Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1000 Points of Blood Angels
Closed Thread
Old 09 Aug 2005, 03:57   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Magnum_357
Default 1000 Points of Blood Angels

Hello there all, the new army fad of the week for me has arrived and her name be Blood Angel. Most friends of mine totally dismiss them as wussy emo'rines (Best description from my standpoint) but I secretly plan on making an army bent on crushing them under a tide of fast moving red death (Hey, who wouldn't?) The lack of Blood Angel Lists on the Forum's left me wondering, however i'm sure someone has played a good list of them and could hopefully Help me out.

Here we go...

Reclusiarch Absalom w/ Bolt Pistol
Death Company w/ Rhino 0

Troop Choices
Tactical Squad (8 Marines, Multi-Melta, Meltagun and Sergeant with BP/CC weapon)
Tactical Squad (8 Marines, Plasma Cannon, Plasma Rifle and Sergeant with BP/CC weapon)
Blood Angel Scout Squad (6 Scouts w/ Bolt Pistols, 2 w/ Shotguns)

Baal Predator w/Heavy Bolters and Extra Armor

Furioso Dreadnought w/ Extra Armor

5 Veteran Assault Marines
Meltagun and Plasma Pistol
Sergeant w/ Terminator Honors, Power Fist

Desgined to be short ranged, yet obviously nasty....

[size=34pt]Tear it apart![/size]
Old 09 Aug 2005, 15:50   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: 1000 Points of Blood Angels

Ok Lets see...

HQ is fine. I prefer Jump Packs myself but a Rhino is easier to get hold of.

Troop Choices
Tactical Squad (8 Marines, Multi-Melta, Meltagun and Sergeant with BP/CC weapon)
Tactical Squad (8 Marines, Plasma Cannon, Plasma Rifle and Sergeant with BP/CC weapon)
Blood Angel Scout Squad (6 Scouts w/ Bolt Pistols, 2 w/ Shotguns)

Now, whats going on here. Blood Angels are a great CC force and shouldn't have Heavy Weapons in a Tactical Squad IMO. If you look at it with common sense, out of 6 turns they will only get to shoot that heavy weapon 5 times if they never miss and most likely 3-4 times. I don't think it's wise wasting points in a BA squad like this and I'd much rather gear them towards CC. Especially with that big and expensive Plasma Cannon.. not very Blood Angels at all. Get them into combat, not shooting. I'd make one small Las/Plas for support and one large CC unit. 8+8 or 10+6?

The Scouts are abit of a waste as well I reckon. What are they doing? 6 Models isn't really enough for close combat work, especially with the shotguns. I'd drop them.

Baal Pred is nice.

I'd drop the Furioso, but it might be nice to have some CC support for your Tactical Squads.

5 Veteran Assault Marines - TRY to get them to 6 models. Give them Melta weapons as your lacking in Anti Tank.

If you dropped the Scouts and the Furioso you could get another Baal while getting enough for a small Lascannon squad (I think). You could then alter your Troops as you see fit, keeping both the Tacticals the same but removing Heavy Weapons. Then you could make the Vet Assault Squad bigger and better. As it is they are pricey and small, not a good combination. Pricey and big will make them more of a threat in CC. Their strength is that they can be tailored to kill anything, Tanks, Hordes or Heavy Infantry (Marines). Use this to your advantage before you charge in

Good Luck.
Old 10 Aug 2005, 03:41   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Magnum_357

How's This! I retooled it to give me not only an edge in Assault (Hence the new Rhino, power weapons, etc.) But a little nip/tuck and I've a lascannon that can unleash Hell whenever, wherever. I introduce the "Bloodied Wings of Athenry" to you, from me ;D

Reclusiarch Absalom w/ Jump pack, Bolt Pistol
Death Company w/ Jump packs

Tactical Squad (8 Marines, Meltagun and Sergeant w/ Term. Honors, Power Weapon)
Blood Angels Rhino w/ Extra Armor

Tactical Squad (8 Marines, Plasma Rifle and Sergeant w/ Term. Honors, Power Weapon)

Baal Predator w/ Heavy Bolters

Dreadnought w/ TL Lascannon, Extra Armor

6 Veteran Assault Marines
Meltagun, Plasma Pistol
Sergeant w/ Terminator Honors, Power Fist

Old 10 Aug 2005, 14:22   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Looks nice. Give the Rhino Smoke Launchers. You want it zipping forward and popping smoke on turn 1 and on turn 2 your Marines hop out and leg it, using that Rhino as cover.

Good Luck
Old 18 Jan 2006, 19:02   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I would drop the term honors and power weapons from the Vet Sgt. If you lose him to the death company you are out the points. If you just pay the points for the Vet and give him a CCW and BP then if you have to send 1 to the DC you get a free power weapon/power fist for the death marine.
Closed Thread