Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Terminator-Tac Marine Compatibility?
Closed Thread
Old 25 Aug 2005, 14:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Terminator-Tac Marine Compatibility?

I want to carry the nordic theme of my Marines over to my Terminator squad, without spending almost as much again on resins or (frankly, quite ugly) Wolf Guard Terminators.

Is it possible to exchange heads and torsos, with cutting, filing, and grafting from the SW accesory sprue, or will I have to go Forge World? Any help on the compatability of the two would be appreciated.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 14:16   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Kangaroo Joe
Default Re: Terminator-Tac Marine Compatibility?

The Dwarf regiment for fantasy has lots of viking style horns.....and for Norse capes, these can be made easily using Green Stuff. Just don't do what my mate did and forget to make it look furry....what he did left one of his marines with a security blanket.

Quote:
No love, it's GREAT Britain....the clue's in the name

Thanx to Kais for the sig
Old 29 Aug 2005, 22:31   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to tolson88 Send a message via MSN to tolson88

hey now, even marines want a security blanket occasionally.... why can't people accept that?

The Chaos warriors sprue (for fantasy) might also be a good place to look, as they are the "Northern Barbarians" in the fantasy world. They also might fit the Termies better than the Stuntie helmets.
Old 29 Aug 2005, 23:35   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Thanks for the input, but I'm sorry to say I have no idea where you are coming from - all I need to know is if the Tactical Marine front torso can be modified to replace the front torso of a Terminator. I didn't even mention "stuntie helmets"...
Old 30 Aug 2005, 04:42   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

i'm not sure about the new termies, i suspect that they'll be somewhat incompatible with the stuff from the SW sprue, most likely cos they'll be too small. the heads might be fine with a little work tho

oh, and the suggestions these guys have given you are places where you can find some nicely wolfy accssories away from the standard space wolf range

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 30 Aug 2005, 13:40   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Ahh, thanks for the assistance - I suppose I'll get the Terminators first and open them up to see if it's possible to swap torsos - not having to dish out another $30+ for the FW conversion kit will be nice.
Closed Thread