Warhammer 40K Forum

Community Battle: Space Marines Game Thread
Old 05 Jul 2007, 05:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Community Battle: Space Marines Game Thread

[size=14pt]Community Battle: The Battle for Sector 9 - Space Marines [/size]

Space Marine Briefing

The vile Eldar xenos have made a cowardly ambush of the Imperium's investigative task force, making landfall despite the Eldar attack a rag tag group of Astartes from several chapters has gathered in the ninth sector of the planet's capitol city to hold out until re-inforcements can arrive. Little do they know that the very building they have chosen to defend was built over an ancient Eldar ruin containing artifacts of incomprehendible importance and power. Now under a hellish onslaught from a massive Eldar force the Adeptus Astartes have to hold out no matter what.

Mission Details

This mission will be played using Cities of Death rules, using the Medicae Facility and Fortification strategems, this gives the Administratum building in the center o the marines deployment zone a 3+ cover save and allows one unit inside that building to have the feel no pain special rule for a turn, every turn. The victor will be determined by the side with the most scoring units in the ojective building by the end of the game. The objective building being the fortified Administratum building. The Space Marines have 500 additional points than the Eldar however the Eldar units all have "without number" special rule that enables each of their units to re-enter play once destroyed. Good luck Marines.

Turn Order

The Eldar won the role off for first turn, they will have until 8 PM on July the 6th to send in their orders. Thus 2 days are allowed for orders to be sent in, Eldar orders go to Wingates_Hellsing and Space Marine orders go to me (Vash113). It would be best to send a number of orders listed by priority in case the first priority order is redundant or impossible. For instance if more than one unit elects to fire on one enemy target and the first unit destroys that target, a second target for the next unit in that event allows us (Wingates and I) to more accurately carry out each players orders.

Deployment

A wide shot, Eldar on the left, Marines on the right... obviously.

Marine left flank.

Marines right flank.

Marines right flank top.

Marines right flank front.

A note, the Chaplain should be with Assault Squad Herrion, just by accident he got knocked off the table when my brother ducked to get out of the shot, so in the orders for the Chaplain just specify where amongst the Assault Squad you want him and whether you want him "attatched" or not.

Alright, so feel free to discuss, the Eldar thread is up and in two days the report for the Eldar Turn 1 will be posted and I'll start taking orders for Space Marines Turn 1. Good luck everyone, and may the force... er I mean may the Emperor be with you.

Have a nice day,
Vash "113" Thalion

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jul 2007, 05:21   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Community Battle: Space Marines Game Thread

[size=12pt]Turn 1 Cassualty Reports[/size]

Tactical Squad Eurida
-2 Cassualties, Bolter Marines
Pinning Check Passed
Leadership Check Passed

Tactical Squad Tyriel
-2 Cassualties, Bolter Marines

Devastator Squad Philantes
-3 Cassualties, Heavy Bolter Marine, Bolter Marine, Sergeant
Pinning Check Passed
Leadership Check Passed

Total Cassualties 7, no squads reduced below scoring strength. Orders for Space Marine Turn 1 may now be recieved, send them via PM to myself or post them here in the thread.

Scans of the Battlefield

Tactical Overview Shot

Space Marine Right Flank

Space Marine Left Flank

Eldar Right Flank

Eldar Left Flank

Thanks to Wingates the flank pics now show a reduced size full view with a highlight of the area covered by the close up.

[size=13pt]Space Marine Turn 1[/size]

Terminators fired on Warp Spiders and killed 3 of them. Tactical Squads Eurida and Oscelo fired on Warp Spiders and killed 4 more. Dreadnaught and Predator fired on the Falcon, Dread shook the falcon but the Predator managed another shaken result and blew off the Pulse Laser. Land Raider fired on the Dark Reapers and killed two. Land Speeder skimmed left and shot down one Pathfinder, Devs fired on the War Walkers to no damage and squad Tyriel also fired on the Pathfinders but didn't manage to kill one.

So all told 1 Pathfinder was killed, 5 Warp Spiders, 2 Reapers and the Pulse Laser was blown off of the falcon, no squads were routed though.

Space Marine Left Flank

Space Marine Right Flank

Alright well the Eldar are hurting a bit and they have not been hurt so much as to refresh themselves so that's good, the Eldar have also had their anti tank capability dented and the Dark Reapers have been battered a bit but not forced to flee just yet. So that's not so bad, but you guys gotta work on getting those orders into me faster. Wingates is trying to hurry the Eldar into getting their orders in in just one day, hopefully we can speed this up some more. Lets see how much damage the Eldar inflict next.

Old 05 Jul 2007, 05:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Turn 2 Cassualty Report

Devastator Squad Philantes wiped out by War Walkers.
Left Pathfinder squad shot down the Land Speeder.
Swooping Hawks rushed out, fleeted and tossed grenades onto the Land Raider successfully blowing one if it's twin linked lascannons off and immobilising it. However the Land Raider is not shaken or stuned and will be able to exact it's vengeance.
Reapers fired on squad Oscelo and inficted 3 cassaulties, medicae facility saved two of those cassualties. Thus Squad Oscelo ended up losing just one marine.

Overview

Marine Left Flank

Marine Right Flank

Marine Right... Right Flank

Ok so that was bad. However it could have been much worse, luckily the Dread and Pred are still unharmed and the Land Raider may have lost a gun but it can fire back and I doubt anyone was planning on it moving much anyway. So you guys have till 8 PM Thursday to get your orders in, remember to include me in your PMs so I can get them this time . Course if you guys get them in sooner I can carry them out sooner. Get too it gentleman and good luck.

[size=12pt]Space Marines Turn 2[/size]

Movement
Squad Tyriel moved 6" towards the Administratum building (the objective)
Assault Squad could not move to get sight on the Hawks without impeding the Land Raider's pivot so moved 2" further into cover
Chaplain jumped out over the Land Raider
Land Raider pivoted to face the Vypers (didn't have a decent LOS on the Wave Serpent and I hadn't recieved orders for the Pred who had much better sight and so did the Dread who couldn't see it's intended target).

Shooting
Chaplain fired his bolt pistol and managed to down 1 Swooping Hawk.
Squad Eurida killed 1 Dark Reaper from a well aimed blast of their Lascannon.
Squad Oscelo fired it's Missile Launcher on the War Walkers and destroyed 1.
The Scouts fired their Heavy Bolter on the War Walkers and blew two scatter lasers off of them.
The Predator fired on the Dark Reapers and killed the 2 remaining reapers killing the squad.
Vash fired on the Warp Spiders killing the 2 remaining Aspect Warriors, wiping the squad.
Dreadnaught fired on the Wave Serpent and destroyed it, the blast killing 1 Howling Banshee.
The Land Raider fired on the Vypers immobolizing and thus destroying both.
Terminators did not have range on any targets.

Assault
Chaplain Claudius assaulted the Swooping Hawks killing 4 of them, the Exarch passed his leadership test and consolidated, the fight continues.

Total cassualties so far:

Tactical Squad Eurida- 2 Bolter Marines- Still scoring
Tactical Squad Oscelo- 1 Bolter Marine- Still scoring
Tactical Squad Tyriel- 2 Bolter Marines- Still scoring
Devastator Squad Philantes- 6 Marines- Squad destroyed
Land Raider- 1 Twin Linked Lascannon destroyed, immobolized- not scoring
Land Speeder Tornado- Destroyed- unit destroyed

Total:

11 Marines
Land Speeder
Damaged Land Raider

Total enemies neutralized:

Swooping Hawks- 5 Hawks killed- not scoring
Warp Spiders- 7 Spiders- not scoring, unit to be refreshed
Howling Banshees- 1 Banshee, Entangled- Still scoring
Wave Serpent- Destroyed- unit destroyed, unit to be refreshed
Vypers- Both destroyed- unit destroyed, unit to be refreshed
War Walkers- 1 Destroyed, 2 Scatter Lasers destroyed
Dark Reapers- 5 Reapers killed- unit destroyed, unit to be refreshed
Pathfinders Squad 1- 1 pathfinder killed- unit scoring
Falcon- Pulse laser destroyed- not scoring

Total:

18 Aspect Warriors
1 Pathfinder
1 War Walker
2 Vypers
1 Wave Serpent
Damaged Falcon
2 Damaged War Walkers

Eldar Lines

Space Marine Far Right Flank

Space Marine Left Flank

Administratum (Objective)

Captain Thalion watched his left flank disintigrate, the Land Speeder Tornado exploded into a hellish fireball as it ploughed into the ground. The Eldar must have shot the driver, wonderful. The Devastators were dead too, shreded by the xenos weaponry in their exposed position. Squad Tyriel was taking cassualties too. A few marines had fallen in the main Administratum building and the Land Raider had lost one of it's guns to a strange xenos grenade but they were holding on.

