Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

predators
Closed Thread
Old 10 Aug 2005, 22:42   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default predators

my friend is going buy a predator. he says he wants it to be best at killing both my guardsmen and tanks. which variant with which options is the best?

furthermore, he does SW and is wondering whether its worth it to buy wolf guard in termi armour. Sorry for the layout, but I am talking on the phone with him.
Old 11 Aug 2005, 00:30   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: predators

Well, the best would be a Annihilator with turret-mounted twin-linked lascannons and heavy bolter sponsons. Or the Predator Destructor with turret-mounted autocannon and lascannon sponsons. Those would be the best IMO.

Hope that helps!

Chaplain Thu'Ook
Promethean Cultist
Old 11 Aug 2005, 10:15   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

honestly, he'd be better off with it doing either one or the other, but the best mid-ground would have to be the destructor with las sponsons...no good vs armour 14 tho

as for wolf guard in termie armour, i'd suggest not bothering. loading up on troops is much ore efficient and cheaper to boot

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 11 Aug 2005, 12:25   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel_Sanders
my friend is going buy a predator. he says he wants it to be best at killing both my guardsmen and tanks. which variant with which options is the best?

furthermore, he does SW and is wondering whether its worth it to buy wolf guard in termi armour. Sorry for the layout, but I am talking on the phone with him.
to the first: the annihalator with tl lascannon, twin heavy bolter sponsons, and storm bolter upgrade.

to the second: for termie squads, they can be worth it. but few people really adore terminators any more. for pack leaders, i say no. space wolves love power armour!

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Closed Thread