Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A cure for the Black Rage?
Old 19 May 2007, 06:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default A cure for the Black Rage?

Having just read the first part of the new blood angels codex in white dwarf yesterday, I discovered that the blood angels drink the blood of Sanguinius (albeit mixed with that of the priests) during their initiation. This may not seem like much, but when combined with the Omophagea it would lead to the memories of Sanguinius being past on. Not only this but it is known that the Blood Angels have one as their successor the Flesh Tearers are mentioned in GW fluff as eating flesh because of their Omophagea.

So the cure is quite simply. Don't drink from the red grail.

Now, would this work? Would the Blood Angels accept it? And am I going to get burnt as a heretic before having my ashes ejected into a black hole?

For more webcomics like this please visit my website.

http://www.tristanworld.com

or my deviant art account.
Omeganus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2007, 06:10   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: A cure for the Black Rage?

It's an interesting thought, however other fluff points to the black rage being passed on through the gene seed and not the blood of Sanguinius. When Sanguinius died, his death scream was forever imprinted on the Gene-seed of his legion or some such.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2007, 06:26   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin

Vash Is right on the money right there, it's the geneseed and not the Blood that does it...
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2007, 06:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

maybe though the blood might increase the chances though?

And therefore if you don't drink the blood then your chances of falling to the black rage could be lower.

The blood must pass on Sanguinius's memories at least to a certain extent.

If it would work though, would the Blood angels accept it or would I get burnt as a heretic?

Old 19 May 2007, 14:01   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Hmm... a few of my thoughts.

If Sanguinius's psychic death scream "imprinted" his chapter via the geneseeds, we are therefore saying that his suffering, anguish and rage were all transferred somehow to the remaining Blood Angels themselves, the remaining ones within his legion on the ground on Terra.

I would have thought it more plausible that his own death scream imprinted his own blood/genetics in the final moment of his life rather than some psychic wave that spreads out and touches his chapter's geneseeds....

It would seem logical that this "tainted" genetic code would end up reacting with the Blood Angels geneseed, seeing how they are both derived from the same Primarch, hence the Blood Rage reaction....

Hahahaha, here we are trying to explain GW fluff... :P

"Robed" Dark Angels-2500pts
kapow ur dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2007, 14:22   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grand Seer
Having just read the first part of the new blood angels codex in white dwarf yesterday, I discovered that the blood angels drink the blood of Sanguinius (albeit mixed with that of the priests) during their initiation. This may not seem like much, but when combined with the Omophagea it would lead to the memories of Sanguinius being past on. Not only this but it is known that the Blood Angels have one as their successor the Flesh Tearers are mentioned in GW fluff as eating flesh because of their Omophagea.
Lemme ask you something. Did you watch Underworld recently?
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2007, 15:14   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Quote:

L.O.L

Why explain GW fluff it'll just end up as mindless rabble.
Nontheless, the blood is simply an initiation and in no way can it cause to be a gate to the black rage. The blood may release memories of Sanguinius but they are will ever only be memories.

No Pity No Remorse No Fear
[hr]
"All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Edgar Allen Poe
[hr]
[quote=Earring (Busy Destroying the World)]
Don't worry too much...remember...females can smell fear
Malchior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2007, 15:43   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The Black Rage has actually been cured once, in the ill-fated Lamenters chapter of the 21st (Cursed) Founding. They somehow managed to engineer out the defect, but the chapter was stricken by ridiculously bad luck. They chose the wrong side in the Badab War, then went eastwards, right into the path of Hive Fleet Kraken. The chapter is pretty close to being wiped out.

TO'TAU'VA T'GUE'HE TO'CYR'HE
Kasrkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2007, 17:35   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapow Ur Dead

If Sanguinius's psychic death scream "imprinted" his chapter via the geneseeds, we are therefore saying that his suffering, anguish and rage were all transferred somehow to the remaining Blood Angels themselves, the remaining ones within his legion on the ground on Terra.

I would have thought it more plausible that his own death scream imprinted his own blood/genetics in the final moment of his life rather than some psychic wave that spreads out and touches his chapter's geneseeds....

It would seem logical that this "tainted" genetic code would end up reacting with the Blood Angels geneseed, seeing how they are both derived from the same Primarch, hence the Blood Rage reaction....

However older Horus Heresy fluff describes that at the moment of Sanguinius' death, every remaining Blood Angel was striken with an insane blood frenzy that drove them forward with such ferocity that they managed to break the siege around the Emperor's palace. Also remember that Sanguinius was thought to be quite psychic, amplify that by his status as a Primarch and it would be quite possible for his death scream to have been driven into every member of his legion, wherever they were.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2007, 20:47   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Quote:
never heard of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasrkin
The Black Rage has actually been cured once, in the ill-fated Lamenters chapter of the 21st (Cursed) Founding. They somehow managed to engineer out the defect, but the chapter was stricken by ridiculously bad luck. They chose the wrong side in the Badab War, then went eastwards, right into the path of Hive Fleet Kraken. The chapter is pretty close to being wiped out.
Maybe they used my method *smiles smugly*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapow Ur Dead

However older Horus Heresy fluff describes that at the moment of Sanguinius' death, every remaining Blood Angel was striken with an insane blood frenzy that drove them forward with such ferocity that they managed to break the siege around the Emperor's palace. Also remember that Sanguinius was thought to be quite psychic, amplify that by his status as a Primarch and it would be quite possible for his death scream to have been driven into every member of his legion, wherever they were.
This is possible. I think it says msomewhere in the WD that Sanguinius had to bear the curse of prophecy and new that he would die fighting Horus but went ahead in the name of duty and honour.

Seeing the future makes you strongly psychic.