Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Just wondering
Old 17 Jul 2007, 23:16   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Just wondering

How many points could you make a completely vanilla marine army, without using any traits or special characters? It's been bugging me for awhile now but I lent my codex to a buddy so I can't look it up
ChiliFriez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2007, 23:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Just wondering

There's no upper limit of points you can spend on a "clean" army, unless you're limited to one FoC... it'll take some number crunching to figure out how many points you can stuff into a single Force Org chart, though.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2007, 23:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well, I know for guard its upwards of 13,000. So never let a guard player challenge you to a "Hey, why don't we play with one FOC instead of points?" game.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2007, 03:14   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Lets see, ahem:

HQ:

Master-Terminator Armor, Pair of Master Crafted Lightning Claws, Bionics, Adamantine Mantle, Auspex, Purity Seals, Teleport Homer
Total: 192

Terminator Command Squad (10 Strong)- Cyclone Launchers x2, Chainfists x9, Purity Seals, Auspex, Bionics, Teleport Homer
Total: 512

Attatched Epistolary-Terminator Armor, Bionics, Auspex, Purity Seals, Teleport Homer, Master Crafted Thunder Hammer, Master Crafted Force Weapon, Veil of Time, Vortex of Doom
Total: 252

Attatched Master of Sanctity- Terminator Armor, Bionics, Auspex, Teleport Homer, Purity Seals, Master Crafted Thunder Hammer, Master Crafted Crozius Arcanum
Total: 197

Master-Terminator Armor, Pair of Master Crafted Lightning Claws, Bionics, Auspex, Purity Seals, Teleport Homer
Total: 157

Terminator Command Squad (10 Strong)- Cyclone Launchers x2, Chainfists x9, Purity Seals, Auspex, Bionics, Teleport Homer

Attatched Epistolary-Terminator Armor, Bionics, Auspex, Purity Seals, Teleport Homer, Master Crafted Thunder Hammer, Master Crafted Force Weapon, Veil of Time, Vortex of Doom
Total: 252

Attatched Master of Sanctity- Terminator Armor, Bionics, Auspex, Teleport Homer, Purity Seals, Master Crafted Thunder Hammer, Master Crafted Crozius Arcanum
Total: 197

Elites:

Terminator Squad (10)- Cyclone Launchers x2, Chainfists x9, Purity Seals, Auspex, Bionics, Teleport Homer
-Land Raider Crusader Transport, Pintle Mounted Storm Bolters, Hunter Killer Missile
Total: 290

Terminator Squad (10)- Cyclone Launchers x2, Chainfists x9, Purity Seals, Auspex, Bionics, Teleport Homer
-Land Raider Crusader Transport, Pintle Mounted Storm Bolters, Hunter Killer Missile

Troops:

Tactical Squad (10)- Terminator Honors, Pair of Master Crafted Lightning Claws, Plasma Cannon, Plasma Gun, Frags, Kraks, Purity Seals, Bionics, Teleport Homer, Auspex
Total: 287
-Rhino Transport, Extra Armor, Pintle Mounted Storm Bolter, Hunter Killer Missile, Dozer Blades
Total: 85

Tactical Squad (10)- Terminator Honors, Pair of Master Crafted Lightning Claws, Plasma Cannon, Plasma Gun, Frags, Kraks, Purity Seals, Bionics, Teleport Homer, Auspex
-Rhino Transport, Extra Armor, Pintle Mounted Storm Bolter, Hunter Killer Missile, Dozer Blades

Fast Attack:

Bike Squadron (6)- 5 Bikes, Attack Bike, Multi Melta, Meltas x2, Pair of Master Crafted Lightning Claws, Auspex, Teleport Homer, Purity Seals, Bionics, Krak Grenades, Melta Bombs
Total: 325

Bike Squadron (6)- 5 Bikes, Attack Bike, Multi Melta, Meltas x2, Pair of Master Crafted Lightning Claws, Auspex, Teleport Homer, Purity Seals, Bionics, Krak Grenades, Melta Bombs

Heavy Support:

Land Raider Crusader, Pintle Mounted Storm Bolters, Hunter Killer Missile

Army Total: 8754

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2007, 03:19   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

:sadnshocked:

Vash, you're amazing.

You can actually fit a few more upgrades on the Crusaders...
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2007, 03:48   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
:sadnshocked:

Vash, you're amazing.

You can actually fit a few more upgrades on the Crusaders...
Well... yeah but at that point I just figured it hardly made much of a difference, 50 odd points or so, once it broke 8k I stopped being finicky. Besides looking at the codex for so long was really getting tiresome.

Old 18 Jul 2007, 04:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

karma given for wounding in the line of duty. i don't think i even wat to think how mucyh tiem that took. :sadnshocked:
Spiritbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2007, 04:45   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritbw
karma given for wounding in the line of duty. i don't think i even wat to think how mucyh tiem that took. :sadnshocked:
Thanks for the cookie but it really wasn't all that bad. Twas a lot of copy and paste really and after I finished the HQ I had the wargear prices mostly memorized, prolly took around 20 minutes start to finish. When your familiar with the codex it's easy to whip up a list fast. Now if it was the Dark Angels codex... that would have taken at least three times as long... blasted new format.

Old 18 Jul 2007, 05:24   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

......... :sadnshocked: damn, this gave me an idea though, how bout we gather willing volunteers, and see how many points you could fit into one FOC for each army
ChiliFriez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2007, 08:59   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliFriez
......... :sadnshocked: damn, this gave me an idea though, how bout we gather willing volunteers, and see how many points you could fit into one FOC for each army
well. daemonhunters (the only codex i know off the top of my head)

HQ - GK Grand Master - Sacred incense, grimore of true names,icon of the just, psycannon,master crafted daemonhammer, holocaust power
295pts (and useless without his force weapon )
9 terminator retinue - psycannon, holocaust power

HQ - Inquisitor Lord Cotaez - 185pts
4 acolytes with storm shields and (random 5 point wargear item) - 128
4 warrior henchmen - 3 multi-meltas and a plasma cannon - 140pts
4 heirophant henchmen - 48 pts
4 sage henchmen - 40 pts

Elites - 10 gk terminators - psycannon, holocaust, BC with psycannon, icon of the just, chainfist, master crafted NFW - 625pts

Elites - 10 gk terminators - psycannon, holocaust, BC with psycannon, icon of the just, chainfist,master crafted NFW - 625pts

Elites - 10 gk terminators - psycannon, holocaust, BC with master crafted NFW, psycannon, icon of the just, chainfist - 625pts

Troops - 10 Grey Knights - 2 psycannons, justicar with artificer armour, icon of the just, teleport homer, melta bombs, master crafted NFW - 395 pts

Troops - 10 Grey Knights - 2 psycannons, justicar with artificer armour, icon of the just, teleport homer, melta bombs, master crafted NFW - 395 pts

fast attack - 10 Grey Knights - 2 psycannons, justicar with artificer armour, icon of the just, teleport homer, melta bombs, master crafted NFW - 395 pts

fast attack - 10 Grey Knights - 2 psycannons, justicar with artificer armour, icon of the just, teleport homer, melta bombs, master crafted NFW - 395 pts

Heavy support - 10 Grey Knights - 4 psycannons, justicar with artificer armour, icon of the just, teleport homer, melta bombs, master crafted NFW - 465 pts

Heavy support - 10 Grey Knights - 4 psycannons, justicar with artificer armour, icon of the just, teleport homer, melta bombs, master crafted NFW - 465 pts

8120 points total (and there is a lot of room for spare equipment in there)

this is fun