Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

May be starting Space marines
Old 28 May 2007, 22:33   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default May be starting Space marines

Hi

I am thinking of starting Space marines for my next army, and I have a couple questions. First of all, Who are the legion of the damned, and do they have any traits? Also, how well do the Iron hands work? Are they unbalanced, or fair?
cheers

-D'artagnan

Dartagnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 23:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: May be starting Space marines

While there aren't any current rules pertaining to the legion of the damned you might still find them interesting. Their fluff and models (the old ones if you can find all of them, though the games workshop website still carries some... just not the special edition sergeant) are extremely cool. And you will definitely have a jaw droppingly good army if you can paint them to a good standard (for some reason flames are hard for some people).

As for the iron hands, their special traits (if you choose to use them, remember you don't have to) are actually kind of balanced. While six dreads might seem like a lot, you can still pop them with one lucky shot. And taking an upgraded techmarine instead of the master doesn't hurt you a lot, it does remove the ability to use the masters leadership for the rest of the army (which with 6 dreads you don't really need anyway.... : )

I think of the two I would rather play the legion of the damned. Even though they don't have any special rules, they still are really impressive when done correctly.
Old 29 May 2007, 04:04   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Is there a link to some rules for the Iron Hands? I've been trying to use the trait system to make a DYI successor chapter to the Iron Hands but I haven't found anything official (or detailed, for that matter.)
SmellTheAshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 06:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

no, they have traits listed in the codex though.

For more webcomics like this please visit my website.

http://www.tristanworld.com

or my deviant art account.
Omeganus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2007, 21:37   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Adam Baker

The Legion of the Damned have a "homepage" in the Warhammer 40k site.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/spacema...onofthedamned/
Adam Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2007, 22:02   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

There are rules for the Legion of the Damned which were released in White Dwarf. They cost a pretty penny, but all models had a 6+ Invulnerable Save and arrived by Deep Strike after deployment but before the start of the game... they also have severe FoC limitations, and the list is based on the old version of the Space Marines Codex.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2007, 16:52   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
There are rules for the Legion of the Damned which were released in White Dwarf. They cost a pretty penny, but all models had a 6+ Invulnerable Save and arrived by Deep Strike after deployment but before the start of the game... they also have severe FoC limitations, and the list is based on the old version of the Space Marines Codex.
Which also means that they aren't playable anymore... which is why I didn't mention the rules. It was fantastic for the fluff and I know more than a few gamers that went out and bought whole legion of the damned armies based off of it. But now I would just take the one trait that lets you take infiltrate on most of your army and one of the drawbacks that hinders vehicles...