Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New codex: what would you like to see
Old 13 Aug 2007, 17:18   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default New codex: what would you like to see

OK this is for people to show their ideas of what they would like to see, what should go and, what needs to stay, in a new codex. This is more aimed for those marine players with codexes that aren't updated yet. To include those who have new codexes, you can post what you you think they missed, or what you think should have been changed.

Rule 1) DO NOT post things like Marines with all 10 stats 2+save/3+inv with WBB. DO NOT bring obnoxious things to this thread. Keep things realistic

Rule 2) Please name the codex you are talking about, don't leave us guessing

Rule 3) Put a little reason behind your ideas.

I will start,
CODEX: Space Wolves

What I would like to stay
I would like the 1 HQ per 750 points stay. I like the idea of this unique organisation. I also like the idea of having an HQ for each squad, even if they aren't that heavily upgraded.
I would also like to see the special Venerable dreadnoughts stay. I like they fluff behind them and their special abilities that are fluffy and fun to use.
Also the Long fang/ devastators should also stay. It gives some fluff on what happens to older Space Wolves and gives us a unique support option.

What I would like to see
First I would like to see Fenrisian wolves being able to take as a fast attack option, like 13th company can. Fenrisian wolves for HQs are OK, but some for the rest of the army would be better. It would also make sense because we are Space WOLVES, after all

I like the current "psychic" power for the Rune Priest(librarian), But I think their should be more options for different powers.

There should be a 0-1 elite selection of Wulfen, with the same, or similar rules to the 13th company.

What needs to go

The expensive jump marines. they need to be switched for they fenrisian wolves, or they should be reduced to the current cost in the Space Marine codex.

Thats a small list but I am sure that I could come up with more after a little thinking. Have fun with this.
Old 14 Aug 2007, 20:53   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: New codex: what would you like to see

I just don't want the broken up squads to happen to the normal Space Marine codex. I like my 6 man las/plas squads. don't make me buy ten then break them into 2, five man squads.

also, I hope they keep the armory, I like things like holy relics and all the stuff like that. GW seems to be streamlining 40k and I don't like it.

* The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We Eldar who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask! We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

~Uthan the Perverse.
marine13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2007, 14:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine13
I just don't want the broken up squads to happen to the normal Space Marine codex. I like my 6 man las/plas squads. don't make me buy ten then break them into 2, five man squads.

also, I hope they keep the armory, I like things like holy relics and all the stuff like that. GW seems to be streamlining 40k and I don't like it.
I hate to say it but thats probly going to happen. I play Blood Angels, and I use to run 3 squads of Scouts, but I can't afford to waste all three elite choices on scouts anymore. Not when I still have to fill my troop choices.
JBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2007, 15:19   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Six-man Las/Plas is exactly why the Tactical/Combat squad rule is returning. It's unfluffy, and it's powergamey.

Quote:
Not gonna happen. Even Master-Crafted weapons are now Special Character territory - you do, however, get Iron Halos standard.

AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2007, 15:28   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
Quote:
Six-man Las/Plas is exactly why the Tactical/Combat squad rule is returning. It's unfluffy, and it's powergamey.

Quote:
Not gonna happen. Even Master-Crafted weapons are now Special Character territory - you do, however, get Iron Halos standard.

I agree with you 100%. However I think they could have changed the rules but not make it 5 or 10. Simply changing the rules to you have to have a ten man squad to get a heavy weapon is fine. I never ran heavy weapons, but I liked the ability to increase or decrease a squad size depending on the amount of points I had left over.

As far as it was not fluff. Fluff is just that FLUFF. It should have nothing to do with the rules. If it has anything to do with the rules then its not fluff its rules. Also where does fluff come from. The Codex? Novels? Other places? I have been playing since '01 and until about 6 months ago I never read a single novel. i should not have to read 7-10 novels inorder to make my space marine list. I should only have to read the rules book and codex.
Old 16 Aug 2007, 16:44   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
As far as it was not fluff. Fluff is just that FLUFF. It should have nothing to do with the rules.
Good point! I should be able to take Leman Russes and Fire Warriors in my Eldar army. That makes perfect sense.

Oh, wait... :
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2007, 18:10   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Quote:
As far as it was not fluff. Fluff is just that FLUFF. It should have nothing to do with the rules.
Good point! I should be able to take Leman Russes and Fire Warriors in my Eldar army. That makes perfect sense.

Oh, wait... :
If the rules allowed it, then you could. However, the rules do not allow this. I am not saying bring what ever you want. I'm saying if the rules allow me to bring X but the fluff says no, then guess what, I can bring it.
Old 16 Aug 2007, 18:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:

Oh, wait... :
Once Apcolypse comes out you can. ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2007, 20:25   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Ok, to help with this I have a few I would like to see.

For the Space Wolves, I would like to see them add the 13th options into the codex. Wolfen armies are fun and fluffy.

For Space Marines, I hope they don't make us take their special Chars to have a decent leader for a DIY chapter, also I would like them to keep the DIY chapter options there. There are so many people that use this option that if they remove it, or make them switch their leaders to be an Ultramarine leader, and every DIY chapter became cookie cutter, the game would lose alot of flavor and fun.
Nailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2007, 21:23   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Ok, Black Templar:

Should nots:
Combat Squads. Sure, they're fine and dandy for the Normal Marines fluff, but it does not even fit our Fluff. Not. One. Bit.

Inclusion of Whirlwinds. See above(Even though I doubt they will ever do this)

Get rid of Righteous Zeal. A friend of mine is saying that they are going to be getting rid of it because they nerfed Blood Rage as well. This is Templar, and it also comes with a drawback, you have to lose an Initiate or Neophyte in order for it to work.

Should:
Have the option for the Armoury. I prefer to have the armoury for the purpose of several things to make my commanders MINE. And the Holy Orbs()

Have an option for suspensers for our Heavy Weapons. To give the ability to Bring use heavy weapons to the fight.

Have an Equivilent of the Devestator squad. I know you're thinking that it is Unfluffy, but think for a second; Make them like the Space Wolf ones, IE too old to fight in Close Combat, and prefering to Fire instead of charge.

More anti-tank. I cant think much else that I struggle with.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote