Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500 point army nearing completion. Suggestioins please.
Closed Thread
Old 11 Jul 2005, 09:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default 1500 point army nearing completion. Suggestioins please.

Thanks to the eagle eyes who replied to my post and the help of a couple non-virtual friends I have completed the list. Here is a brief summary. Thanks for your help guys.
The army uses two HQ groups one is eight strong and contains a captian, chaplin, vet sarge, and company champion. The entire group has furious charge,frag grenades. The normal marines and the company champion have been upgraded with terminator honors. A rhino helps to close the distance between them and their victims. The other HQ consists of an inquisitor lord and 3 heavy bolter toting servitors, I have some cool conversions started. The core of the army is comprised of 2 tactical squads both using the cleanse and purify trait ( I thought this was fluffy considering the presence of an inquisitor) to cary 2 plazma guns in one and 2 melt guns in the other. The melt gun toting bunch cruise around in a razorback. The plazma gun group walks along with the dreadnought who is equipped with laz cannons and a missile launcher. The second elite choice is filled by an eversor assassin. Heavy suppot is provided by two 6 man devastator squads, one with 3 missiles, the other with 2 laz cannons. A land speeder tornado rounds out the force, and the points cost is just under 1500. Thaks again for spotting my mistake and helping me finish my army. Hope to see you some day at a GT near you.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 11:10   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: 1500 point army nearing completion. Suggestioins please.

ummm...stop me if i'm wrong, but IIRc you can only have one elites from either the witch or daemon-hunter's codex...which means that assassin is illegal. the old assassins codex has now been made obsolete (meaning it can't be used at all), and to take an assassin, you have to have an inquisitor from the appropriate list (ie you can't have both allied witch and daemon-hunters to escape the limitation)

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 12 Jul 2005, 01:58   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Darn! you are right. My brother bought me the assassin for my birthday, so I have to use it.
Looks like the cChaplingets attached to HQ1. The plaz gun from HQ2 goes to a ttacticalsquads and is replaced by a bolter. Nix the tempest(rats!) The inquisitor becomes HQ2 as an inquisitor lord. The remaining points purchase a modest retretinue don't have the witch hunters codex handy to calculate the specifics. Thanks for catching that. I would have hated showing up to play with an army I can't use.
Old 12 Jul 2005, 08:45   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

And remove all prices except those that state what the whole unit costs as total!
Old 12 Jul 2005, 11:57   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

good point, apocalyptic...i shoulda picked up on that...

++all done...just don't let it happen again ++

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 14 Jul 2005, 01:54   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Thanks for your help guys. The list is finished and I have begun to build the few remaining models. I have updated the original list with a summary of the completed force. Thanks again.
Of coarse any words of wisdom are welcome.