Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

United Under one Banner at last: TO Space Marine Chapter (8 people so far)
Old 01 Aug 2007, 15:12   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to captain_octavain
Default United Under one Banner at last: TO Space Marine Chapter (8 people so far)

Ok First of All I am still going to collect a chapter of Space Marines (which ever chapter is chosen) But it will get the shaft until this project is underway (hopefully it will get that far)

Here's the story: While reading through the response's in the thread stating the I was going to collect a whole chapter of SMurfs, I naturally got excited, my adrenalin came up a little and my mind was churning at the grandness of the idea. And on one of it's rotations, I came up with an even Greater Idea 1 Space Marine Chapter United under the Banner of Tau Online (ironic really). So I need 10 or more people to help me, to embark on this wonderful journey and we will be The Fellowship of the Ring, oh Klkn wrong story. But anyways 10 devoted, active, good members are needed to do this feat (I can' make two chapters on my own, now can I?)

First of all I know shelling out over 500$ for a website may be not that appealing, but it would be nice to see all the companies at 2000 points.

Also this could be beneficial to the forum, in ways of advertising. Lets say one of the members goes to a games day and WINS, what will be the name of his army? Tau Online.

I have thought this through a lot and if you have any questions just pm me, I just want to see if any members are dedicated to the cause and will not bail on the idea, or if anyone will even contemplate the idea before I go any further with it

Will you answer the call and become a true Astartes, God-like warrior of the Imperium?

ok thats enough persuasive writing for me...

Thank You to anyone who thinks about my idea!

~FS

People Who Signed up
Me
Methelas
Titankiller
Grismund-9th company
adreal
trash-candle
Abael
John Snow
Quote:
OK, it seems like building a full co. is bit of a challenge for you (money wise) so it would be alright is you built a smaller army, in which 2 people could make a company.
Quote:
You know collecting a whole company is a very expensive undertaking. It would be far easier if each member were to produce a character or single squad, or perhaps just a few squads to a small force. It would take a lot more members and more time but the strain on each one wouldn't be so bad.

I doesn't have to be a full company, but it would be kick D'yi if all 10 companiess were built, it can be more like a 2000 point army or something.
for preserving my rights
to live and die for this life
and paying the ultimate price for me to be...FREE!
captain_octavain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2007, 15:28   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: United Under one Banner at last: TO Space Marine Chapter

So... 10 people will each collect a Company and together they will form the Tau Online Chapter?
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2007, 15:32   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Far_Sh0t
First of all I know shelling out over 500$ for a website may be not that appealing, but it would be nice to see all the companies at 2000 points.

Also this could be beneficial to the forum, in ways of advertising. Lets say one of the members goes to a games day and WINS, what will be the name of his army? Tau Online.
Wouldn't you have a hard time being taken seriously with a Space Marine Chapter dedicated to a Tau web site? :huh:
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2007, 15:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
So... 10 people will each collect a Company and together they will form the Tau Online Chapter?
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Far_Sh0t

Wouldn't you have a hard time being taken seriously with a Space Marine Chapter dedicated to a Tau web site? :huh:
TO is far beyond a Tau dedicated website it has grown and still is growing into a universal website.

Also it could be like a title for example: The Dark Angels, Official Chapter of Tau Online (you get the idea)

Also if this is a bad idea, just say so.

for preserving my rights
Old 01 Aug 2007, 15:47   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

I don't think that it is a bad idea, but I worry about the details. Collecting a full company is about to get much easier and less expensive than it used to be, if the rumors are any indication. You can buy the whole thing in one box. But this only applies to the Battle Companies. Part of the problem is that the Reserve Companies are not quite as playable, nor will they be as inexpensive to construct. Whoever did the 9th Company, for example, would have a much harder time actually making a fieldable army out of their contribution, since it would be nothing but Rhinos and Devastators. Same thing with the 10th Company.
Old 01 Aug 2007, 15:57   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well for the reserve companies, they don't have to be reserve companies, we can work with the fluff that way, the scout company doesn't have to be fully scouts, they can have grissled vets, showing the new guys how stuff works, ect...

The 1st company won't have a 100 terminators and the assault company won't have 100 assault marines, I just came up with and idea to work this out, companies are rotated, from the front line to the reserve after a particularly heavy fight, in which they suffered heavy casualties, While if in reserve they will be assigned to minor incursion's and small battles and if they are in reserve for a long while they will be switched into the front line again. So 8 companies will be 'battle companies', the first will be terminator/ veteran heavy, the 8th will be the quick assault, ravening like company and the scout company will be mainly scouts w/ veterans and a infiltrating tac squad or two. And the 9th will have an above average heavy weapon count.
for preserving my rights
Old 01 Aug 2007, 16:00   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Well, the 1st Company is actually pretty easy to deal with. Very few chapters have enough suits of Terminator armor to field a 1st company that only uses Terminator squads. The Dark Angels are very unusual in that regard. It is more common to have a mix of Veterans in Power Armor (which could count as Tactical Squads in a normal game) and Terminators. You would really only need about 30 Terminators, and the rest could be Tactical Squads.
Old 01 Aug 2007, 16:04   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yeah, the Chapter of TO (which ever one it may be) does not have to strictly adhere to the laws laid down by Guillimen.
for preserving my rights
Old 01 Aug 2007, 16:40   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

What chapter would it be, would it be Diy, would it be codex.... ???

No Pity No Remorse No Fear
[hr]
"All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Edgar Allen Poe
[hr]
[quote=Earring (Busy Destroying the World)]
Don't worry too much...remember...females can smell fear
Malchior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2007, 16:50   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

That would be decided by the 10 members who partake in the project.
for preserving my rights