Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

space marine relations
Old 16 Aug 2007, 07:00   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default space marine relations

hello everyone its been a long, long time since my last post

so i have a question we all know that space marines sometimes rub people the wrong way, but i was wondering if certain chapters get along better with other chapters or are they leery of each other? specifically i was wondering about both the space wolves and the raven guard and how they get along with other chapters. if this issue has already been addressed please point me in the right direction.

thanks in advance everyone.
chugaug92119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2007, 07:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: space marine relations

Well the Space Wolves and the Dark Angels pretty much hate each other because of a feud their primachs had.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The All-father
A horror! HOOORRRROOOOORRRR!
Hive Tyrant Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2007, 13:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to captain_octavain

Noone trusts the Blood Angels or the Mortificator's because the BA are
crazy' and the MF's are just 'weird'.... Um yeah there are loads if chapter rivalries, and some hate each other as Tyrant Horror said.
for preserving my rights
to live and die for this life
and paying the ultimate price for me to be...FREE!
captain_octavain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2007, 23:42   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Its sad no?

The seems like the Imperial government toy with Marines like children and condition them to nothing but hatred and suspicion for everyone. :

I rather like the relationships in WHFB better.
Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2007, 00:02   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

I suppose thats the fun of having a DYI chapter. You can make it up as you go along. If you want your Chapter to be "friendly" towards certain other Chapters, then although you may need a reason for it (like having the same common Primarch).

Also note that it is common for Space Marines to trust the Space Marines from another, especially if they have fought together in protracted conflicts, although this obviously doesn't mean the two Chapters will see eye to eye all the time.
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2007, 00:10   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
The seems like the Imperial government toy with Marines like children and condition them to nothing but hatred and suspicion for everyone.
You sir obviously know nothing of marines, they serve the imperium and are bread to kill, it's what they do. Marines hate xenos they try to kill them, Marines don't trust anyone because originally they actually tried to make peace with the bloody aliens and other humans, but they flat out refused it, attacking relentlessly (evidence of the marines caring can be found in Horus Rising). In fact every other race is exactly like the Imperium (except for Tau). And No the Government has no control over the marines The Marines act alone and mostly work alone(only faith in the Emperor do they serve the Imperium, or else they wouldn't serve at all) , the only thing the Government can do is declare them traitors.
for preserving my rights
Old 17 Aug 2007, 00:55   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to titankiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto
The seems like the Imperial government toy with Marines like children and condition them to nothing but hatred and suspicion for everyone. :
Actually, its more of the chapters do that to themselves. The Imperium does it to everyone else in the citizenry. :P And like Far_Sh0t said, pretty much all of the xenos are the same way (Tau are debatable).
Old 17 Aug 2007, 02:28   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Far_Sh0t
Quote:
The seems like the Imperial government toy with Marines like children and condition them to nothing but hatred and suspicion for everyone.
You sir obviously know nothing of marines, they serve the imperium and are bread to kill, it&#39;s what they do. Marines hate xenos they try to kill them, Marines don&#39;t trust anyone because originally they actually tried to make peace with the bloody aliens and other humans, but they flat out refused it, attacking relentlessly (evidence of the marines caring can be found in Horus Rising). In fact every other race is exactly like the Imperium (except for Tau). And No the Government has no control over the marines The Marines act alone and mostly work alone(only faith in the Emperor do they serve the Imperium, or else they wouldn&#39;t serve at all) , the only thing the Government can do is declare them traitors.

Firstly, I was an NCO in the military, not a "Sir" :P
No saluting required!

That is not exactly fair to say is it?

The Marines are entirely under the thumb of the admin. If they don&#39;t submit tithe gene seed samples, then they will eventually be hunted down. The admin lets them run around playing as long as they don&#39;t run outside the lines.

I have every BL book dealing with 40k...almost anyway.
But post-heresy you have to admit the administratum worked a number on the Marines. Broke them down and spread them out. Enhancing their distrust at every avenue.
I quite like the Imperium for the most part pre-heresy. Decent comraderie did exist.
They (admin) certainly did not show them alot of trust, would not even let them have a proper navy.

The Marines should be running the show like they were pre-heresy. Cull the rot and purge a few trillion. &gt; ;D

Instead, they are the running dog lacky&#39;s who are usually left in the dark and held in the highest suspicion by the civilian overlord administrators. Crafty admin, use them as PR boys, but in actuality are terrified and repulsed by the Marines at the same time.

It is no wonder they don&#39;t trust anybody, how can you when your own government does not trust you and likes to keep you at a distance. It might be hard, as a proud marine, to take direction from a group of low-lives such as that.

Rock and a hard place for sure. Like I said, a sad thing...a ten thousand year fall from grace. I am a Thorian at heart and I can see a heinlin kind of resurgence for the Emperors finest someday, all of them being led and united by their resurgent golden creator.

Anyway, in my own fluff my chapter has good relations with certain factions due to previous shared battle experience like someone else already mentioned.

Oh well, we can dream.
Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2007, 02:58   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Actually, officially the administratum didn&#39;t even really exist back then, Guillimen broke down the chapters (if you want to here my theories on this pm me) and I could also tell you my theory on the administum too.

But you are correct the Administratum/high lords of terra are a bunch of money hungry freaks who don&#39;t give a shit about the Imperium (once again pm me if you interested in my pov) and in fact they aree afraid of the SM&#39;s because they alone have the power to set the Imperium straight.

Heh, nice to see a fellow Thorian
Brothers and Sisters We&#39;re just Americans.
So with that I say
"Thank You" to the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines,
for preserving my rights
Old 17 Aug 2007, 03:21   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
The Marines are entirely under the thumb of the admin. If they don&#39;t submit tithe gene seed samples, then they will eventually be hunted down. The admin lets them run around playing as long as they don&#39;t run outside the lines.
Or, if they didn&#39;t submit geneseed, they could turn to Chaos or mutate beyond recognition. It&#39;s an absolutely necessary measure.

Quote:
But post-heresy you have to admit the administratum worked a number on the Marines. Broke them down and spread them out. Enhancing their distrust at every avenue.
That was done by Guilleman, a Space Marine...

Quote:
They (admin) certainly did not show them alot of trust, would not even let them have a proper navy
Right, then how come Space Marine fleets are numerous, powerful, and more advanced than normal Imperial ships :huh:?

Quote:
Instead, they are the running dog lacky&#39;s who are usually left in the dark and held in the highest suspicion by the civilian overlord administrators. Crafty admin, use them as PR boys, but in actuality are terrified and repulsed by the Marines at the same time.
Wait, where did that come from?! Space Marines are held in very high regard by the general civilian populace, and if a governor dislikes them it&#39;s his/her problem - most of the ones we hear about are useless blowhards anyway.

Quote:
It is no wonder they don&#39;t trust anybody, how can you when your own government does not trust you and likes to keep you at a distance. It might be hard, as a proud marine, to take direction from a group of low-lives such as that.
Own government? Take direction? For ****s sake, have you ever read Marine fluff? It is entirely up to a Chapter whether they will go to war, and how great their commitment is.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote