Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Best way to represent White Scars
Old 09 May 2007, 03:06   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Best way to represent White Scars

I've always loved the White Scars and I was thinking how they could be best portrayed on the table. I immediately thought that the new Ravenwing rules would be perfect but I don't like the Master of Ravenwing's options. I want the Commander on a bike. I don't own the space wolves codex so I can't really say one way or another if the options in that book would work. Any ideas?
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2007, 03:08   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Best way to represent White Scars

I am not sure you would want to use the Ravenwing rules. They cover a scouting force rather than a dedicated Fast Attack force like the White Scars, who don't have something like the Deathwing to back up their fast squadrons. There were Chapter Approved rules for them a while back (when the models were released), but I am not sure if they are still useable.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2007, 03:10   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Space Wolves are doable I suppose. You can get them HQ's on bikes. I would think though you'd want your troops on bikes as well. I just think the options in the Space Marine codex are best for now though.

War is great! Well, except for that dying part ...
BeserkWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2007, 03:11   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerserkWolf
Space Wolves are doable I suppose. You can get them HQ's on bikes. I would think though you'd want your troops on bikes as well. I just think the options in the Space Marine codex are best for now though.
I think this is probably your best bet, although you could probably come up with some appropriate House Rules for most games.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2007, 03:28   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

They have their own traits in the codex, seems a good way to represent them. They should have their own models for that too, my store has two boxes of white scar bikers and two white scar commanders. Don't know if they are still available to buy though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2007, 04:06   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm still not sure if I will actually start an army, I just wanted to write up an army list and get an idea of how the force looks on paper first. If I did do the army I'd want it to be pure bikes and speeders to make it different enough from my current army that it's not simply a different paint scheme.

As far as models, I found a white scars commander on ebay for a decent price. I may buy that for a showcase only model even if I don't do a full army.

Thanks for the replies, I'll write up an army list later and get some more feedback.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2007, 13:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

I wrote these a while ago.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=40203.0

Based them on the traits in the space marine codex and the old white scars rules in Index Astartes.

White Scars were the first 40k army I played and I've always had a soft spot for them. Well biker marines in general. Right now I'm putting together some Ravenwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2007, 15:08   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

go with traits. use them to represent the old white scars rules in index astartes.

bikers as troops. assault marines as fast attack and elites.
rely on fast anti armour (attack bikes) and light tanks (razorbacks, preds with no side sponsons)
all infantry should by rights have a transport, bike, or jet pack

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Deadnight is offline   Reply With Quote