Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Dreadnought Armies...
Old 13 Jun 2007, 00:10   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Dreadnought Armies...

Hey I was just wondering if any one has tried a Dreadnought army with Heed the wisdom of the Ancients. I was just wondering if anyone has tried the army and if it's effective or not.

thanks in advance. ;D

(\_/) this is bunny
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination
Greater good or bust. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2007, 00:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to thecuriousmonke
Default Re: Dreadnought Armies...

Well I've never tried it but you can be sure its expensive, both point wise and money.

I would recommend play testing using proxies before you went to get the models, as long as your opponent brings Anti-tank, you are bound to have a tough match on your hands.

I'll try to answer any other questions you have
May you rest in peace, Freddie Hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
I hate kids.
More normaler that you'se!
Thanks to Wargamer and JD for the sigs
thecuriousmonke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2007, 00:58   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Had it used against me a few times when I was running my chaos army. Guy drop-podded in 6 dreads right on top of me. Boy was I glad obies come with twin linked meltaguns.
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2007, 03:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Someone brought one against me when I was playing my Tau. It didnt work out that well for them, game was over by turn 3. But, thats not the best of examples, because I had alot of railguns. You would probably just have to get used to having so many points in one spot. I think any army can be effective, but this one will probably just take more practice than a vanilla marine list.
computerizedfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2007, 03:30   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

I would say that it would be (reletivly) the same as using an All LRC Templar list, you just have to learn how to use it properly. I've been refining this list and tactics since last December and I have a good feeling about the up coming tourney on Saturday, that is, if I can go...
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2007, 21:45   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I've used it a few times, using only five Dreads. 2 long range tank killers, then drop-poddin my close in Dreads right on top of the enemy. Worked out pretty well.
Warden of the Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2007, 22:21   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

I played against a dread-heavy list this last weekend, it was fairly hard to bash down due to the huge amount of AP12 wandering around. 4 were normal dreads with Assault cannons and CCWs, and one was a Venerable Dread with same loadout. Hard as nails- except when you sneak behind them and unload 12 rapid firing twinliked bolter shots (Ravenwing Bikes ), that usually hurts!

"Robed" Dark Angels-2500pts
kapow ur dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2007, 03:11   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapow Ur Dead
I played against a dread-heavy list this last weekend, it was fairly hard to bash down due to the huge amount of AP12 wandering around. 4 were normal dreads with Assault cannons and CCWs, and one was a Venerable Dread with same loadout. Hard as nails- except when you sneak behind them and unload 12 rapid firing twinliked bolter shots (Ravenwing Bikes ), that usually hurts!

Well unless you are mistaken or playing the old BA list, you had no more than three normal Dreds, as any place in elites have to be venerable.

tanarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2007, 19:17   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Ya it seems like it would be very balanced, because you can take heavy dreadnought and than CC dreadnoughts with Assault gun and close combat.

(\_/) this is bunny
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination
Greater good or bust. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2007, 21:33   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Heed the wisdom is a great trait. My current list includes two dreads with assault cannon, DCCW, and storm bolters as heavies, one dread with laz cannon,missile launcher, and tank hunters as an elite, 2 squads of five termies with 2 assault cannons in each, and a predator armed with all laz cannons that will fit. 2 assault squads, and 2 tactical squads round out the army. I think this is a very effective use of the trait, and gives more options than 5 or six dreads can. I also use the no mercy trait to pump up the assault squads. And yes I would like some crackers to go with my cheese.

Run a termie squad with each of the assault cannon dreads. The firepower is enough to bring down just about anything.