Closed Thread
Old 23 Aug 2005, 14:35   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Iron Eagles 2000pts

Iron Eagles-2000pts exactly
Traits-No Mercy, No Respite, Die Standing

HQ-494pts
Chapter Master Marius-Lightning Claws, Jump Pack, Iron Halo, Bionics-155pts

This guy tags along with the Assault Squad but doesn't join it, so they still use Furious Charge.

Jerome, Master of Sanctity-Bolt Pistol, Crozius, Rosarius, Bionics, Furious Charge-109pts

Reclusiam Command Squad-8 Bolt Pistols, 8 CCWs, Company Champion (Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon, Combat Shield, Furious Charge), Veteran Sergeant (Storm Bolter, Power Weapon, Furious Charge)-230pts

This is a damn powerful assault unit, it's carved through an entire Necron army before (in my 1k list). It just marches forwards behind the Tactical Squads, taking more advantage of cover.

Elites-130pts
Techmarine-Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol (Master Crafted), Servo Harness-130pts

This guy goes with the Reclusiam Squad, but like the Commander and his Assault Marines he doesn't join them. Being able to spit out 2 re-rolled Plasma shots each turn is pretty useful.

Troops-874pts
Tactical Squad-8 Bolters, Meltagun, Sergeant (Power Fist, Bolt Pistol)-180pts

30 Marines, designed for tank/gribbly hunting. Their numbers should ensure that they survive their trek across the board.

Scout Squad-5 Bolters, Missile Launcher-88pts

Scout Squad-5 Bolters, Missile Launcher-88pts

These guys are for taking down vehicles, their infiltration meaning that they set up after the enemy tanks and so they can get good shots at side armour. The Bolters are for taking down light vehicles sucha s Land Speeders and Sentinels.

Scout Squad-5 Shotguns, 4 Bolt Pistols, 4 CCWs, Sergeant (Power Fist, Bolt Pistol)-158pts

This squad backs up the Assault Marines and also could be used for drawing enemy fire away from the bulk of my troops.

Fast Attack-302pts
Assault Marines-7 Bolt Pistols, 7 CCWs, 2 Flamers, Furious Charge, Sergeant (Power Fist, Bolt Pistol, Combat Shield, Furious Charge)-302pts

The Assault Squad is a retinue for my Chapter Master (except he doesn't join them).

Heavy Support-200pts
Devastators-4 Bolters, 4 Missile Launchers-200pts

This squad has 4 bodies that the enemy have to shoot through to get at the heavies and Missile Launchers are more versatile than lascannons.

Powergamer test score: -1
Models: 83
Characters: 9

My 1kpts list contains 2 of the Tactical Squads, a maxed out Devastator squad with a Lascannon, Plasma Cannon and 2 Missile Launchers and a Command Squad with either a Chapter Master with a Storm Bolter, Power Weapon and Iron Halo or the Master of Sanctity from the list above. So far I have everything for the 2kpts list but the Scouts and a Tactical Squad.

EDIT: Actually, after going and checking the Furious Charge rules, the techmarine and Chapter Master are going to join the other squads.
Old 23 Aug 2005, 15:14   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll
Default Re: Iron Eagles 2000pts

That's a cool list. i can honestly say that it'd wipe the floor with my 'Nid list and my Marines may as well not bother turning up (although I have only just started Marines). Although, 3 meltaguns!?, I'd recommend a flamer in 1 of the squads for when you get close. I'd also recommend 1 or 2 Heavy bolters in the Devastator squad for when you run out of tanks to shoot at. (They're also pretty good at busting light tanks and skimmers). Apart from that, this is a very good army.
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Old 23 Aug 2005, 16:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I do have 2 Flamers in the Assault Squad (and they're going to get closer faster) but I see your point. If only Scouts could take Flamers as a heavy weapon choice...

On Missile Launchers, I could replace the Scout's Launchers with Heavy Bolters, but I wouldn't replace the Devastator Launchers. For example, if I have 2 Heavy Bolters and 2 Missile Launchers, if I go after a Predator, half of the Devastator's heavy weapons will be useless (against front armour).
Old 25 Aug 2005, 13:14   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Yeah, I see your point, I would definitely recommend giving the scouts a heavy bolter though, and also sniper rifles, these can pin infantry and they can take out vehicles with an armour value of up to 12! (Trust me, I've seen it done.)
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Quote:
Old 25 Aug 2005, 13:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The thing is, Snipers cost an extra 5pts each, so for 1 squad to replace their Bolters with Snipers would cost 25pts extra (20 if I gave one squad a Heavy Bolter instead). Besides, I don't want to replace their Missile Launchers, seeing as I only have 6 heavy weapons and the ones in the Scout squads can be used to better effect because of their infiltration.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 13:39   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Again I see your point. I just like the thought of snipers and a heavy bolter gunning into the enemy, might be becaus I don't normally infiltrate my scouts, in fact I very rarely use scouts, I just like the idea of them.
Quote:

Quote:
Old 25 Aug 2005, 13:50   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Nice list. Now make a 750 point list. It is much harder to make a powerful small army than a big one

Wanax
Old 25 Aug 2005, 17:03   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

My 1000pts list is the following:

Iron Eagles-985pts
Traits-None

HQ-340pts
Chapter Master-Power Weapon, Storm Bolter, Iron Halo, Furious Charge-123pts

Command Squad-7 Bolt Pistols, 7 CCWs, Furious Charge, Company Champion (Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Combat Shield, Furious Charge), Veteran Sergeant (Storm Bolter, Power Weapon, Combat Shield, Furious Charge)-217pts

Troops-380pts
Tactical Squad-8 Bolters, Meltagun, Veteran Sergeant (Bolt Pistol, Power Fist)-190pts

Tactical Squad-8 Bolters, Meltagun, Veteran Sergeant (Bolt Pistol, Power Fist)-190pts

Heavy Support
Devastators-6 Bolters, 2 Missile Launchers, Plasma Cannon, Lascannon-265pts

I'd just take out the Command Squad (which would also remove the Master's Furious Charge, meaning 220pts less instead of 217pts) and a Marine from the Devastator squad.
Old 28 Aug 2005, 20:25   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Sorry for the double post, but I can't see a post deletion button, so...

I've decided that I'll probably change the army composition a bit on the Elites and HQs. The Chaplain will go completely, the Command Squad will change to a Veteran Squad with a Power Weapon, Power Fist and Veteran Sergeant from the original Command Squad, I'm going to get a Chimera and put my Inquisitor and Henchmen in it for an Inquisitor Lord and then I'm going to add an Assassin for Elites. I might get rid of the Techmarine. I might also make a 'Skitarii Armoured Fist Squad' (Dominions).
Old 30 Aug 2005, 10:33   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Some things to think about..

Do you think that your Techmarine is worth his points? Think what you could do with the points you get if your drop him.

What about Podding 2 Tactical Squads?

Same as the Techmarine goes for the 'support' scout squad. I see where your coming from, but you could get more for your points. They are god at supporting, but I hate relying on Scouts for something, they give me a bad feeling. For a tiny bit more points you could get 2 small Las/Plas squads instead of the Missile squads. Ok theres no Infiltrate but a Lascannon and a Plasma Gun in a small squad are just great at supporting anything and everything, so I'd definetey consider that.

Good Luck.