Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

D@*n Space Marines
Old 02 Jul 2007, 04:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default D@*n Space Marines

why why do you Space Marines have to have so many chapters that are so beautiful

my point is that i want to start a branch-off raven wing army (any name suggestions would be great) because they have lots of bikes and speeders and i love bikes and speeders.
But I also Want to make a Black Templar army of Terminator goodness.
I know that i can have death wing and raven wing together for the bikes + Terminators combo but i like the Black templars for the terminators too much.

What should i do ???

P.S. Can they be allied cause that fluff would rock.

dyk.themuffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jul 2007, 05:27   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: D@*n Space Marines

Do what I do....I currently possess full space wolves and dark angels armies. I possess partial Blood Angels, Iron Fists armies, and Ive even got some odd grey knights hanging around. Paint stuff for a given army if you KNOW it's meant for them first. Stuff like termie squads and vehicles can often trade off between armies. It's not perfect, but it works.

Im perfectly ok painting a bunch of tac squads different, but after getting all the termies for my DA, I'll be dammed if Im gonna buy more for the others. Except the SW, because they're cool and unique.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jul 2007, 07:20   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

I personally have:

2000+ points of Blood Ravens
2000+ points of Dark Angels
2000+ points of Ultramarines
1750 points of Imperial Fists
1200 points of Grey Knights
1350 points of Raven Guard

Course the Raven Guard will probably get boosted to 1850-2000 very soon with 10 more Tactical marines and another 10-15 Assault Marines, the Grey Knights will get larger and I'm planning a Blood Angel army come late August and probably a Space Wolf army around December.

If you like multiple chapters than do multiple chapters. Use ebay or buy used models off of veterans etc as a cheap way to get a lot of models, they may need some work but it's doable. It's how I have so many marine armies. I bought less than a third of the total models I have new from GW.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jul 2007, 17:41   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyndmyr
Do what I do....I currently possess full space wolves and dark angels armies. I possess partial Blood Angels, Iron Fists armies, and Ive even got some odd grey knights hanging around. Paint stuff for a given army if you KNOW it's meant for them first. Stuff like termie squads and vehicles can often trade off between armies. It's not perfect, but it works.

Im perfectly ok painting a bunch of tac squads different, but after getting all the termies for my DA, I'll be dammed if Im gonna buy more for the others. Except the SW, because they're cool and unique.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
I personally have:

2000+ points of Blood Ravens
2000+ points of Dark Angels
2000+ points of Ultramarines
1750 points of Imperial Fists
1200 points of Grey Knights
1350 points of Raven Guard

Course the Raven Guard will probably get boosted to 1850-2000 very soon with 10 more Tactical marines and another 10-15 Assault Marines, the Grey Knights will get larger and I'm planning a Blood Angel army come late August and probably a Space Wolf army around December.

If you like multiple chapters than do multiple chapters. Use ebay or buy used models off of veterans etc as a cheap way to get a lot of models, they may need some work but it's doable. It's how I have so many marine armies. I bought less than a third of the total models I have new from GW.
thats all great but i have very very very little money :'( and was trying to figure out how to best spend it
I have an idea though i will make the two chapters the same chapter (i.e. they are so commonly allied that the branchoff chapters are insperable ;D)

Old 02 Jul 2007, 18:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

You could do that. Though you can get models very cheaply if you look hard enough. I got roughly 10,000 points of Space Marines for only 100 bucks. That doesn't happen every day but it can be done.

Old 02 Jul 2007, 18:17   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Sorry. I dont get it why do you like the black templar terminators? Is is the rules or the models? If it's models you like then no prob you could use those making your own chapter using raven wing + death wing rules. You can mix in templar parts for your bikes aswell and make it kind of a crusading feel to the army.
Old 02 Jul 2007, 18:33   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontus
Sorry. I dont get it why do you like the black templar terminators? Is is the rules or the models? If it's models you like then no prob you could use those making your own chapter using raven wing + death wing rules. You can mix in templar parts for your bikes aswell and make it kind of a crusading feel to the army.
no reason in particular just want black templars as the allies and the ravenwing as the base (that way i can have bikes as troops choices and still have the terminators and other black templar goodness)

Old 02 Jul 2007, 18:55   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

but the deathwing terminators are better with the teleport thingy where you get lots of stuff early combined with the rawenwings teleport homers and scout move aswell as the ability to take close combat weapons and shooting weapons in the same squad.
Old 02 Jul 2007, 19:33   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Luy22 Send a message via MSN to Luy22

Dude I am in the same predicament... I wanna start a blood angels army lol
Only then your life I will save
Luy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jul 2007, 20:18   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyk.themuffinman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontus
no reason in particular just want black templars as the allies and the ravenwing as the base (that way i can have bikes as troops choices and still have the terminators and other black templar goodness)
Except allies isn't a solid rule and only really works for Inquisition taking allies. So it's not really possible to do it that way. I'd suggest just using the Dark Angels rules, Ravenwing and Deathwing and then using Black Templars bits, you could even paint the Terminators as Black Templars allied with Ravenwing for some strange reason but rules wise it's best to just use all Dark Angel rules or make two entirely seperate armies.