Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Trait Chapter Saloon
Old 06 Jul 2007, 07:41   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default The Trait Chapter Saloon

I wanna hear any and all stories of peoples experiences using trait armies. Pull off a really close win because of your Traits alone? Did that Elites choice Devastator Squad wipe out almost an entire army by themselves? I wanna hear about it.

Note: I do not want to hear about anything related to armies which currently have their own codex rules. IE: I don't want to hear about your lone deathwing termie taking on 500 points of genestealers by himeself. I do want to hear about how an Iron Hands Techmarine HQ went toe to toe with the Master of the Deathwing and and won without taking any wounds.

Have fun all you Trait Army players.

ill Start:

I was once using my Salamanders up against Necrons. We were playing a non scenario game that was intended to last 6 turns. At the end of turn 6 I had lost by about 300 points or so. Luckily I was able to pull off my Never Despair roll taking the game in to turn 7. The Dice gods were on my side that day and I was able to kill enough models during my shooting phase to force a necron phase out. I pulled off a narrow victory that day which would have been a loss had I been playing anything but my Salamanders.
Lord Bovine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2007, 13:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: The Trait Chapter Saloon

well once i attatched my master and my techmarine to a 7-man marine close combat squad (using take the fight to them), mounted in a rhino. by turn 2 they charged a tactical squad, wiping them out in one round, then periodicly swept across the board. by turn 6, i had killed off 4 squads with about 300 points of guys.
dragoniccam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2007, 21:17   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: The Trait Chapter Saloon

I used my elite devs with tank hunters to kill a land raider on turn 1.

It kind shifted the battle in my favor.

With Blessed be the Warriors my Assault Marines with Furious Charge and a Chaplain slaughtered a command squad in one turn.
The Sword 88 is offline   Reply With Quote