Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

10 Space Wolf Termiators [2500] Good/No Good? with Army List posted!
Closed Thread
Old 20 Jul 2005, 19:17   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default 10 Space Wolf Termiators [2500] Good/No Good? with Army List posted!

I was watching a 2000 or 2500 point Marine/Necron battle and was wonder about putting together a 2000 Point SW list. I got to thinking about Wolf Terminators. In the Codex it says:* Up to one in three can have a heavy weapons. So Can I have a Wolf Priest leading with 9 termis.

Such as:
Priest in Terminator armor
Healing Potions and Balms

3 x Assault Cannon / Chainfist

6 Storm bolters and Chainfist/Maybe one Lighting Claw guy in there?
(was also thinking of just 5 terminator just to cut down on points)

For a total of a squad of ten

How many points do I have to play to make this work? 2000 points maybe? Will this work Or does this idea totally suck Wolf Sweat! I was thinking in a 2500 point game this would really work.

WT

Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Old 20 Jul 2005, 19:49   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Spaceknight
Default Re: Space Wolf Termiators How Many is Too Many?

there never enougth in my opinion

Im dyislexic dont hate me for it
Old 20 Jul 2005, 20:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to diber

I find it funny that the space wolves have 'dissed' technology but were the first chapter to put a las cannon on a tank (Theres fluff on it). They would probally have a limited number of terminators (because they are almost totally technology, being a full-body suit) and the space wolves hate technology.

'-_Diber_-'

For sale: Necron Army.
Will accept Soul or nearest offer.
Old 21 Jul 2005, 08:42   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

I wouldn't bring any... they are very un-Space Wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 21 Jul 2005, 11:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Spaceknight

I prefer to use them but fluff wise its a bad choice

Im dyislexic dont hate me for it
Old 21 Jul 2005, 18:05   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well, Wolves love Guns and if we taking about their past, they use to be able to field a UP to 20 Wolf Guard as Squads and for +16 more points you could put them in Terminator armor. Plus buy them a each some weapons and you have a big squad of Dakka coming at you!

This is for a Friendly Battle where my opponent is taking some VDR Speeders (marines) so I wanted to take tons of terminators.

But Questions remains the Same:

1) Can you field 3 assault cannons with Nine to eight WG terminators? Plus if they are being led by a Wolf Priest in Termi armor he can take Healing Potions and Balms?

I say Yes on both accounts! Sounds chessy but I say I can.

2) It is going to be a fire magnet in 2000 points, but can it survive long enough for the rest of my army (Assault Squads) to get into the enemy Lines? How bout in 2500 points?

That I don't know. I have not played any terminators in 4th edition, nor any games at that high points cost. He will have some squads with random plasma pistols and guns. But I think with 3 Assault Cannons blazing, this squad should kill what it shoots at.

I might also attach or place a dread/rhino in front of the squad for cover and to draw some fire. So anyone with real Space Wolf ExExperiencelet hear from you.

WT
Edit Renamed the title maybe I'll get more comments back.
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Old 25 Jul 2005, 11:03   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Using 10 Space Wolf Termiators in 2500 points Good or Not Good?

yep, you sure can have 3 assault cannons...hell, you only need 7 for 3 assault cannons

it'll be a fire magnet, but against 'crons, it should last if you give 'em runic charms...and it'll last better in 2000 pts than 2500

and i'll give a better commentary when i get a chance

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 26 Jul 2005, 02:45   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: 10 Space Wolf Termiators [2500] Good/No Good? with Army List posted!

Here is my Space Wolf List: (Going against another Marine List)

Wolf Priest
Terminator armor,healing Potions, Runic charm, Wolf Pelt 153 Total point for unit (644)

Wolf Guard terminator
PW/Storm Bolter Wolf Pelt

Wolf Guard terminator
PW/Storm Bolter Wolf Pelt

Wolf Guard terminator (2)
PW/Storm Bolter x 2

Wolf Guard terminator
Chainfist Storm Bolter

Wolf Guard Terminator
Dual Lighting Claw

Wolf Guard Terminator (3)
Assault Cannon x 3, Chainfist x2 , PF x 1

Wolf Lord
Belt of Russ, Frag, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Wolf Pelt, BP, Frost Blade 150

Wolf Guard Battle Leader 85
Frost Blade, Storm Bolter

Venerable Dred
Assault Cannon, ML, Armor, Smoke 173

Blood Claw Pack (8)
PF x 2 264

Grey Hunter Unit 1 (8)
PF x 2, Meltagun, Rhino, armor, smoke 241

Grey Hunter Unit 2 (10)
PF x 2, Meltagun 277

Land Raider (smoke) 253
Grey Hunter Assault Unit 3 (6) 164
BP/CC x 5 , BP/PF x1
Wolf Guard Leader
BP/Lighting Claw

Predator Annihilator
ArmorTL-Las, HBolter sponsons 135

Predator Destructor
AC, HBolter x 2 armor 115

That is my List, I have not played any Big games since 2nd so any advice or constructive comments bring them on. I have access to one more rhino, a dred, Russ Exterminator, 3 bikes on spures, scouts assault type and shooty type, Long fangs Plasma, 3 x MLs, HBolter, one old style Las and one land speeder in box.

Thanks all

WT
Old 27 Jul 2005, 06:14   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: 10 Space Wolf Termiators [2500] Good/No Good? with Army List posted!

ok, the wolf priest needs a second weapon, he can't use the bolt pistol in termie armour

next, i'd suggest getting getting runic charms for every termie, no matter what the cost...it'll double their survuvabilty vs anything without ap2...and couple that with the herbs and you're cruisin'

the wolf lord can't have a jump-pack...so ditch that, and pcik up a plasma pistol instead

lose the sotrm colter on the battle leader. firstly, he can't have it, secondl, he's better off with a bolt pistol...it'll make him cheap and choppy

lose the missile launcher on the vennie dread. he really is a juggernaut in combat, far better than any the dread in the game...losing the ccw messes with that

give the hunters rhino to the claws

change the hunters in the land raider to claws...they're more efficient at killing stuff...and change the leaders armament for iether a fist or twin clws

and finally, what're you trying to have the predators do?? give me a role and i'll tell you the most efficient armament for that

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 27 Jul 2005, 20:36   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I will be working on this list until the weekend.

Wolf Priest now with storm bolter

Runic charms, done. I had been thinking about just on a few termis, but now they all have it.

Wolf Lord, is it illegal to have a jump pack. I was going to use his IC status to follow the J/P claws.
If I dump it, I can have him join an assault unit.

He was going in with a GH pack, for more shooting fun, I can drop it.

Dred ML dropped.

give the GH rhino to the claws, so you mean to drop the JPs on the claws.

the GH to claws in the LR, and change the leader to Twin claws, was going to do that, But still trying to make the model. Hmm so BC's would be better/cheaper?

Predator, tank bust or troop killer? I was not sure. I know I am facing two dev units and one Vindicator, and possible two dreds and a speeder.

I even thought of dropping the LR and throwing in a Russ Exterminator.

Thanks for the help.

WT

I will try to update this list for more comments.
Closed Thread