Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Making Your Own Chapter Q&A
Closed Thread
Old 16 Aug 2005, 00:21   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Making Your Own Chapter Q&A

i have a question. If i want to create my own Smurf chapter, can i use some of the special rules, vehicles, etc. of a preexisting chapter. I know im making a significant change chapter and therefore get two Advantages and 1 major or minor dis. I was just wondering because i wanted to know if i could use something like Blood Angels Furioso or the Baal.

"We are the might of Tau'va and the Aun. Our might knows no bounds and our Technology can overcome any foe. We are the Omega Cadre and we conquer in the name of TAU'VA!!!!" Common pre-engagement encouragement from Shas'Ui of the Omega Cadre before battle commences.
Old 16 Aug 2005, 01:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw
Default Re: Making Your Own Chapter Q&A

The only way you could use the Baal or the Furioso is if you used the Blood Angels rules. It doesn't hav eto actually be the Blood Angels, you can make them whatever you want. However you must use ALL the rules to be able to field these units and you must let your opponent know that you are using the Blood Angels rules.
Old 16 Aug 2005, 06:33   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

what spirit said...these variant armies get certain specialities to counter certain disadvantages or add a touch of individuality or add character to a chapter

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 16 Aug 2005, 11:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

So...could you say it was a blood angels succesor chapter?
Old 17 Aug 2005, 00:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterCresent
So...could you say it was a blood angels succesor chapter?
You could do that. You could also come up with your own reasons for why your chapter developed the way it did. There are rules for the tabletop but really none for writting the fluff. Jsut make sure you at least keep the major fluff in mind if your publishing it though.
Closed Thread