Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Death Watch questions
Old 18 Jul 2007, 18:29   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Death Watch questions

In the Death Watch Kill Team options you can Deep Strike via alien technologies or termite.

What is termite? Does it give any special options? A GW employee said he wanted to get a Trygon since it burrowed from the ground so anything near it went around it instead of it being killed like old Drop Pod rules. Is this termite?

Also does DSing via alien tech give any special options as well?

Acts of Faith - I choose to ignore your reality and substitute my own...for the Emperor.

Glory for the first man to die! CHARGE!
trex238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2007, 18:46   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Death Watch questions

The Termite would be a tunneler vehicle used as a possible explanation of how the Deathwatch can deep strike. However the deathwatch use the regular Deep Strike rules. They do not have an exemption to the "1 inch you die" rule unless they actually buy a Drop Pod (which I think is available to them in the most recent rules).
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2007, 19:31   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Death Watch questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
The Termite would be a tunneler vehicle used as a possible explanation of how the Deathwatch can deep strike. However the deathwatch use the regular Deep Strike rules. They do not have an exemption to the "1 inch you die" rule unless they actually buy a Drop Pod (which I think is available to them in the most recent rules).
...Although the idea of a Squad of Deathwatch Marines riding a Trygon has a certain Orkish appeal.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote