Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Night Hunters 500pts
Closed Thread
Old 25 Aug 2005, 15:36   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default The Night Hunters 500pts

I decided to include demonhunters as allies later on when i become more experince as a 40k player and switched to space marines( i really like the new models and the chance make my own chapter).

Hq- Captain Anubis - Storm bolter, power weapon, melta bombs
-85pts
Troops
10 Space marines- Sergeant with bolt pistol and ccw, bolters, plasma gun and missile launcher
-170pts
5 Scouts- bolt pistols and ccw's
-65pts
Fast Attack
5 assault marines-Sergeant with Terminator honors, Combat shield, power fist; Bolt pistols, and ccws, two plasma pistols
-180pts

total: 500pts

i think this is a pretty balance force. it has some firepower combined with an close combat force that can close in fast. the scouts are there for support holding an enemy in assault as long as possible if they can infiltrate. I still havent decided on traits for my chapter and i plan on saving for later.

For my force build up, i am filling in each slot. I believe once i finish painting all of my force and played a few games (hopefully). For my elites i hope to buy either terminators or a dreadnought. both are pretty exspenive (espeically with the plastic termies). for Heavy support im going to buy a devastor squad to add that long range firepower. i know for my chapter that its infantry based and lacks lots of vehicles.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 17:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: The Night Hunters 500pts

Remove the Plasma Pistols, the Captain's Meltabombs and 2 Marines from the 10 man Tactical Squad. That way you can add some extra Marines to the Assault Squad.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 17:54   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

the only reason the meltabombs are there is because i have no other spot to put it and it is a just in case item. i wont take more assault marines for i want my force a mix of cc and shooting, but mainly shooting. The assault squad is small but plays the role of monster hunters and tank hunters. when i do bigger points i will definatly add a few more assault marines to create more bulk, but for a small battle i think five will do. If the scouts can do their job in tieing up critical enemy units that could be threat to my tactical squad or my assault squad.

today i jsut bought 4 sniper rifle scouts and a scout with heavy bolter for some range and pinning abilites ( i . the squad itself is 90pts. I might be going with small numbers for them, but if i do things right, i can easily use that as a distration team and a firebase. Either the the enemy will overlook the scouts and ignore them, or try and get rid of them so they acnt do too much harm ( being pinned and taking hvy bolters shots can really hurt low sv armies)
Old 25 Aug 2005, 18:08   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Assault Marines need roughly 7 or more Marines to function well, otherwise they'll get reduced by enemy fire to the point where in an assault they'll get swamped and killed, or just killed by shooting.