Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New Deathwing Special Character
Closed Thread
Old 26 Jun 2005, 00:25   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default New Deathwing Special Character

I have converted an Obliterator to a Deathwing Grand master. The question that I have is: Can I make him a Special Character Useable only in my army? And if I can, what would be an appropriate Stat line? I was thinking along the lines of:
Grand Master Zareth

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv Inv Points
5 5 5 5 3 5 4 10 2+ 5+ 260

Terminator armor (bonus attack already included in profile), storm bolter, lightning claw, adamantine mantle, bionics
Is this a decent stat line for the extra 100 points? Opinions are welcome
Old 26 Jun 2005, 01:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: New Deathwing Special Character

Add 17 str 8 attacks and a couple more wounds coupled with a 2+ invulnerable save and an ability that allows him to move 24" without penalties would make it about even.
Old 26 Jun 2005, 01:24   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Quote:
Originally Posted by VV1LD
Add 17 str 8 attacks and a couple more wounds coupled with a 2+ invulnerable save and an ability that allows him to move 24" without penalties would make it about even.
I hope your kidding there. In any case, I'm not sure what to make of it. I don't make character of my own so I'm not sure what would be acceptable. Anyone else?
Old 26 Jun 2005, 02:56   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yes the above was a sarcastic comment on my part . On a more serious side, I'm not exactly sure what rules, if any, were used as a template in making this. Based on the question of whether or not it was worth "about 100 pts" it sounds as though the creator quite literally made up a completely new unit using nothing but his mind. If this is indeed the case, it's very hard to pin on a pts cost to a unit that has been made without any background, base unit, etc etc. Maybe if you used, persay, a librarian as a base unit, and then APPLIED the changes (extra str, wounds, whatever you desire) it might be easier. Personally, I would go through the rulebook for the marine sects and try to find the upgrades that add any of these attributes. Once you are finished adding those extra costs to your unique unit, you can then add maybe 30 pts cost to make up for the unit being a buff baddy. If you are having trouble relating, think about a basic marine. For a points cost, you can upgrade him to a sergeant or w/e, and then for additional points add the weapons (skills if chaplain, lib, etc) after the upgrade has been done. Treat your new unit in exactly the same way, and everything should work out.

Disclaimer: Don't expect a whole lot of people to allow you to play this unit however .
Old 28 Jun 2005, 23:06   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The Character was based of a Deathwing commander with the following stats:
WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv Inv Points
5 5 4 4 3 5 4 10 2+ 5+ 140
Terminator armor (bonus attack already included in porfile), lightning claw, storm bolter, bionics, stubborn

I have posted this question on the Chaos forum, and was suggested that he was +100 points by MalVeauX. It just seemed a little much for the upgrade. However, the BASE strength AND toughness five does sound resonable for the upgrade's cost.
Closed Thread