Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Index Astartes: The 1,000 Chapters
Old 14 Jul 2007, 03:42   #21 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Index Astartes: The 1,000 Chapters

Dark Templars

Tactical Marine

Background: Little is known about the origins of the Dark Templars. The entire chapter's homeworld was obscured by a warp storm for several centuries. When the storm had subsided their homeworld lay in ruins. The forces of Chaos had summoned endless forces through the storm and the chapter would have been destroyed had the fortress monastery and the Emperor not provided them protection. The losses were great, however. Only about a quarter of the Chapter remained alive. The entire chapter's Librarians were consumed by Chaos or killed by the Chapter themselves to spare their brothers such a horrible fate. In a fit of insanity several Librarians seduced by the ruinous powers of Chaos set the Librarium ablaze, destroying all record of the Chapter's glorious history.

The Chapter managed to rebuild its forces over a millenia and now stands at near full strength. They added red to the hands of their armor symbolizing the the blood of the battle brothers that was spilled by their own hands. The use of Librarians is very limited due to their natural distrust of their powers. They have a high number of chaplains as it was the chaplains who kept their faith strong and their spirit pure in that dark time. They never speak of the horrors they witnessed in those many years of isolation and it seems the past of the Dark Templars remains a mystery to all those but The Emperor Himself.

The Dark Templars strictly adhere to the Codex Astartes although their 10th company is slightly larger than that of a normal company due to their desire to bring the chapter to full strength.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2007, 03:49   #22 (permalink)
Shas'O

http://uk.games-workshop.com/spacema...apter-gallery/

So, who's going to bite the bolt and do up a Bolter & Chainsword image for each of those >?
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2007, 03:59   #23 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae

So, who's going to bite the bolt and do up a Bolter & Chainsword image for each of those >?
i'm more worried aobut all the chapter competition pics int eh white dwarfs I have lying about and those in the codex past and present.
Spiritbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2007, 06:52   #24 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:

We could divide it up by page... perhaps monday when I have the day off I'll mess around with the painter some and see if I can get through some of that list.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2007, 08:17   #25 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:

I daresay I could do a load, given a little bit of time.
Want to halve them, Vash?
Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2007, 09:24   #26 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del

Allowed more than one, Yaarp?

Name: White Jackals

Background: The White Jackals were once known as the Black Jackals, until the Outsider campaign against the Xenos Mopani of Heirphan IV. Fighting alongside brother marines from the Knights Veritas, the latter chapter turned upon their own first company and fellow Jackals. The traitorous chapter's survivors from that day fled, reduced to approximately 150 remaining traitors by the courageous actions of the 3rd company of the Jackals. As a parting shot, the traitorous marines adopted the Black Jackal name, mocking the marines who had thwarted their attempts to flee without casualties. The chapter immediately left their homeworld and became a crusade chapter, commencing an attempt to hunt the impostors down, but the reputation of the traitors spread as other renegades joined them. When the Darkwolves and Ultramarines attempted to launch an attack on the still-loyal Jackals, the chapter master resigned the name lost to the heretics and surrendered to the allied marines. Once an Inquisitorial investigation lasting a decade concluded the chapter remained loyal, they were permitted to change their name to the White Jackals and resumed their hunt.
Farseer_Del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2007, 14:42   #27 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

i got it working

Sapphire Dragons

The Sapphire Dragons are located in the Eastern Fringe, and are dedicated to fighting Tau. The chapter was formed during the Nimbosa conflict, when the Raven Guard abandoned the Dragons in an Epic battle. Due to the weaknesses of the Tau and the strengths of the Raven Guard, the Dragons arm themselves with Bolt Pistols and Chainswords. The chapter also has it's own, dedicated squad of Death Watch Kill team, that often lead the chapter to battle.
dragoniccam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2007, 16:26   #28 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Added. Keep in mind that I may need to modify some of the larger descriptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2007, 16:37   #29 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollo is away at the moment, sorry.
Quote:

I daresay I could do a load, given a little bit of time.
Want to halve them, Vash?
Sure, how bout you do pages 1-3 and I'll do 3-6?

Time to go figure out more about halved and quarter schemes.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2007, 16:52   #30 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well I whipped up a few of the first ones. Added some blurbs I got from wikipedia (I changed the wording a bit)

Angels Encarmine

A Blood Angel's sucessor chapter, the Angels Encarmine participated in the campaign to rid the Crimson Fists' homeworld of Orks. Their chapter symbol is a bat-winged drop of blood

Angles of Fire

Founded in the 36th Millenium, the Angels of Fire particpated in the 3rd war for Armageddon

Angels Porphyr

A chapter founded in the 31st Millenium. Their chapter symbol is the profile of a winged skull. Participated in the 3rd war for Armageddon

Angels Sanguine

A Blood Angels successor chapter. Fought against Abbadon's 13th Black Crusade. One of their librarians, Ashok, wears the Shroud of Lemartes which is said to stave off the Red Thirst.

Angels Vermillion

A Blood Angels successor, their symbol is a winged blood drop with a small skull at the base of the drop

Anyone notice that the Angels of Fire are just the Angels Vermillion with fire on their shoulder pads?

EDIT: This may be helpful
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...arine_Chapters
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote