Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My new marine lsit
Closed Thread
Old 19 Aug 2005, 19:31   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Spock411 Send a message via MSN to Mr.Spock411 Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Spock411
Default My new marine lsit

I don't have every thing for this list yet but i need some help finalizing it.

HQ:
Chaplain Master of Sanctity w/ Thunder hammer, bolt pistol, Jumpack.

Elites:
Terminators(5) w/two assault cannons and chain fist

Troops:
Tactical squad 8 w/ plasma, and Lascanon and chapter trait "trust your battle brothers" and sergant w/ teminator honours and powerfist

Tactical squad 8 w/ same equiment

Fast Attack:
Assault marines(10) w/ two plasma pistols, melta bombs and sergant w/ powerfist

Assault marines (10) w/ same equipment

Heavy support:
Predator annialator w/ lascannon side sponsoons

Total: 1498pts
Live with honor, die with honor
Arrogance destroys the arrogant
War is Hell
Knowlegde is power
Death to ignorance and stupidity
Kendo is my only salvation
Old 20 Aug 2005, 00:14   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw
Default Re: My new marine lsit

One quick question before I say anything.* How are you planning on using these units?* It helps to know what your stratagy is going to be before I start making suggestions because some kit works better for some roles than for others.
Old 20 Aug 2005, 00:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Spock411 Send a message via MSN to Mr.Spock411 Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Spock411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritbw
One quick question before I say anything.* How are you planning on using these units?* It helps to know what your stratagy is going to be before I start making suggestions because some kit works better for some roles than for others.
Okay. My plan is my chaplain will join one squad of assault marines and along with the other assault marines and termninators will fight in close combat while the tact squads and predator provide static fire power. Simple but it works.
War is Hell
Knowlegde is power
Old 20 Aug 2005, 01:44   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Alright then.

ka,y only thought i have is that you might be a bit heavy on the high anti-armour weapons. Melta-bombs, LAscannon armed predator, tactical squads with lascannons...it's alot of point going into that. You might wnat to consdier some slightly less high powered weapons but that is totally up to you. Also in reading the list again I note you have removed the free power weapon you get with your Chaplain by giving him a thunder hammer and bolt pistol to to the rules on how many weapons a character can have.. In this I think your better to drop the hammer for the Crozius again. While the strength of the hammer is nice it's the initative that helps the Indipendant characters and his striking first can put a dent in the numbers of any squad he manages to hit.
Old 20 Aug 2005, 19:01   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Well the reason why I have the weapons like the powerfist and thunder hammer is beacause I fight "Death guard" alot and powerfist are my only way of fighting back against Toughness 5. I think I'll drop the melta bombs though but not the lascannons because in every game where I have used the regular predator annialator it has always done very little and the m. launchers for my tact squad aren't that good against tanks either. I may drop the heavy close combat weapons when I play armies like nids and orks but against armies like death guard I need them.
War is Hell
Knowlegde is power
Closed Thread