun.
210 Troop 10 SM Tactical Squad 1 Sgt. w/ Plasma Pistol, Power Fist, and Term. Honours. 9 SMs. 1 Missile Launcher 1 Plasma Gun.
240 FstAtk 3 Land Speeder Typhoons with Assault Cannon + Heavy Bolter (long range fire support!)
155 FstAtk 5 SM Assault Squad 1 Sgt. w/ Storm Shield and Power Weapon.* 4 Assault Marines 2xPlasma Pistol(charge faster!)
155 FstAtk 5 SM Assault Squad 1 Sgt. w/ Storm Shield and Power Weapon.* 4 Assault Marines 2xPlasma Pistol
160 HvySpt 'Baal' Class Predator w/ Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Pintle-Mounted Stormbolter, Power of the Machine Spirit(more long range fire support)
129 HvySpt Regular Dreadnaught w/ Twin-Linked Lascannon, Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers(nice all-around unit)
129 HvySpt Regular Dreadnaught w/ Twin-Linked Lascannon, Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers

As I said, it is rather beardy with 5 Dreadnaughts and a Predator.* Only obvious problem with it is the lack of long range anti-tank weapons.* The Lascannons are basically it. Hopefully the rending assault cannons can deal with some of the tanks.* Then the Furioso dreads will be close enough to any tanks left to 'tear it apart'.
Tyranids - 3000 points - Finished
Sisters of Battle - 1000pts
Blood Angels - 2000pts - Finished
DemonHunters - 750pts
Old 02 Sep 2005, 19:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: 2750pt Blood Angels List

Looks good but the only problem I see is that there are way to many dreadnoughts. I played a list similar to your and wasted it. And I only have 6 anti tank weapons, only 2 of which were las cannons. I just slaughtered this list and the dreads had caused no casualties. Its a very tricky list to play and requires some skill. Also your lack of anti tank will end up hurting you. The assault cannons may Be able to get up to 18 armor penetration but I have rarely seen them kill tanks. remember when you get the rending ability against any Vehicle its a 6 on the roll for penetration not the to hit. I have seen a whole bunch of people doing this wrong. If you play tau you will also be hurting. Depending upon how many railguns they have they can take you out the second or third turn. Not to many marines for 2,750 points. My list has almost 60 Marines.The extra armor is good on the furiosos and the smokes are too. Get rid of the smokes on the dreadnoughts as with a lascannon, there should be no way you ever need to use the smokes. With the assault marines get rid of the plasma pistols and give the sargeant a power fist for extra umph in the squad. also give them melta bombs so you have more anti tank.
Old 02 Sep 2005, 21:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Thanks Emo. Well, while you were playing my list to reply to it I was working on changing the list at work. I realized there was a lot of 'extra' units in the army that didn't fit with my reason for making it. So today I modified it to be only 1500pts (I realized that any games over 2000pts were hard to come by in the area...and I have no idea on why I was making the army that large). Unfortunately, it turned out really sick because I was still able to keep the same number of dreadnaughts despite dropping 1250 pts. I did just modify it again now to reflect some of the stuff you said. Basically now it looks like this:

109 HQ Chaplain Lemartes
144 Elite Moriar
103 Elite Furioso Dreadnaught with Extra Armour and Smoke Launcher
103 Elite Furioso Dreadnaught with Extra Armour and Smoke Launcher
170 Troop 10 Tactical Marines. Sgt w/ Power Fist, bolt pistol, term. honours. ML, Plasma Gun
170 Troop 10 Tactical Marines. Sgt w/ Power Fist, bolt pistol, term. honours. ML, Plasma Gun
140 FstAtk 5 Assault Marines. Sgt w/ Power Fist, bolt pistol, term. honours. 4 bolt pistol/ccw
140 FstAtk 5 Assault Marines. Sgt w/ Power Fist, bolt pistol, term. honours. 4 bolt pistol/ccw
151 HvySpt Baal Predator w/ Heavy Bolter Sponsoons, Power of the Machine Spirit, Searchlight
135 HvySpt Dreadnaught w/ Twin-Linked LasCannon and Missile Launcher
135 HvySpt Dreadnaught w/ Twin-Linked LasCannon and Missile Launcher

