Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Whats with the armor?
Old 06 Jun 2007, 16:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Whats with the armor?

OK i have a few questions that have been bugging me for a while.

1. how long does it take to make a suit of power armor.

2. do they just scrounge from the dead?

3. what would it take to TOTALY destroy a suit of power armor or terminator armor?

First thing first, but not necessarily in that order! - Doctor Who

Fight well and Die well. What more can a guardsmen hope for?

Duality is key, good and evil, dark and light, only when both come toghether can man truly prosper.- Lord Bale

No matter what you do to me I am safe in the knowledge that nobody cares about me anyway!
Psyker11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2007, 16:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Durza
Default Re: Whats with the armor?

1. Not sure.

2. No, the chapters techmarines make them, or they get them from a forge world, I've heard both, so I'm not sure.

3. I seem to remember something about a Titan can step on terminator armour and have it survive.
But I'm guessing very strong weapons would do the trick. Or Hurling them into the nearest star. Crux Terminatus that! Power armour wouldn't be able to survive that much though.
Durza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2007, 18:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

1. It depends greatly, some chapters forge's are much better equipped to create new and artificed suits of Power Armor, other Chapters such as the Red Scorpions and Raven Guard have to rely on much older suits of armor and many of their arms and armor date back a very long way, to even before the Horus Heresy.

2. Yes they scrounge from the dead. Power Armor, Bolters, these things are too precious to leave on the dead, wherever possible marines recover their fallen brothers, the armor is cleaned, repaired and given to a new initiate to carry on, the same goes with bolters. In that way the previous owners continue to fight the Emperor's foes in the next generation, similar to the gene-seed. However Chapters also can make new equipment as inevitably they won't always be able to recover every suit and gun so new weapons and armor must be crafted. But the time this takes varies immensly from chapter to chapter. The Salamanders and Iron Hands for instance can probably create power armor much more easily than some other chapters.

3. Battle Cannons, Melta Guns, Lascannons etc can blast apart Power Armor. But as Psyker said a suit of Terminator armor can survive being stepped on by a Titan. Of course the wearer wouldn't and the suit would be in very bad shape after that. Usually in the fluff Terminator armor suffers the worst from Tyranids who digest it just like they do everything else.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2007, 18:32   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Actually according to the fluff terminator armour can protect someone from being crushed under a titans foot. Personally I find that a little far fetched, but it is hilarious.

Alternatively its not the terminator armour that is that hardcore, but the Space Wolf veteran in the armour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2007, 23:02   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Most chapters try to retain power armor and weaponry, though these materials are still in production. Many Space Marines (notably the Mentor Legion), train in maintaining their personal armor, and some veterans have made personal modifications to their armor over the years. Many consider the Space Marine's armor to be sacred, and particularly ancient suits are highly prized.
Old 08 Jun 2007, 15:09   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstead
Actually according to the fluff terminator armour can protect someone from being crushed under a titans foot. Personally I find that a little far fetched, but it is hilarious.

Alternatively its not the terminator armour that is that hardcore, but the Space Wolf veteran in the armour!
Do you find it far-fetched when hitting a nail with a hammer doesn't destroy it?

Application of mass alone is rarely a good way to destroy something. This is also why a bullet weighing a few grams travelling faster than sound is more deadly than a small car at 30mph.

In the instance we're discussing, the Terminator Armour is being crushed between the Titan and the ground. One of them will give, and as I recall it was the floor (eventually).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote