Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

BA 1000 pts
Closed Thread
Old 06 Jul 2005, 16:28   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default BA 1000 pts

Comments on this 1000 pt BA list I've come up with. Points arent exact and leave a few extra as it stands for little bits and pieces.

HQ - Captain in power armour, bolt pistol, power sword, term hons, frags, jump pack

Troops - Tactical squad, 10 marines, sgt with bolt pistol and close combat weapon, 1 marine with plasma gun, frags
Troops - Tactical squad, 10 marines, sgt with bolt pistol and close combat weapon, 1 marine with plasma gun, frags

Fast attack - Assault squad, 6 marines including vet sgt with powerfist
Fast attack - Land speeder tornado with assault cannon
Fast attack - Land speeder tornado with assault cannon

Heavy support - Devastator squad - 6 marines, 3 missile launchers, 1 lascannon

A couple of things Im aware people might pick up on - 1. No chaplain as HQ - I know but i simply didnt want one, for me a commander at 1000 pts just seemed to fit better. Any dc i get from squad rolls (average of 2 models maybe) I will just use as a distraction as they rush to get into the enemy. 2 No rhinos - The tact squads wil just have to go it on foot as I didnt wanna spend the 150 or so points on 2 rhinos.

As this stands I have like 70 points left, any ideas what to do with these? bump up assault squad by a few models? extra wargear or what?

Cheers, Luke
Old 06 Jul 2005, 19:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: BA 1000 pts

Thats a solid list, no real flaws, but no real advantages.

As for the 70 pnts left, maybe some scouts?
Old 06 Jul 2005, 21:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

how about giving one of your tacs a rhino with the proper upgrdes(smoke)
Old 06 Jul 2005, 21:31   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Cheers, solid suits me fine. I know BA are hardly a codex chapter but at the minute Im still planning to play them perhaps more codexy than the average BA force, for example I know some people think you shouldnt bother with any heavy support for BA but to me that is just too extreme. *Having said that the plan is still basically to get stuck in and use furious charge with the tac squads.

70 pts for scouts - thats what 5 scouts? never considered that to be honest but yeah Im liking it.

Cheers, Luke
Old 06 Jul 2005, 21:35   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalyptic
how about giving one of your tacs a rhino with the proper upgrdes(smoke)
Yeah I considered it, so that comes to 68 pts, but I dont really fancy taking it without extra armour either, I dunno why it just doesnt seem right to send a rhino out there without extra armour and smoke. But I will defn give it some more thought. What I really want to avoid is my forces gettin into the enemy squad by squad, I want them to hit at the same time or as close to the same time as I can get them.

Cheers, Luke
Old 06 Jul 2005, 21:46   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

An interesting list Luke L. Now, I know you stated no rhino's, but hear me out. Don't give a rhino to your tac squads, give it to your Death Company. Since they're a distraction, what better way to keep your opponent's attention than a rhino painted DC colors (with skulls and such). Plus, it will get the DC into cc faster! Add the fact that it's FREE, and now you have a perfect addition to your distraction unit.

BTW, I have devastators in my BA army. It seems that every time I needed them they would blood rage. I really feel a Baal Predator (or 2) would serve you better.

Finally, scouts are the way to go. I'd go for the BA scouts (bp/ccw). I have always had good luck with them.

Be well...

~ fearlessgod ~
Closed Thread