Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[Sallies][750 pts][for fun][vs all]
Old 19 Aug 2005, 23:18   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default [Sallies][750 pts][for fun][vs all]

All right,

Here's a new list I've been working on. I'm quite happy with it, except for the Dread. I would have like a MM and heavy flamer but the points I had available for him was the basic one with few upgrades... although, it's quite close-ranged firefight, just like Sallies love it! Also, I realise that I have most of the units in my bitz box, waiting to get converted and painted! 8) It's not a fast army (fits well with Sallies! ) but in small games, the table is abitually not to big. Here's the list:

Chaplain Thu'Ook, Reclusiarch 125 pts
Storm bolter, thunder hammer,
rosarius, bionics

Dreadnought Old One Wed’Ge 113 pts
Assault cannon, Dreadnought CCW with built-in
storm bolter, extra armour, smoke launchers

Tactical Squad Ma’Koth 160 pts
Sergeant Ma'Koth
Bolter, power fist, Terminator honours
6 Salamanders
4 Bolters, 2 meltaguns

Tactical Squad Th'Makk 151 pts
Sergeant Th'Makk
Bolter, power fist, Terminator honours
6 Salamanders
4 Bolters, 2 flamers

Devastator Squad Do’Shan 145 pts
(joined by Chaplain Thu'Ook)
Sergeant Do’Shan
Bolter
6 Salamanders
4 Bolters, 2 multi-meltas
Rhino Vulkan’s Anvil 58 pts
Storm bolter, extra armour, smoke launchers

TOTAL 752 pts

Like most of the Chaplains, Thu'Ook will be found in the thick of the battle... but unlike most Chaplains, Thu'Ook is not charging the ennemy position. He'll sure do it if the situation requires it but he prefers taking and holding key positions on the battle field. Before being place at the head of the 2nd company, Thu'Ook was in the 6th company, the company with 8 Devastator Squads. He learned how to use heavy weapons and developped tactics to use those at close range. whatever the weapons are, Thu'Ook always like to have the bolters of the squad to cover the heavy weapon brethens. After all, what's the use of many Salamanders with bolters if they can't use those blessed weapons in a war? And it's a nice way to save precious heavy weapon "ammunitions"... the multi-melta kill the tank or the bunker, the bolters eliminates the survivors. (I know, in games it's different... but being able to add up to 12 bolter shots on weaker targets (the Sarge plus 5 bolter Salamanders) to the heavy weapons shots, it can be quite devastating!!

How does that sounds?

Chaplain Thu'Ook
Promethean Cultist

ChaplainThuOok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2005, 23:34   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: [Sallies][750 pts][for fun][vs all]

That sounds fantastic!

wait how does the devastator squad get 12 bolter shots? It's has a sarge and 4 marines... 5+5=10 not 12?

Excluding that, it looks great. Does the Devastator squad have the rhino? Why not give it to the tactical squad led by Th'Makk, doubles flamers of death!
Old 19 Aug 2005, 23:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterCresent
That sounds fantastic!

wait how does the devastator squad get 12 bolter shots? It's has a sarge and 4 marines... 5+5=10 not 12?

Excluding that, it looks great. Does the Devastator squad have the rhino? Why not give it to the tactical squad led by Th'Makk, doubles flamers of death!
Well, with a full squad, you have the Sarge with a bolter then 5 marines with bolters and 4 heavies. Total: 6 bolters so 6 shots upt to 24" or 12 up to 12"... but that's a full one... mine is smaller I know :P It was just to show the power of a Dev Squad.

I gave the rhino to the Dev Squad because I can't shoot the MMs on the move unlike flamers. So I need the MMs to be on position quite quickly to be able to use them ASAP in a game!

Thanks!

Chaplain Thu'Ook
Promethean Cultist
Old 20 Aug 2005, 01:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I forgot to add my tactics!

Oki, here they are:

Thu'Ook gets in the Rhino with the Dev Squad. Once the table is set up, I'll try to spot quickly the best firing position. With a Dev Squad with MMs, you cover quite a large area: 24" on each side of the Squad! So, on a 4' x 4' table(because it's an army for a small game), if you position the squad close to the center, you cover quite a large area with it!!! The Rhino will be use to get my Squad and Thu'Ook into position quickly. Once in position, the Rhino will be used to protect the weaker side of the Squad. It will be used also to block charging units. I know it might not see the end of many battle but it's a nice mobile cover to use, especially if you position it wisely!

As for the 2 other Squads and the Dread, they will advance, trying to use cover as much as possible. I'll try to have each Squad within range of the Dread's assault cannon and the Dread within range of bother Squads weapons. That way, if anything get to close of any of those units, they'll come under heavy fire.

That's the basic stuff... Since I want to try to master the close-ranged firefight, I'll have to also improvise alot and try risky things to see the Do and the Don't with a fluffy Sallies army. After all, it's just a game to have fun!

Cheers!

Chaplain Thu'Ook
Promethean Cultist
Old 20 Aug 2005, 11:57   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Sounds really, really good!

Now, all you need to do, is get painting!