Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

D@*n Space Marines
Reply
Old 02 Jul 2007, 04:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 545
Default D@*n Space Marines

why why do you Space Marines have to have so many chapters that are so beautiful

my point is that i want to start a branch-off raven wing army (any name suggestions would be great) because they have lots of bikes and speeders and i love bikes and speeders.
But I also Want to make a Black Templar army of Terminator goodness.
I know that i can have death wing and raven wing together for the bikes + Terminators combo but i like the Black templars for the terminators too much.

What should i do ???

P.S. Can they be allied cause that fluff would rock.
__________________

dyk.themuffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jul 2007, 05:27   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,130
Default Re: D@*n Space Marines

Do what I do....I currently possess full space wolves and dark angels armies. I possess partial Blood Angels, Iron Fists armies, and Ive even got some odd grey knights hanging around. Paint stuff for a given army if you KNOW it's meant for them first. Stuff like termie squads and vehicles can often trade off between armies. It's not perfect, but it works.

Im perfectly ok painting a bunch of tac squads different, but after getting all the termies for my DA, I'll be dammed if Im gonna buy more for the others. Except the SW, because they're cool and unique.
__________________
Latest Project: Game Design Forums. Register now to get a low user ID, or reserve a forum for your own project.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jul 2007, 07:20   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 8,194
Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: D@*n Space Marines

I personally have:

2000+ points of Blood Ravens
2000+ points of Dark Angels
2000+ points of Ultramarines
1750 points of Imperial Fists
1200 points of Grey Knights
1350 points of Raven Guard

Course the Raven Guard will probably get boosted to 1850-2000 very soon with 10 more Tactical marines and another 10-15 Assault Marines, the Grey Knights will get larger and I'm planning a Blood Angel army come late August and probably a Space Wolf army around December.

If you like multiple chapters than do multiple chapters. Use ebay or buy used models off of veterans etc as a cheap way to get a lot of models, they may need some work but it's doable. It's how I have so many marine armies. I bought less than a third of the total models I have new from GW.
__________________



Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jul 2007, 17:41   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 545
Default Re: D@*n Space Marines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyndmyr
Do what I do....I currently possess full space wolves and dark angels armies. I possess partial Blood Angels, Iron Fists armies, and Ive even got some odd grey knights hanging around. Paint stuff for a given army if you KNOW it's meant for them first. Stuff like termie squads and vehicles can often trade off between armies. It's not perfect, but it works.

Im perfectly ok painting a bunch of tac squads different, but after getting all the termies for my DA, I'll be dammed if Im gonna buy more for the others. Except the SW, because they're cool and unique.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
I personally have:

2000+ points of Blood Ravens
2000+ points of Dark Angels
2000+ points of Ultramarines
1750 points of Imperial Fists
1200 points of Grey Knights
1350 points of Raven Guard

Course the Raven Guard will probably get boosted to 1850-2000 very soon with 10 more Tactical marines and another 10-15 Assault Marines, the Grey Knights will get larger and I'm planning a Blood Angel army come late August and probably a Space Wolf army around December.

If you like multiple chapters than do multiple chapters. Use ebay or buy used models off of veterans etc as a cheap way to get a lot of models, they may need some work but it's doable. It's how I have so many marine armies. I bought less than a third of the total models I have new from GW.
thats all great but i have very very very little money :'( and was trying to figure out how to best spend it
I have an idea though i will make the two chapters the same chapter (i.e. they are so commonly allied that the branchoff chapters are insperable ;D)
__________________

dyk.themuffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jul 2007, 18:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 8,194
Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: D@*n Space Marines

You could do that. Though you can get models very cheaply if you look hard enough. I got roughly 10,000 points of Space Marines for only 100 bucks. That doesn't happen every day but it can be done.

__________________



Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jul 2007, 18:17   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 789
Default Re: D@*n Space Marines

Sorry. I dont get it why do you like the black templar terminators? Is is the rules or the models? If it's models you like then no prob you could use those making your own chapter using raven wing + death wing rules. You can mix in templar parts for your bikes aswell and make it kind of a crusading feel to the army.
__________________
Order of the Purple Angel!!
Pontus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jul 2007, 18:33   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 545
Default Re: D@*n Space Marines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontus
Sorry. I dont get it why do you like the black templar terminators? Is is the rules or the models? If it's models you like then no prob you could use those making your own chapter using raven wing + death wing rules. You can mix in templar parts for your bikes aswell and make it kind of a crusading feel to the army.
no reason in particular just want black templars as the allies and the ravenwing as the base (that way i can have bikes as troops choices and still have the terminators and other black templar goodness)
__________________

dyk.themuffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jul 2007, 18:55   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 789
Default Re: D@*n Space Marines

but the deathwing terminators are better with the teleport thingy where you get lots of stuff early combined with the rawenwings teleport homers and scout move aswell as the ability to take close combat weapons and shooting weapons in the same squad.
__________________
Order of the Purple Angel!!
Pontus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jul 2007, 19:33   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Suffield, connecticut
Posts: 3,135
Send a message via AIM to Luy22 Send a message via MSN to Luy22
Default Re: D@*n Space Marines

Dude I am in the same predicament... I wanna start a blood angels army lol
__________________
I am the carrion lord
Bow to me and give my praise
Sacrifice the blood of a thousand souls
Only then your life I will save
Luy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jul 2007, 20:18   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 8,194
Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: D@*n Space Marines

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyk.themuffinman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontus
Sorry. I dont get it why do you like the black templar terminators? Is is the rules or the models? If it's models you like then no prob you could use those making your own chapter using raven wing + death wing rules. You can mix in templar parts for your bikes aswell and make it kind of a crusading feel to the army.
no reason in particular just want black templars as the allies and the ravenwing as the base (that way i can have bikes as troops choices and still have the terminators and other black templar goodness)
Except allies isn't a solid rule and only really works for Inquisition taking allies. So it's not really possible to do it that way. I'd suggest just using the Dark Angels rules, Ravenwing and Deathwing and then using Black Templars bits, you could even paint the Terminators as Black Templars allied with Ravenwing for some strange reason but rules wise it's best to just use all Dark Angel rules or make two entirely seperate armies.
__________________



Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chaos Space Marines VS Space Marines Diorama (VERY PIC HEAVY) HiveFleetGoliath Project Logs 43 17 Jun 2010 14:18
Chaos Marines and Space Marines Wargears - Bolters/Boltpistols Dobb General 40K 16 05 Apr 2010 14:37
Chaos Space Marines vs Tau, Marines, Eldar. March xx, 2010 Grindgobble Witherfume Battle Reports 5 12 Mar 2010 22:53
Space Marines quiz #1 - Codex Space Marines Stam Space Marines 33 13 Sep 2006 20:11
Chaos space marines and space marines into Death guards? crisis_vyper Conversion 9 15 Aug 2006 17:23