Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

SM's and there bolters.
Closed Thread
Old 24 Jul 2005, 16:53   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to LordAbsol
Default SM's and there bolters.

Me and FT were chatting away a few days ago. In one of those 40K moods, and i was comming to wonder where a Space Marine Kept his bolter dure in battle! And FT said somthing that would sound really good when applied to a Marine.

He mentioned somthing about storing it Behind there head inbetwen his neck and the back-pack.

Also! have any of you used this mothod.

It would also be cool to read any other un-autherdox ways, any of you have stored your bolter's.

[/td]
[td]
Vote for Tau Online[br]Before me grasp does drain thy life, I pray thee, Beg of thy God for their forgivness, for only then will me grasp upon you siece. [br]
Can you see this this!!!!! WORD
[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
Old 24 Jul 2005, 17:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw
Default Re: SM's and there bolters.

Hmm, interesting question. Well, we do know some of the models have carry straps on thier bolters. Other things could be something like magnetic clamps that would secure the bolter to the armour at some point or another and just take a good tug to remove. Given the individuality of most marines and thier training and reverance for thier weapon some might just hold onto it no matter the cost. After all, it's a pretty solid peice of kit. In close combat I could see them beating the enemy with the grip or smacking them with the barrel if need be.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 18:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I don't think they'd let go of their Bolters. Eslecially eith a stupid leather strap. Looks good but I seriously doubt they'd be used.

No.. I reckon Marines always hold onto their Weapons. Or they throw them up in the air, use the superhuman agility to do whatever they needed 2 hands for, then catch the Bolter headshotting whatever has closed in. Budda-bing budda-boom.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 23:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

DA use the midgets in there asteroids to carry them >

Tau 9/3/0 Space Wolves 50/28/15

RAAAAAARGH!
what now?
raaaaaargh.
oh.

I'll beat you down with my ukos!
whats ukos mean?
never mind
I can chew through metal bars, spit acid, carry in one hand weapons that normal men have to mount on tanks, I'm then ft. tall, can eat rocks, and your telling my I don't get lunch break?!?!?! I bet you do. mmmmhmmmm, riiiiight.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 00:54   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

The Commander has a strap on his storm bolter.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 01:06   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

i have chained some of my bolters to the backs of some of my Space Marines 8)

looks cool but looking back now at them you have to wounder how they would get them of there backs to fire them :P

Old 25 Jul 2005, 01:20   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to LordAbsol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritbw
Hmm, interesting question. <snip>
I know it is rather odd isn't it.

It's just one of those things you think of. Meaning new ways to have your marines bounce back on the table, after a long time since battling on the table top.

And i might try one or two of the ways mentioned on my marine's,to give them a bit more differance between yer avarage joe.

Moving on.
Any more idieas guys
[/td]
[td]
Vote for Tau Online[br]Before me grasp does drain thy life, I pray thee, Beg of thy God for their forgivness, for only then will me grasp upon you siece. [br]
Can you see this this!!!!! WORD
[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
Old 25 Jul 2005, 20:45   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Considering that every weapon and suit of armour is unique with Marines, I'd say the methods of storage vary from weapon to weapon. I'd imagine most marines either use a holster on the waist or leg, or some sort of magnetic clamp. However, shoulder-straps have been shown on some models, so that is another method of storage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 25 Jul 2005, 20:55   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Considering that every weapon and suit of armour is unique with Marines, I'd say the methods of storage vary from weapon to weapon. I'd imagine most marines either use a holster on the waist or leg, or some sort of magnetic clamp. However, shoulder-straps have been shown on some models, so that is another method of storage.
It would also more than likely be modified to their combat role. Apothecarys will obviously need a quick way to stow/holster their weapon, so a magnet clamp would be ideal as he would just need to slap the gun on his thigh and perform his various duties for fallen brethren. I'd assume most battle brothers have a holster of some sort, although given the weapon's clip location it wouldn't fit very securely past the weapon's barrel grip. Come to think about it, Bolt Pistols wouldn't be much better off either unless the magazine wasn't loaded in the firearm. And that's just silly. ::Looks at his Marines and sees a bunch of conventional pistol holsters::

So yeah, metal clamps.

-SaturN
Old 25 Jul 2005, 21:22   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Hunter

D rings attached to the belt?

Closed Thread