Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Rules clarrification
Old 15 Jul 2007, 20:34   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Rules clarrification

Example; a chaplain with a rosarius (4+ invulnerable save) and power armour (3+ armour save) is shot at by an Eldar Vyper (example). The Vyper scores three wounds, two with a weapon of AP 2 and one with a weapon of AP 5.

Question; Does the chappie get one armour save and two invulnerable saves?
Or........... Does he only get one type of save? In this case he would have to take the invulnerable?

Example; An independant character (eldar army example) attached to a squad loses a morale check after his squad takes more than 50% losses and flee. Can they rally or not?

thanks in advance

bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2007, 20:44   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Rules clarrification

To your first example, the Chaplain would have to make one Armour and one Invulnerable save. A model can always take the best save allowed (remember that some weapons don't allow saves).

To your second example, since the squad does not meet the criteria to regroup, they cannot do so.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
O Y Montyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2007, 20:48   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenose
Example; a chaplain with a rosarius (4+ invulnerable save) and power armour (3+ armour save) is shot at by an Eldar Vyper (example). The Vyper scores three wounds, two with a weapon of AP 2 and one with a weapon of AP 5.

Question; Does the chappie get one armour save and two invulnerable saves?
Or........... Does he only get one type of save? In this case he would have to take the invulnerable?
He has to make the two AP 2 with his invulnerable save, but he can use his normal save with the AP 5 hit. Though, if you really want you can use the invul save for all three... :P

Quote:
Example; An independant character (eldar army example) attached to a squad loses a morale check after his squad takes more than 50% losses and flee. Can they rally or not?

thanks in advance
Yeah they can rally.

No Pity No Remorse No Fear
[hr]
"All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Edgar Allen Poe
[hr]
[quote=Earring (Busy Destroying the World)]
Don't worry too much...remember...females can smell fear
Malchior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2007, 20:52   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Different opinions already i see? I'm sure i read somewhere that a mini can only take one type of save per unit firing at them, so basically if you've gotta make even one inv save then all the others should be too. I do agree with you both on that tho.

The second one the rules state that if they take more than 50% casualties they can't rally, but i can't see (fluff wise) an independant character running like that?

bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2007, 21:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
so basically if you've gotta make even one inv save then all the others should be too.
Wrong, he can make the 2 invulnerable saves and the armor save. You always take the best save available to you for each type of shot, there's nothing that says if you make one invulnerable save you have to make invulnerable saves for everything being shot at you.

So if your chaplain takes a lascannon wound and then 6 bolter wounds, he would need the 4+ invulnerable for the lascannon, and 6 3+ for the bolters.

Old 15 Jul 2007, 22:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Different opinions already i see? I'm sure i read somewhere that a mini can only take one type of save per unit firing at them, so basically if you've gotta make even one inv save then all the others should be too. I do agree with you both on that tho.
I think you're confusing that with only be able to take one save per wound, meaning you can't take both your armor save and inv. save against one wound. You can, as people have said, take the best save allowed for each shot that wounds your character.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2007, 03:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelas
Yeah they can rally.
No, they cannot rally. If the unit has no special rule that allows them to rally, they keep fleeing and the character along with them. That's the downside to attatching a character to a squad, you attatch the character to the squad for good or ill and he will stay or run with them. It's all covered in the main rulebook.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote