Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Praise be to the new librarian terminator... and the Emperor
Old 16 Jun 2007, 02:33   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Praise be to the new librarian terminator... and the Emperor

The whole point of my post here, is first to say that GW produced a truly amazing model. The new librarian has quickly become the centerpiece of my entire army. But, so you don't think this thread is worthless, I want to converse about librarian tactica. I'll start by telling you my normal uses, and, if you want, tell us how you use, if you do use one, your one man army.

Usually I take an epistolary with familiar, terminator armor (Only so I can use the awe-inspiring model). I'll use veil of time and keep storm of the Emp man's wrath. Depending on point limits I'll take a terminator command squad, and if possible I deep strike.

If I do deep strike I get in an assault as quickly as possible, and if I fight an IC I will NOT use veil of time. Why? The force weapon can bring the IC or mosterous (I butchered that word I know.) down with only one hit needing to cause damage. I've killed many a carnifex with my lone librarian ( who fights at I6 cuz of the familiar) and slew many necron lord's outright. Now, veil of time is just great if you don't run into a big thing that you can poke and pop, because what's better than rerolling everything against those puny guardsman who you hope get destroyed in the goriest way imaginable. Or if your being shot by 40+ orks with those darned big shootas. Trust me, rerolling those saves makes him a beast.
Now, If you fight those wimpy cowardly Eldar who don't have the cajones to stand up and fight, or tzeentians, or tau, or necrons(I hate those cyborg zombies, especcially when they try to gun me down) and can't reach an assault, you might as well hit them with a very strong ap2 blast as you don't have a gun, at least I don't give him a gun, by all means if you want might of heroes too(in lieu of SOTEW), give the man a storm bolter.
Now, talking about might of heroes, I'll sometimes replace veil of time or SOTEW with that skill, cuz hitting someone from possibly 8 attacks in one turn with a force weapon is something I like. Love actually.

Now why I did I choose that expensive epistolary? A measly 15 points, only 1 body, gives me 1 more LD and 1 more wound, neccesary for that pesky psychic test(I miss 2nd edition)

Well, I've said enough now and feel free to contradict me, give me kudos or insult me. I enjoy learning new ways to use my army more efficiently and truly value any criticism you have.

-Inquisitor Nicholas IV

-The Gran Galactic Inquisitor, Lord Bag Boy of the segmentums Obscurus, Ultima, Pacificus, Tempestus, and Solar, Hunter of the pious heretics, slayer of xenos friends, and demolisher of the daemonic entity that is Pokemon. Also Lord Inquisitor of the land of the knights who say Ni, and the chief torturer of Barney the foul, and the malignant cancer that is known as teletubies. Also The slayer of all those disagree with him, and some who agree, well all who agree, I should say the slayer of All who have the misfortune to know him. Your Lord Inquisitor Nick
Inquisitor_Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2007, 02:35   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Praise be to the new librarian terminator... and the Emperor

My bad, I hadn't noticed the whole tactica sticky, go ahead and move this. Sorry ;D
-The Gran Galactic Inquisitor, Lord Bag Boy of the segmentums Obscurus, Ultima, Pacificus, Tempestus, and Solar, Hunter of the pious heretics, slayer of xenos friends, and demolisher of the daemonic entity that is Pokemon. Also Lord Inquisitor of the land of the knights who say Ni, and the chief torturer of Barney the foul, and the malignant cancer that is known as teletubies. Also The slayer of all those disagree with him, and some who agree, well all who agree, I should say the slayer of All who have the misfortune to know him. Your Lord Inquisitor Nick
Old 16 Jun 2007, 02:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Tactica sticky? The Librarium is for finished and formatted tacticas.

First off your Librarian build is illegal, a Librarian in Terminator armor cannot take a Familiar. Notice in the armory that Terminators may only take items and equipment with a T next to them, and the Familiar does not have a T.

Personally in my Blood Ravens I couple a codicier with Might of Heroes with an Epistolary with Veil of Time, on the charge that's possibly 8 attacks from the Epistolary at I 5 that are all re-rollable which is perfect for eating expencive squads alive before they can even strike. I love doing it to Grey Knight Terminators.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2007, 02:54   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Ah. Thanks for the reply I use that strategy too but only when I actually get the second psyker. And for the familiar, I'm so used to using house rules I hadn't even noticed my flaw. Where I play everyone agreed that a termy can have a familiar( the majority of players are SM players). As you can see by my puny post count I'm new to the forums, and apologize for my error with the librarium. Obviously, don't use an illegal Char. for a tournament, but you can give him a command squad(terminator) and give them furious assault. Not quite the I 7 you can grab without terminator armor, but I just can't give up on the model. Thank you for pointing that out.

-Inq. Nick
Old 16 Jun 2007, 04:15   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
Tactica sticky? The Librarium is for finished and formatted tacticas.

First off your Librarian build is illegal, a Librarian in Terminator armor cannot take a Familiar. Notice in the armory that Terminators may only take items and equipment with a T next to them, and the Familiar does not have a T.

Personally in my Blood Ravens I couple a codicier with Might of Heroes with an Epistolary with Veil of Time, on the charge that's possibly 8 attacks from the Epistolary at I 5 that are all re-rollable which is perfect for eating expencive squads alive before they can even strike. I love doing it to Grey Knight Terminators.
Via the Interactive Army Builder that GW released it is NOT illegal. It is an item specific to a class.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2007, 04:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Really? That sounds like a glitch in army builder, the text in the codex is fairly specific as to what Terminators can take.

Old 16 Jun 2007, 04:35   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

I'm pretty sure that if you asked GW they'd say yes.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 05:16   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Except there is no way to really ask GW, if you ask a redshirt it's 50/50 which answer you would get, and that goes for pretty much anything.

Personally I'd go by what the text in the codex says and not Army Builder, I've known army builder to be wrong before.

Note page 22 from the Codex says:

Quote:
Models in Terminator armour can only select equipment marked with a T.
The Familiar has no T, other items in the wargear list do, so it's not just weapons. Which means army builder is in direct conflict with the codex. Familiars may be a Librarian Only item but there isn't anything saying that overrides the restrictions of wearing Terminator Armor.

Old 16 Jun 2007, 05:22   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Which I believe is the stupidest argument ever for such a thing. But I'm sure that mine is not going to sound much better...

Here's another example from Army Builder, the Holy Orbs of Antioch. Same exact thing.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 06:23   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

And again if it contradicts the codex I would say it's wrong. Both are official sources however army builder is a suppliment and I don't see anything from GW that says Army Builder overrides any contradictions it has to the codexies. I've seen it happen before and have to be updated.

Whatever army builder says it doesn't change the text in the codex which is pretty final. No T, no taking it. That is what the codex says, nothing about unit specific items always being available, or anything like that.