I know you said the list had too many dreadnaughts in it and not enough troops. This revised list I expect to do -slightly- better because I have the same number of dreadnaughts while an opponent would have less points to fiddle with for heavy weapons.
I wouldn't mind dropping a dreadnaught or two, but what do you recommend I put in for them? I would have to drop two to get another Marine Squad in there, but then where do you recommend I put the other points?
DemonHunters - 750pts
Old 04 Sep 2005, 02:26   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Possibly some more tactical marines or assault marines. Or perhaps some terminators. oh and the list I played was at 1500 points. And trust me people fear furiosos. I was watching a game where one guy unloaded half his army into one and killed it so having three to sponge up fire might be a Good idea. Thus leaving the only other dreadnoughts to drop out would be the regular ones. The only problem then is you lose a massive amount of anti tank. Right now i would say the list is good. Maybe try and get in a proxy game with someone and try it out.

Also what is the. Moriar, is he a dreadnought? don't post any stats cus I can look him up when I go to the store tomorow.
Old 05 Sep 2005, 02:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Aye, Moriar is basically a really really mean furioso dreadnaught. He doesn't seem really good at first glance but his special rules make him truly mean.
DemonHunters - 750pts
Old 06 Sep 2005, 07:02   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Ah well, Id never ever play against that army! to few troop choices for my taste!

youve maxed out on all the others, and then just beaten in those 2 little troop choices!!
Id say just skip 2or 3 of the elite/fast/heavy choices and go with more troops!
Old 06 Sep 2005, 07:38   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Have no fear. I disliked the way the list looked myself. So, I started from scratch following Emo's advice. Still have Moriar, and the 2 heavy support dreadnaughts and the Predator but I dropped the extra Furiosos and added a squad of Terminators. Also, I boosted the list up to 2000pts and added another marine squad. I -might- drop the Terminators (360pts) for just more tactical squads. I don't know, I'll post up the list if you guys want.
DemonHunters - 750pts
Old 06 Sep 2005, 07:43   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yes, post the list please.
Old 06 Sep 2005, 19:07   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Ok, you asked for it. Remember, the list is steady at 2000 points. If I went up, I'd add some wargear, a squad of assault terminators and a Land Raider for transport (bringing it up to 2500 points). But, the new assault termies aren't out (yet!) so that is a decision for the future.

231 HQ Death Company Reclusiarch w/ Bolt Pistol, Crozius Arcanum, Jump Pack, Rosarius, Terminator Honours + Death Company
144 Elite Moriar the Chosen (Furioso Dreadnaught Special Character)
360 Elite 8 Terminators. 2 w/ Assault Cannons. Rest are normal.
200 Troop 10 Space Marines Sergeant w/ Bolt Pistol, Term Honours, and Power Fist. Missile Launcher and Meltagun (or Plasma)
200 Troop 10 Space Marines Sergeant w/ Bolt Pistol, Term Honours, and Power Fist. Missile Launcher and Meltagun (or Plasma)
280 FstAtk 10 Assault Marines w/ melta bombs. Sergeant w/ Power Fist and Storm Shield. 9 normal ones.
125 HvySpt Baal Class Predator w/ Heavy Bolters and Extra Armour
130 HvySpt Dreadnaught w/ Twin-Linked Lascannon and Extra Armour
130 HvySpt Dreadnaught w/ Twin-Linked Lascannon and Extra Armour

So what do you think?
DemonHunters - 750pts
Old 06 Sep 2005, 19:14   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The tactical squads wepns doesent really fit. Missile launcher is long range don't move and shoot. Melta are short range assault weapons. But being Blood Angels you are going to want to advance a lot. I think you should leave the missile launchers at home and go with melta guns or flamers, depending on what type of armies you usually face. Maybe keep one or two missile launchers for support squads, but then with plasma guns.

Otherwise it looks good.