Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

need an opinion on something
Old 05 Jul 2007, 19:44   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to mattster293
Default need an opinion on something

me and my brother were once a mighty imeperium army, with his amry of imperial guard my my chapter of space marines we were invincible! but alas that time is over, he has become too old and is too busy with his a- levels to do warhammer and has handed his army to me, and i have considered, red doing his basilisk, taking of his men and placing sapce marines on, and a new paint job so it dosent look so imperial guard like, can anyone give me adice on wether thay think i sohuld do that
the space marines codex has two missing chaoters expunged from the library, my chapter, is one of the expunged chapters, you see, the primarch of my chapter soon turned to chaos and as the ultimate sacrifice to the chaos gods, threw his whole chapter on a desert planet and left them there to die, they now walk this planet, which has no name, and call it their home world, altough they are sure they have an original homeworld, the fortress monastery is weak and made of scrap wood, with techamrines and servitors still building it out of what they find, the chapter fights of hordes to protect home
mattster293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jul 2007, 19:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: need an opinion on something

Use them as scouts! Or converts stuff into Daemonhunter stuff, like an Inquisitor!

No Pity No Remorse No Fear
[hr]
"All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Edgar Allen Poe
[hr]
[quote=Earring (Busy Destroying the World)]
Don't worry too much...remember...females can smell fear
Malchior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jul 2007, 19:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

I think it's a good idea. They could be SP wannabies, they could be totaly awesome cannon fodder or they could keep there IG stats and be awesomer cannon fodder.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jul 2007, 19:51   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

thanks for that, but the amry is just so damn big, 2 leman russ' twp kasrkin squads 4 cadian troop squads two lascannons one missile launcher a basilisk a hellhound and a chimera, compared to that my space marines should be the scouts (which they actually partly were in our mighty alliance)
the space marines codex has two missing chaoters expunged from the library, my chapter, is one of the expunged chapters, you see, the primarch of my chapter soon turned to chaos and as the ultimate sacrifice to the chaos gods, threw his whole chapter on a desert planet and left them there to die, they now walk this planet, which has no name, and call it their home world, altough they are sure they have an original homeworld, the fortress monastery is weak and made of scrap wood, with techamrines and servitors still building it out of what they find, the chapter fights of hordes to protect home
Old 05 Jul 2007, 19:59   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattster293
thanks for that, but the amry is just so damn big, 2 leman russ' twp kasrkin squads 4 cadian troop squads two lascannons one missile launcher a basilisk a hellhound and a chimera, compared to that my space marines should be the scouts (which they actually partly were in our mighty alliance)
You just got a second army, play it as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jul 2007, 20:01   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Take both kaskrins as Inquisitorial Storm Troopers. Make leman ruses as Vindicators. Use Chimera to house a Storm Trooper squad. Sell Cadians to me!!!

No Pity No Remorse No Fear
[hr]
"All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Edgar Allen Poe
[hr]
[quote=Earring (Busy Destroying the World)]
Don't worry too much...remember...females can smell fear
Malchior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jul 2007, 20:20   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

i got no idea where to send them to or where you live lol
Old 06 Jul 2007, 00:20   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattster293
You just got a second army, play it as such.
Seconded. I think you should just take the Guard army and run with it. You have a second army! Play with it!

-Grandpa Ducky

EDIT: Signed.

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2007, 02:44   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Yes there are very few Guard units that can also be used in a Marine army and even with allies that's not the whole thing. Just use it as a second army. You can use them both for really large games. I often run two detatchments from multiple marine chapters for very large games against an opponent doing the same. It's a fun way to go mixing tactics and making the army work together effectively.

So now that you have a second army, just use it as a second army. It keeps the hobby interesting to try on a new army with new tactics from time to time.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote