Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Crusade Fleet (Pay back Time)
Closed Thread
Old 07 Jul 2005, 04:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Tau_Killer
Default Crusade Fleet (Pay back Time)

hI I was wondering what you all think of this list....im having a huge game soon with a raven guard player Vs lots of Tau and i made this list up for the game (I hate the Tau with a passion)
....any suggestions of unit changes and wargear that i think i should take would be greatfull

HQ-

Emperors Champion- Artificer armour, Termi Honours, purity seals, iron halo, master crafted bolt pistol, black sword- 105Pts

High Marshal-master crafted power sword, Terminator Armour, frag grenades, purity seals, storm bolter, bionics, Termi Honours- 141Pts

Master Of Sacntity- Artificer Armour, jump pack, close combat weapon, melta bombs, frag grenades, Termi Honours, Bionics, Master Craft- 192Pts

Elite-

Terminator Squad 1- 10 man, 2 assault cannons and power fists, 8 with power fists and storm bolters- 440Pts (deep strikes)

Terminator Squad 2 (Assault Terminators)- 7 man, all with pair of lightning claws- 280Pts (Will be in the LRC with the High Marshal)

Dreadnaught- Twin-Linked Lascannon, Heavy Flamer, extra armour and smoke launchers- 141Pts

Troop-

Black Templar Squad 1- 15 man, bolt pistols adn CCW's, one with a power sword and bolt Pistol, one with a flamer, 2 neophytes with shotguns and 3 neophytes with Bolt Pistols and CCW's, all with frag grenades- 237Pts

BlackTemplar Squad 2- 10 man- bolt pistols and close combat weapons, one with power weapon and Bolt Pistol and one with melta gun frag grenades- 176Pts
Rihno Transport- Extra Armour, smoke Launchers, H/K missile, Pintle Mounted Storm Bolter- 83Pts

Fire Squad 1- 10 man, missile launcher, flamer, frag grenades- 186Pts

Fire Squad 2- 10 man, missile launcher, flamer, frag grenades- 186Pts

Fire Squad 3- 10 man, missile launcher, flamer, frag grenades- 186Pts

fire squad 4- - 6 man, plasma cannon, bolters- 105Pts
Razorback Transport- Twin-Linked Lascannon, extra armour, smoke launchers, H-K missile, Pintle Mounted Storm Bolter- 123Pts

Fast Attack-

Assault Squad 1- 10 man, 2 power weapons and boltpistols, 8 with bolt pistols and CCW's,* Blind Grenades and frag grenades, melta bombs- 320 Pts

Assault Squad 1- 10 man, 2 power Fists and boltpistols, 8 with bolt pistols and CCW's,* Blind Grenades and frag grenades, melta bombs- 330 Pts

LandSpeeder Squadron- unit size is 3, 2 heavy bolters and one multi melta- 165Pts

Heavy Support-

Land Raider Crusader- extra armour Pintle Mounted Storm Bolter, hunter killer missile and smoke launchers- 290Pts

Land Raider- Pintle Mounted Storm Bolter, hunter killer missile, extra armour, smoke launchers- 283Pts

Vindicator Assault Tank- Hunter Killer Missile, Extra armour, smoke launchers, Pintle-Mounted Storm BOlter, power of the machine spirit- 183 Pts

Total Points Cost- 4257

Model Count-128 models

The units i have left that are on teh side lines are a-
wirlwind
10 more marines
predator
another 3 characters one with jump pack and the other 2 in TM armour kitted out the same as the High Marshal
about 14 more terminators
and a command squad
6 bikes

Its has to be Legal so i cant put in the rest of my army

What do you tink of that list so far

Made By Kais, Offical Siggy Maker

Black Templar 5200 points

Orks & Goblin 2300 points points

Tyranids, 60 points

wood elves, 2000 points

The only good alien is a dead alien
Old 07 Jul 2005, 08:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Crusade Fleet (Pay back Time)

how do ya field 3 HQs? Or doesnt EC take up a HQ slot, as Im no BT player I dont know..

Othervise looks solid and rockhard!
Old 07 Jul 2005, 09:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Thanks, the Emperors champion is compulsary for a black templar army but doesnt take up a slot wich is pretty kool....aslo i didnt have time to type the rest so here it is

Vow- the vow i usually take is uphold the honour of the emperor because ill need to roll heaps of Invun save with what ill be up against....ALOT and i mean ALOT of plasma and rail guns....about 4 tanks, over 15 suites and thoes pesky stealth and pathfinder (damm rail rifles)

Tyranids, 60 points

wood elves, 2000 points

Old 07 Jul 2005, 09:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Oh my!

Thats some beast of the points scale!

Great List, Definately Solid, Your Plans are?
Old 07 Jul 2005, 10:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

i have been looking into that....

they are:

the first thing i do at the start of the game will be to charge my crusader Norm landraider and assault tank up the side of the board with an assault squad trailing behind to keep out of LOS, both the landraiders will deploy smoke launchers if a cant find a nice hiding place while the assault tank will nudge out and take a shot at any Crisis suites in sight, my friends scout will take care of any of their small units that they deep strike (hey likes scouts ALOT, my land speeders will go along the left side of the table accompanied by my friends pred for support and one of my assault squads will go with them with the chaplin in the squad. In the centre there will be the drednaught side by side with my champion (the thought of an Emperors champ and a dred striding through a hail of fire is awe enspiring) surounded by my other squads which will leap frog each other so i can at least shoot half of them a turn and my rihno and razorback will be double teaming and going up to the left of the main force, im hoping that in turn 2 i can deepstrike the termies behind there lines so i can take out what ever is giving methe most grief with the Assault cannons and storm bolters and i will unload the tanks on the right side and get into combat straight away while the transports cover then just in case i finish them in my turn and have to spend a turn on the recieving end of the hurt..the assault squad will back up the termies and BTS2. while on the left side ill get the other Assault squad into combat hopefully with their Ethreal in it and maybe cause some to run while the landspeeder will look for the back of skimmers and will then harass the suites with fire. In a nut shell the plan is to get them into a pincer grip then finally encircle them....the centre will shoot at the left and rights side a bit to soften them up and then assault the centre while the termies and Raven Guard comming in from the side...and the last stroke will be from the termies from behind..ill mke sure there will be supporting the transports al the way untill they reach the enemy lines and then i might do some tank shocking ...what about that

Tyranids, 60 points

wood elves, 2000 points

Old 07 Jul 2005, 12:14   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

great.
Old 07 Jul 2005, 22:16   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

i have used ALL my models once only though and i had to have some in reserve because there were too many.......so it is a battle between two close combat armies and 2 VERY shooty armies

Tyranids, 60 points

wood elves, 2000 points

Closed Thread