++This is Captain Thalion to squad Tyriel, fall back to the Administratum building and take up firing positions, to all marines, hold at all costs and defeat these xenos in the name of the Emperor++

Captain Thalion sighted through the window and unleashed twin balls of super heated plasma, tearing through the air to vaporize the remaining Warp Spiders as they tried to close on the building, he stepped back as sniper fire slammed into the window all around him. They would hold or they would die, as the Raven Guard said, Victoris aut Mortis, Victory or Death.

Old 05 Jul 2007, 05:21   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Space Marine Turn 3 Cassualty Report

Squad Oscelo took 1 cassualty to Pathfinder squad 1
Squads Eurida took 1 cassualty to Pathfinder squad 2

Both squads failed their pinning check, both squads are pinned. I know it's rather sad.

In the assault phase Chaplain Claudius eviscerated the Swooping Hawk Exarch and consolidated into the Fire Dragons.

Total Cassualties: 2 Marines, squads pinned.

Eldar Lines

The Close Combat

Jetbikes Moving In

[size=13pt]Space Marines Turn 3[/size]

Movement:

Tactical Squad Tyriel moved 6" into the Administratum building.
Captain Vash moved 4" to the right in the Administratum building and going down one level.

Shooting:

Scout Squad Moriar fired on the Jetbikes killing 4, leaving just the Jetbike Warlock.
Terminators failed their target priority test and fired on the Warp Spiders, shooting saw the only 3 spiders in LOS killed.
Predator fired on Dark Reapers, annihilating 3 of the dark Aspect Warriors.
Dreadnaught fired on the Howling Banshees, killing just one of them.
Land Raider used Power of the Machine Spirit to fire on the Wave Serpent, getting a glancing hit and rolling a 6 destroying the Eldar skimmer.
Captain Vash fired on the rear armor of the Falcon, easily getting a glancing hit and rolling a 4 on the damage table, blowing off the Falcon's remaining main armament, it's shuriken cannon, leaving just it's prow mounted shuriken catapaults.

Assault

Assault saw Chaplain Claudius kill 3 Fire Dragons, the remaining dragon and the Exarch failed to wound the chaplain and passed their test, consolidating. The combat continues.

Results: Enemy Cassualties:

3 Fire Dragons
1 Howling Banshee
3 Dark Reapers
4 Jetbikes
3 Warp Spiders
1 Weapon Destroyed on Falcon
1 Vehicle Destroyed on Wave Serpent

The only unit to be refreshed is the Wave Serpent. The Eldar force is looking extremely battered and their assault appears to have ground to halt. With their fire unable to dislodge the Marines from the Administratum and their assault units continually thrown back the Eldar appear to be in grave trouble. With half the game gone and the Marines holding the objective in an adamantine grip with fully eight scoring units the battle appears decided. However the battle is not yet over, the Eldar still have time to mount an offencive, can they do it? Can they break the backs of the Marines and send them fleeing? I hope not but we shall just have to see.

Space Marine Left Flank

Space Marine Right Flank

Space Marine Lines

Eldar Lines

Old 05 Jul 2007, 05:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Reserved for Turn 4.

Old 05 Jul 2007, 05:22   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Reserved for Turn 5.

Old 05 Jul 2007, 05:22   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Reserved for Turn 6.

Old 05 Jul 2007, 05:40   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin

sorry, but I can't figure out what side of the board most of these guys are... seriously draw up a mini map for us each turn... like in the white dwarfs so we know EXACTLY where everything is, just like a normal game.
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jul 2007, 05:47   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Wingates_hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Wingates_hellsing

It's easy really, you look at the overall picture at the top, and then you look at the little ones. The buildings are fairly unique, more than enough for you to know where the units are.

Have an overstated day,
[red]Wingates "richard' Hellsing[/red]
Old 05 Jul 2007, 05:50   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin

It'd be a hell of a lot easier for the players and a better battle if you do what I suggested...

but meh, fair enough, i don't know which units are which in the buildings for the marines... but thats ok... you guys can know what the things are... cus they're right infront of you, and how come the players didn't get to deploy?
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin is offline   Reply With Quote